CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diva Smooth

5 posters

Go down

Diva Smooth Empty Diva Smooth

Post by UL1908 4th January 2010, 3:57 pm

Okay ladies so I received the Diva Smooth that I ordered from Janelle Beauty, but I am AFRAID to use it. The product looks thick like honey and all of her ingredients are listed within nothing that appears harmful or chemically altering. I've been transitioning for 3 months and I'm in love with my new growth, so I'm a little weary about this product because I don't want it to alter my texture (although the product says it doesn't). Any thoughts? Has anyone tried this?

UL1908

Back to top Go down

Diva Smooth Empty Re: Diva Smooth

Post by ~JOME~ 8th January 2010, 2:27 pm

My mom used it on my hair a couple of weeks ago. As a hair stylist, she had heard about it through the internet and since I was 4 months into transitioning, I was the perfect guinea pig. Like you said, Diva Smooth is really sticky especially when applying to the hair. I ended up sleeping overnight with it on my hair with a plastic cap because Mom got a little too excited and wanted to put it on my hair immediately after I took my braids out (which was around 9-10 at night). However, the next morning at the hair salon, Mom proceeded with using the shampoo and conditioner and then flat ironing and to be really honest, it looked like I had a relaxer. I mean my hair was really straight and smooth. It was nice, but after about a week, I got tired of it being straight so I washed it out and did some bantu knots, lol! Yet, I would recommend it to anyone who want their hair straightened.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by UL1908 9th January 2010, 2:35 am

Thanks! I'm about 3 months into my transition and I just need a break from rollersets for a little while. I'm tired of sleeping with them in! Plus I need my ends clipped so I figured I'd give the product a try.

UL1908

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 10th January 2010, 1:58 am

~JOME~ wrote:My mom used it on my hair a couple of weeks ago. As a hair stylist, she had heard about it through the internet and since I was 4 months into transitioning, I was the perfect guinea pig. Like you said, Diva Smooth is really sticky especially when applying to the hair. I ended up sleeping overnight with it on my hair with a plastic cap because Mom got a little too excited and wanted to put it on my hair immediately after I took my braids out (which was around 9-10 at night). However, the next morning at the hair salon, Mom proceeded with using the shampoo and conditioner and then flat ironing and to be really honest, it looked like I had a relaxer. I mean my hair was really straight and smooth. It was nice, but after about a week, I got tired of it being straight so I washed it out and did some bantu knots, lol! Yet, I would recommend it to anyone who want their hair straightened.

Did the texture of you natural hair revert back when you washed it?
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 10th January 2010, 3:11 am

~JOME~ wrote:My mom used it on my hair a couple of weeks ago. As a hair stylist, she had heard about it through the internet and since I was 4 months into transitioning, I was the perfect guinea pig. Like you said, Diva Smooth is really sticky especially when applying to the hair. I ended up sleeping overnight with it on my hair with a plastic cap because Mom got a little too excited and wanted to put it on my hair immediately after I took my braids out (which was around 9-10 at night). However, the next morning at the hair salon, Mom proceeded with using the shampoo and conditioner and then flat ironing and to be really honest, it looked like I had a relaxer. I mean my hair was really straight and smooth. It was nice, but after about a week, I got tired of it being straight so I washed it out and did some bantu knots, lol! Yet, I would recommend it to anyone who want their hair straightened.

can you kindly list the ingredients, as i was curious about this product, but couldn't find any ingredients anywhere. i am weary of ingredients that are hard to acquire.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by UL1908 10th January 2010, 2:53 pm

organic raw wild honey, olea europaea (organic olive) oil, sucrose (sugar) extract, zea mays starch, citrus medica limonum (organic lemon) extract, (acetic acid) vinegar, tocopherol (vitamin E), blend of essential oils...These are how the ingredients are listed on the bottle.

UL1908

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 11th January 2010, 2:35 am

Tmochava wrote:

Did the texture of you natural hair revert back when you washed it?

Yep, it reverted quite nicely. I was able to see all two inches of my new growth.
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 11th January 2010, 2:38 am

dajewel wrote:

can you kindly list the ingredients, as i was curious about this product, but couldn't find any ingredients anywhere. i am weary of ingredients that are hard to acquire.

Looks like UL1908 already answered that for you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 11th January 2010, 7:05 pm

Hello All - Here is a link I found on another forum that list the ingredients for Diva Smooth: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325717
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by UL1908 11th January 2010, 7:19 pm

TMS wrote:Hello All - Here is a link I found on another forum that list the ingredients for Diva Smooth: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325717

According to that forum you linked, those are the ingredients for all of the products they sell, what I listed came straight off of my bottle of diva smooth and I listed them in the exact manner and order as they are listed on the bottle. I still haven't used the product yet so I can't post any results.

UL1908

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down