CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**traveljunkie08**

+34
CocoEuro
bholmes87
sunbaby
KinkyNappyHappy
StephanieB
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
MsJay1121
Kea::curls
CurlyMo
Notthecoolmom
Erica5417
SheeTacular
Pinkrage
Courtney
vmichelle
curly+kinky+fierce
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
dajewel
Corygentri
truet
HumanNature
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
Courtie
AfrikanLatina
Curly Film Chick
NylaCoils
adiaha
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
traveljunkie08
38 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

**traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Empty Re: **traveljunkie08**

Post by MsJay1121 21st January 2010, 12:06 am

Love your twistout! I would have fluffed until my hair was a big, frizzy mess!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 21st January 2010, 12:07 am

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Love your twistout! I would have fluffed until my hair was a big, frizzy mess!

That's what I usually do. No But I left it alone this time.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 21st January 2010, 12:17 am

I've come to the conclusion that I'm obsessed with hair. It's gotten to the point where I dream about hair. I've even had a few nightmares where I thought I was putting conditioner in my hair, but it was a relaxer. affraid So...that's a clear indication to me that I need to ease up on the hair boards and YouTube a little bit. I'll be limiting myself to one hour a day, and some days, I'm going to try to do nothing hair related at all. We'll see how this works out.

On a side note, I tried a braid out where you twist the ends. No I made them too big and didn't braid them into a style, so it was a mess. Perhaps in the future I'll try again, but for now I think I'll stick with wash n gos and chunky twist outs for my style options.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st January 2010, 12:20 am

I don't know how I missed those twist and that twist out!! You did an Awesome job!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 22nd January 2010, 2:08 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:Also, I received my KBB hair milk today. I decided to try scents this time, so I got Chamomile Sage and Egyptian Musk. They're both light scents. Not too overpowering, but the Egyptian Musk is lingering a little too long for me. I'll stick with unscented in the future. The consistency of both hair milks is VERY different than the sample I had. They are very runny and watery and my sample was much thicker. I'm going to email customer service to see what up wit dat (I I love you that SNL skit).

Just an update on the above. I sent the products I received back to KBB. Apparently, I had a bad batch. So my money was refunded and she sent me an Egyptian Musk hair milk compliments of KBB. The consistency is what I expected and the smell is a little better, although still too much for me. All in all, I'm happy with the resolution. This happened to me with another company, and it was also resolved beyond my expectations. The lesson in all of this is that if you're not satisfied, speak up. Any company worth its salt will gladly resolve the situation for you. I love you
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd January 2010, 2:26 pm

Your twists look really good. Are you parting your hair or do you just grab and twist?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 22nd January 2010, 2:41 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Your twists look really good. Are you parting your hair or do you just grab and twist?

Thanks! I part with my fingers, then just grab and twist. I tried once to use a rattail comb to part. No The comb didn't make it very far.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd January 2010, 3:36 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:I've come to the conclusion that I'm obsessed with hair. It's gotten to the point where I dream about hair. I've even had a few nightmares where I thought I was putting conditioner in my hair, but it was a relaxer. affraid So...that's a clear indication to me that I need to ease up on the hair boards and YouTube a little bit. I'll be limiting myself to one hour a day, and some days, I'm going to try to do nothing hair related at all. We'll see how this works out.

On a side note, I tried a braid out where you twist the ends. No I made them too big and didn't braid them into a style, so it was a mess. Perhaps in the future I'll try again, but for now I think I'll stick with wash n gos and chunky twist outs for my style options.

**traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Lol That is funny. Well that explains why I haven't seen you that much on the boards....lol.
I have had a similar problem, keep thinking about my next DC and what I can mix....lol. I just want to mix, mix, mix....lol **traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Icon_lol
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 24th January 2010, 3:39 pm

I finally decided to give myself a trim. My ends were feeling so rough and dry. Qhemet's AOHC would temporarily soften and smooth them, but I figured it'd probably be in my best interest to trim them. While my hair was twisted, I snipped the ends a little. This is how much I took off:

**traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Gedc0910

As you can see, I didn't trim much. But it made a big difference. I think in April I'm going to get my hair shaped again. It was cut into layers after my BC. But because my hair texture is looser in the back and hangs more, I have a bit of a mullet going on and it's not cute. No

I also wanted to show the two different curl patterns I have going on.

**traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Gedc0911

The top is most representative of what my hair looks like, although its not as tightly coiled in the back as noted above. The bottom one is in the front, and it's sometimes difficult to blend with the rest of my hair. It's also frizzier than the rest of my hair, so I guess maybe it needs something different than the rest of my hair. Just not sure what. scratch

Last edited by traveljunkie08 on 24th January 2010, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added texture pic)
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 24th January 2010, 10:58 pm

Okay, this is my second post for the day, and I'm way over my limit on how much time I'm supposed to spend on hair related sites today, but I had to share some news. I did three strand twists!!! dance Finally! I didn't keep exact time, but it took me around 2.5 hours. I had trouble twisting all the way to the ends, so I two strand twisted some of the ends before coiling them around my finger. I'll post pics tomorrow, but here's a sneak peak:

**traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Gedc0912

I have all of these clips in my hair to try to stretch the twists because my hair was still pretty wet when I did it. I hope to keep them in all week and do a three strand twist out this weekend.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th January 2010, 11:31 pm

oooooo I want to try them so bad, was it easy? I can't wait to see the twist out. That was a great idea to use the clips to keep hair stretched!! You go!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 24th January 2010, 11:46 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:oooooo I want to try them so bad, was it easy? I can't wait to see the twist out. That was a great idea to use the clips to keep hair stretched!! You go!!

It was easier than I thought it would be. I practiced the other day on a small section in the front, and it took quite a bit of concentration. But doing it today, I was able to twist while watching TV. You should try it! I definitely recommend practicing to get the hang of it!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th January 2010, 12:35 am

Those strands of hair look similiar to mine expect I would added some "o" stands and some straight ones too.

I've tried 3 strand twist before and it definitely takes some concentration. You have inspired me to give it a try soon.

I cant wait to see the twist out. What products did you use to twist your hair?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 25th January 2010, 4:30 am

CANT WAIT TO SEE THE TWIST OUT **traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th January 2010, 11:02 am

Your hair looks nice and shiny.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 25th January 2010, 9:19 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Those strands of hair look similiar to mine expect I would added some "o" stands and some straight ones too.

I've tried 3 strand twist before and it definitely takes some concentration. You have inspired me to give it a try soon.

I cant wait to see the twist out. What products did you use to twist your hair?

You know, I'm really glad you said you have some straight pieces. For the longest time, I was clipping what I thought were scraggly straight ends left over from my BC. I was clipping every week, perplexed as to why it seemed that I was finding so many random straight pieces. Then I finally realized they were growing out of my head like that. You can really tell when I do a wash n go.

The only thing I used to twist was Qhemet's AOHC. I didn't even use a leave-in this time. I used AO WC to shampoo and deep condition.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 25th January 2010, 9:20 pm

@Intelligentbeauty: Me too. I hope it turns out well.

@BBD: Thanks! I'll attribute that to the Qhemet. Very Happy
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 25th January 2010, 11:33 pm

I like your twists...whats the purpose of a three strand twists vs. a three strand braid or two strand twist. I cant wait to see your twist out Im sure it'll be great. And AOHC is wonderful for softening and moisture...it gives you great shine.

Your front strands seem a lot like my strands all over but my hair is soooo dense I cant see any of those curls once my hair is washed. So a wash and go may never work for me.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th January 2010, 1:53 pm

Great job on the three strand twists!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 26th January 2010, 4:32 pm

I can't wait to see your three strand twist. I have been practicing. One moment I have it then the next I don't. I have to practice a little bit more before I try them on my hair.

It appears it will take some concentration because when I tried doing it free hand...I was braiding **traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Kopfschuettel !
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th January 2010, 8:50 am

Waiting patiently on pics **traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Icon_basketball
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th January 2010, 10:09 am

^^^ me too!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th January 2010, 11:55 am

Did the stretching technique work?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 27th January 2010, 2:57 pm

@adiaha: I saw that Pinkrage gave you some info on the difference between two strand and three strand twists (thanks, Pinkrage!) so hopefully that helped. Smile

@Chrs: Thanks!

@Pinkrage: Definitely keep practicing. I'm still surprised I was able to do it.

@IB and BBD: Sorry. Pics are coming. Very Happy

@Lynn: I think it worked. They didn't shrink as much as they would have if I hadn't clipped them.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 27th January 2010, 3:06 pm

Okay, so I've done much of nothing with these twists the last couple of days. I've been trying to leave them alone. This is what they looked like after I unclipped most of them and they were mostly dry:

**traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Gedc0910

For the last two days, I've pinned them up like this and wore a beanie:
**traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Gedc0911

I'm really curious to know what the twist out will look like, so I undid one in the front.
**traveljunkie08** - Page 10 Gedc0912

This is the wavy part of my hair, so the ones in the back should be tighter and have a little more definition (at least I hope so). We'll see.

I haven't had the need to moisturize my hair since Sunday, and that's probably because I used a healthy amount of AOHC.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next