CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**traveljunkie08**

+34
CocoEuro
bholmes87
sunbaby
KinkyNappyHappy
StephanieB
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
MsJay1121
Kea::curls
CurlyMo
Notthecoolmom
Erica5417
SheeTacular
Pinkrage
Courtney
vmichelle
curly+kinky+fierce
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
dajewel
Corygentri
truet
HumanNature
Juices-n-Berries
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
Courtie
AfrikanLatina
Curly Film Chick
NylaCoils
adiaha
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
traveljunkie08
38 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

**traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Empty Re: **traveljunkie08**

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th January 2010, 4:54 am

Happy NAPPIVERSARY!!!! **traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Icon_biggrin How many stretched inches of hair do you have now?

That sounds like a great plan!!!! **traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th January 2010, 10:55 am

Happy Anniversary!! Your plan sounds good. I cant wait to hear your report at the end of the month.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 11th January 2010, 3:02 pm

Thanks Lynnieluve & Intelligentbeauty!!!

@IB: I'd have to measure it to see how long it is, so I'll try to do that at some point this week. I did blow it out last month around my 2 month anni to see how long it was. I didn't measure or anything, but maybe this photo will help: **traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Gedc0618

It's a little longer now. In the front it comes down to the tip of my nose. The sides come to my chin and the back hits my collarbone. I'm actually thinking about getting the back cut because it's a looser texture so hangs more, giving me a bit of a shag look. No
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th January 2010, 6:12 pm

Congratulations on your hair anniversary **traveljunkie08** - Page 8 879602 !

I have a couple of questions. What is a foil cap? How do you like DB's pumpkin conditioner? What's the consistency of the conditioner? I LOVE DB's product line.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th January 2010, 8:53 pm

On Sunday when I did my hair, I put it in twists so I could wear a twist out today. I've been really inspired by some of the twist styles I've seen on the forum, so I decided I didn't want to take the twists out and decided to pin them up. I grabbed some bobby pins and just started pinning. This is how it turned out:

**traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Gedc0813

**traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Gedc0814

It wasn't perfect, but it was presentable. I received quite a few compliments while I was out and about. Since it turned out so well, I'll probably keep the twists in a few more days.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 12th January 2010, 9:06 pm

cute, now you have me thinking I should pin mine before I twist out...I need them to last until Saturday when I do something fab **traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Icon_rabbit
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 9:07 pm

I think it is really cute!! Looks perfect to me!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th January 2010, 9:16 pm

Notthecoolmom wrote:cute, now you have me thinking I should pin mine before I twist out...I need them to last until Saturday when I do something fab **traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Icon_rabbit

Thanks! It's funny that you say you want to save the twist out for something fab. I had actually planned for the twist out because I had lunch w/ a friend/former co-worker. But I decided the event wasn't "special" enough for a twist out and went w/ the updo. Very Happy So definitely try it if you want to get a few more days out of your twists!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th January 2010, 9:18 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I think it is really cute!! Looks perfect to me!

Thanks!!! Many of the bobby pins I used are visible, so that's why I said it wasn't perfect. But I was pretty happy with how it turned out.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 12th January 2010, 9:21 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:
Notthecoolmom wrote:cute, now you have me thinking I should pin mine before I twist out...I need them to last until Saturday when I do something fab **traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Icon_rabbit

Thanks! It's funny that you say you want to save the twist out for something fab. I had actually planned for the twist out because I had lunch w/ a friend/former co-worker. But I decided the event wasn't "special" enough for a twist out and went w/ the updo. Very Happy So definitely try it if you want to get a few more days out of your twists!

I don't think I'm going to do twistouts for my event, I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I'm brainstorming, I just need my twists or twistout to last for work and I HATE retwisting at night. Usually dry twists don't work for me, but I tried the Cantu this time and it seems to be doing pretty good.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th January 2010, 10:41 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Congratulations on your hair anniversary **traveljunkie08** - Page 8 879602 !

I have a couple of questions. What is a foil cap? How do you like DB's pumpkin conditioner? What's the consistency of the conditioner? I LOVE DB's product line.

Thank you!!! A foil cap (not sure that's the exact name) is a shower cap, but it's made out of a foil material. It helps trap the heat when DCing w/o a hair dryer.

Um, the conditioner is okay. The ingredients are really good, which is why I didn't give it away or toss it to the side. It's really thick and creamy. The smell is pumpkin-y, but it is very faint and doesn't linger. I like it as a leave-in, and it'd probably work well as a DC too. In fact the directions indicate that's how it should be used. Can't say if I'd re-purchase it or not, but I think it's worth trying. HTH.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 12th January 2010, 10:42 pm

Notthecoolmom wrote:
traveljunkie08 wrote:

I don't think I'm going to do twistouts for my event, I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I'm brainstorming, I just need my twists or twistout to last for work and I HATE retwisting at night. Usually dry twists don't work for me, but I tried the Cantu this time and it seems to be doing pretty good.

Well, definitely try an updo at some point. And when you do, of course post pics!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 12th January 2010, 10:51 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:
Notthecoolmom wrote:
traveljunkie08 wrote:

Well, definitely try an updo at some point. And when you do, of course post pics!

I'll see what I can work out tomorrow.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 12th January 2010, 11:30 pm

HAPPY 3 MONTH ANNIVERSARY **traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Icon_razz

YOUR HAIR IS LOOKING REAL GOOD!
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th January 2010, 12:20 am

@TJ08~

You look great! Good luck on your challenge
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th January 2010, 1:04 am

traveljunkie08 wrote:On Sunday when I did my hair, I put it in twists so I could wear a twist out today. I've been really inspired by some of the twist styles I've seen on the forum, so I decided I didn't want to take the twists out and decided to pin them up. I grabbed some bobby pins and just started pinning. This is how it turned out:

It wasn't perfect, but it was presentable. I received quite a few compliments while I was out and about. Since it turned out so well, I'll probably keep the twists in a few more days.

I love it!!!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th January 2010, 1:25 am

I forgot to say happy anniversary!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th January 2010, 3:48 am

I love the blow out hair pic and I adore the twist pin up. It sort of looks like a rosa parks twist roll. It's very pretty. **traveljunkie08** - Page 8 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 13th January 2010, 1:23 pm

@ HumanNature, CurlyMo, Sweet & Intelligent: Thanks!!!! I appreciate the compliments. Very Happy
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 13th January 2010, 2:54 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:On Sunday when I did my hair, I put it in twists so I could wear a twist out today. I've been really inspired by some of the twist styles I've seen on the forum, so I decided I didn't want to take the twists out and decided to pin them up. I grabbed some bobby pins and just started pinning. This is how it turned out:

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 13th January 2010, 6:44 pm

@Vmichelle: Thanks!!!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 13th January 2010, 6:58 pm

Not much going on w/ my hair today. Still in twists. Since I planned to do a twist out, I didn't use anything w/ hold, so I've had to re-twist some of them.

If you haven't already, please donate to help the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. You can text YELE to 501501 to contribute $5 (many of use would spend that or more on hair products) to Wyclef's organization Yele. Click here for others orgs you can donate to: http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/impact/?iref=allsearch

Also, many donations drives are underway, so consider donating some of your beloved hair care products, feminine hygiene products and other toiletries.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 13th January 2010, 7:42 pm

I love the updo. Very inspiring! I have a fancy event next week and if I can work it to where I don't have a lot of scalp showing this would be neat. Your hair is so thick and pretty it looks good on you!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 14th January 2010, 5:03 pm

Corygentri wrote:I love the updo. Very inspiring! I have a fancy event next week and if I can work it to where I don't have a lot of scalp showing this would be neat. Your hair is so thick and pretty it looks good on you!

Thanks! You know, I avoided wearing twists out b/c it looked at little "scalpy" but I was pleasantly surprised this time. They were still a little thin looking in some spots, but not nearly as much as before. I think since my hair has grown a little, that has helped. I also think pinning them up helped.

Just try it. You could always do a twist out if it doesn't work out.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 14th January 2010, 5:05 pm

Not much to report about my hair today. Too busy watching Haiti earthquake coverage. My heart aches for the people of Haiti. I feel like my monetary donations aren't enough...
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next