CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accountability Thread

+12
naturalfabulosity
wisdom goddess
msqueenie
NikG20
TerraD
cutephantasm
nmoultry
ashollan
dajewel
NaturalNurse04
tyza21
*CurlyNikki*
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Accountability Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Accountability Thread

Post by dajewel 28th November 2009, 1:48 pm

wisdom goddess wrote:I am glad I found this thread. I'm loving the very sensible eating I'm seeing too. My problem is being unmotivated to exercise.

i understand what you mean. i have always been active, and even i can get unmotivated from time to time. i think the best way to approach it is that you need it just as much you need water, food and air each and everyday. also, it would help to put in some high pumpin' music in your mp3; that always gets me moving. my fav music to listen to while working out is soca!! if that can't get you moving, then i don't know what!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalfabulosity 2nd December 2009, 12:23 am

This thread is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just discoverd it...go figure after Turkey day Holidays.... when I stuffed myself like Miss Piggy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...Gotta get back to running and with this thread I hope to get off my bum and do it ladies!!! LOVE WHEN WE CAN EMPOWER EACH OTHER!!! Lets Get it!
naturalfabulosity
naturalfabulosity

Back to top Go down

Post by Symmetry 7th December 2009, 9:07 pm

All of this sounds absolutely DELICIOUS! I am taking notes and on my way to Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. I've taken steps and started working out, but I am really trying to incorporate healthy eating habits. Preparing meals is such a great advantage... when you don't prepare it leaves room to make excuses for fast food stops, etc. As far as working out, I spend 40-60 min with Jillian Michaels and sometimes I do her express workout (25 min) on her 30 day shred.
Symmetry
Symmetry

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 27th December 2009, 5:34 pm

Ahhh. I gained SO much weight within 3 months it just doesn't make ANY sense. Trying to lose it all and then some in 2010...

I just got done with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I haven't done it in months but last time I did it for 1 month I got some amazing results. Hoping for the same this time around. I am drained right about now. That 20min workout kills me.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 28th December 2009, 3:12 pm

So yesterday, along with the shred, I did 1 1/2 hours on the stationary bike.

And today so far I have done day 2 of the 20 day shred. I am super sore.
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 28th December 2009, 4:25 pm

I love working out, but Jillian Michaels wears me out so much I have trouble sticking with it. She's extreme LOL Im sure Id get great results if I could stick with her routines
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Symmetry 28th December 2009, 4:27 pm

Yeah, sometimes I take a break from Jillian, but my goal is to get back into @ least 5-6 days a week. It does leave you sore, but my endurance is getting better. I was mixing her dvds up, but I've heard great things about 30 day shred so I may try that for one month and see...I'm noticing minor changes, I feel a lot leaner in my thighs and mid section and this Christmas my cousins were complimenting me on how I looked in my jeans so I was like "THANX JILLIAN"
Symmetry
Symmetry

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 29th December 2009, 2:02 am

Yeah, I love her 30 Day Shred. Only a 20 minute workout but it makes you sore like an hour workout. I use 10lb weights for the shred so I'm always extra sore. When I do her No More Trouble Zones I use 3lb weight (thats like a 40min workout) I also love her Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, no weights needed for that, it definitely works the abs.

30 mins on the stationary bike today as well.
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Accountability Thread - Page 2 Empty Jillian Micheals

Post by caramelnaps25 29th December 2009, 5:12 pm

Hey ladies I am new to this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I can't get through any of the Jillian Micheals workouts [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I used to be super small, but my hormones went into overload and I gained about 20-25 lbs over the last few years. I definitely have to work out, but never HAD to or even thought about it in the past! Now I am forced to do so. I gotta start slow! I definitely need to change my eating habits, etc.
NikG20 wrote:Ahhh. I gained SO much weight within 3 months it just doesn't make ANY sense. Trying to lose it all and then some in 2010...

I just got done with Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I haven't done it in months but last time I did it for 1 month I got some amazing results. Hoping for the same this time around. I am drained right about now. That 20min workout kills me.

caramelnaps25

Back to top Go down

Post by Symmetry 30th December 2009, 2:38 am

I can't get through all of her workouts all the time, but the key is to start slow, if you have to modify some of the routines, and build on it. I just like Jillian's because she talks you through each circuit and let's you know what you "should" be feeling and what area it is targeting. I used to walk and build to a jog... it's too cold here in St. Louis now (or for me at least). The key is to start somewhere, you'll be amazed @ what you can do!
Symmetry
Symmetry

Back to top Go down

Post by newtress10 2nd January 2010, 11:57 am

I am in! I came here for help with my transition but my first post is about exercise. LOL! I lost 20lbs last year and I was doing well maintaining by eating only whole grains. It prevented me from eating chips and cookies. I also exercised 3 days a week. Well then Thanksgiving came and I have gained 6lbs since. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So I am back on starting tomorrow(I have to go to the grocery store). All whole grains, lots of fruit and veggies, and exercise 5 days a week is the plan.
BTW..I lost the 20lbs by doing the 30 day shred and Jillian's metabolism booster workout.

newtress10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2