CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karens Body Beautiful Reviews

+38
MsZaree
Benea Curly's
LilyFlower8604
tressedforsuccess
njdmarykay
CurlConnection
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
Erica5417
naturalhonney
kinksncurls
HennaRo
jcokes
mrsrenaissance
Pinkrage
ChrsLvsBks
so1913
savvybrown
Deva_87
melyvette32
Mimi
NubieNatty
MeekMonique
curly+kinky+fierce
aggiegem
mojitochica
kinksncoils
bella gee
CurlySpeechTherapist
ohnatural
svrbrownsuga
sweetdrk1
NaturalNurse04
dajewel
wild curls raquelle
veggiegirl314
krenea
*CurlyNikki*
42 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Karens Body Beautiful Reviews - Page 3 Empty Re: Karens Body Beautiful Reviews

Post by HennaRo 30th January 2010, 12:09 pm

Hmm my hair must be weird because at first my hair LOVED KBB hair milk. On wet or dry hair it worked beautifully. Then one day I started noticing my hair felt crispy. Mind you I live in FL so moisture(humidity wise) is not a problem. But finally I had to use AOHR everyday for a week as a DT to get my hair remoisturized.

Now that hair butter I adore, in pomegranate guava..lasts for hours. The hair mask did nothing.
HennaRo
HennaRo

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 30th January 2010, 1:06 pm

ok, i got my sample pack last week. love this stuff! i'm not big on scents, so i went w/the lighter ones (i prefer crisp, clean) chamomile sage, white tea & coco lime. all smell great, but the sage is my fav.

i shampooed w/the juicy bar (but used tj's tea tree to cond) then i applied the hair milk as a leave in, then the butter to my edges. love it! i pulled my hair back & braided my ponytail (i work out 3 times a week so my hair stays in a bun most of the time). once it dried it was soft AND moisturized. i've been battling dryness all winter. the butter worked really well on my edges, better than the alcohol free gel i had been using. the hair cream was light, i applied it daily just to add some moisture.

didn't do much w/the oil. i think it will be a good sealant when/if i unbraid the ponytail & wear it out.

kbb will be my staple products once i use up all the other stuff i bought!
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 30th January 2010, 1:55 pm

how do you guys use the hair butter? on wet or dry hair? I thought you were supposed to use hair butters on wet hair to seal in the moisture, but the product says its better on dry hair. Any suggestions
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 30th January 2010, 4:53 pm

jcokes wrote:I love Karen's Hair Milk, Hair Butter, Jojoba Oil and OMG! I love the Luscious Locks Hair MASK!!!!! WOW it is a AMAZING!!! I thought Qhemets was going to be my staple line but......... there's a new sheriff in town and it's Karen's Body Beautiful. I have the Cranberry Cocktail and the Luscious Pear and love them both. I have also used the Juicy shampoo bar but the jury is still out on that one. I've only used it once and it was my first experience with a shampoo bar so I don't know how I'm feeling it just yet but stay tuned...

Ditto on the Luscious Locks!! I did a DC with it this morning. I love everything she does. I need to go to the store in Brooklyn and go crazy!! woot!
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 30th January 2010, 9:15 pm

mrsrenaissance wrote:ok, i got my sample pack last week. love this stuff! i'm not big on scents, so i went w/the lighter ones (i prefer crisp, clean) chamomile sage, white tea & coco lime. all smell great, but the sage is my fav.

i shampooed w/the juicy bar (but used tj's tea tree to cond) then i applied the hair milk as a leave in, then the butter to my edges. love it! i pulled my hair back & braided my ponytail (i work out 3 times a week so my hair stays in a bun most of the time). once it dried it was soft AND moisturized. i've been battling dryness all winter. the butter worked really well on my edges, better than the alcohol free gel i had been using. the hair cream was light, i applied it daily just to add some moisture.

didn't do much w/the oil. i think it will be a good sealant when/if i unbraid the ponytail & wear it out.

kbb will be my staple products once i use up all the other stuff i bought!

I'm glad the products worked for you!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 31st January 2010, 1:22 am

Wish you all would STOP IT!!! I just ordered the hair milk and hair butter combo in coco lime!! I swear this is the last new product line for a loooong while. I just want to compare this to CD hair milk. Although I live in Queens, NY I'm having it shipped so its only $4 additional dollars I'm spending by not going to Brooklyn to get it by train. I pray this works for my 4b hair!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 31st January 2010, 2:32 pm

i'm pretty sure you'll like it! i don't like the cd hair milk at all. and kbb also smells much better Smile

pinkrage, i def see now why you love the hair milk so much!
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 31st January 2010, 4:17 pm

I really need to stay out of this thread! I want to try that hair bitter sooooo bad.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 31st January 2010, 5:05 pm

@Erica~ I don't think you belong here I know you are on the use your stash challenge! Stay strong girl don't come in here stay awaaaaaaaay!! lol
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 31st January 2010, 5:09 pm

Just don't tell Lynnie and Sweet I was in here. They like to tattle and Lynnie likes to give me that look Suspect
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 31st January 2010, 5:37 pm

Oh I would never tell no snitching here ur safe with me! lol
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by mojitochica 1st February 2010, 10:11 am

kinksncurls wrote:how do you guys use the hair butter? on wet or dry hair? I thought you were supposed to use hair butters on wet hair to seal in the moisture, but the product says its better on dry hair. Any suggestions

I use it over the hair milk, which I apply to damp or dry hair.
mojitochica
mojitochica

http://whatsnew.fotki.com/mojitochica/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st February 2010, 3:19 pm

kinksncurls wrote:how do you guys use the hair butter? on wet or dry hair? I thought you were supposed to use hair butters on wet hair to seal in the moisture, but the product says its better on dry hair. Any suggestions
I have used the butter sample I have a few times. I typically wet my hands then put in the butter and rub them together before applying to dry hair. The butter is a bit thick when I try to spread it. The water mixed with it helps to spread it. While I have not used it on wet or damp hair, I think it should work good based on what I have been able to do when using it mixed with water. Let us know how it works for you.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st February 2010, 3:43 pm

Erica5417 wrote:Just don't tell Lynnie and Sweet I was in here. They like to tattle and Lynnie likes to give me that look Suspect

AH HA!!!!! What are you doing in here? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am not going to tattled like you did to TravelJunkie last time.

I am in here to give my review on the KBB body butter. OooooWeee! I love that stuff. I have been a little heavy handed lately but a litte goes a long way. I am getting low so I think I may be ordering some more soon. I got it in the Chamomile Sage. Initially I didnt like the smell but it has grown on me and I think I will reorder it in the same scent.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 1st February 2010, 4:03 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
Erica5417 wrote:Just don't tell Lynnie and Sweet I was in here. They like to tattle and Lynnie likes to give me that look Suspect

AH HA!!!!! What are you doing in here? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am not going to tattled like you did to TravelJunkie last time.

I am in here to give my review on the KBB body butter. OooooWeee! I love that stuff. I have been a little heavy handed lately but a litte goes a long way. I am getting low so I think I may be ordering some more soon. I got it in the Chamomile Sage. Initially I didnt like the smell but it has grown on me and I think I will reorder it in the same scent.

Man...I can't hide from any of you, lol. And stop giving such good reviews of KBB-- you know I'm trying to resist buying it!
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 3rd February 2010, 12:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] @ Lynnieluve and Erica5417!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 3rd February 2010, 12:12 pm

quietly leaving ... I so want try some of this KBB. But I have bought at least $100 worth of products in the past couple of weeks.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 3rd February 2010, 1:42 pm

Just received my Hair Milk and Hair butter in coco lime smells delish can't wait to try!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd February 2010, 1:43 pm

I love the Hair butter!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlConnection 7th February 2010, 1:22 am

After reading this, I'mpn KBB's website now putting my shopping cart together!! I've been looking for a good leave in, especially for the harsh winter months. I hope this is it!!

CurlConnection

Back to top Go down

Post by njdmarykay 7th February 2010, 5:52 pm

I have tried KBB in the past. The Hair Milk was great for the summer and provided light moisture that I needed. The Hair butter and hair creme were great for moisture and protection in the winter and high humid days.(Creme has a softer/more whipped texture than the Butter- but both are good). The shampoo and Conditioners are wonderful too. The SCENTS are wonderful!!! Everyone at work was asking what was smelling so fruity. (Pom/guava; Cranb cock; Coco Mango)
njdmarykay
njdmarykay

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 8th February 2010, 5:14 am

Thinking about getting the Luscious Locks hair mask...how are you guys using it? With heat? Steam? Wet or dry hair?
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th February 2010, 12:14 pm

tressedforsuccess wrote:Thinking about getting the Luscious Locks hair mask...how are you guys using it? With heat? Steam? Wet or dry hair?

I used the Luscious Locks Hair Mask for the first time yesterday. I sat under the dryer with a plastic cap for about 40 minutes. My hair was so soft, it was almost scary. OoooWeee! When I took the plastic cap off, most of the product has absorbed into my hair. I am gonna use it a few more times before I decided if it's a keeper but the first time around [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Loved it!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 8th February 2010, 2:40 pm

i think im gonna have to make a road trip to brooklyn!! no wait...gas going back up, then again, shipping cost just about as much [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] **clearing throat** AFTER the challenge of course!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 8th February 2010, 4:33 pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE KBB. I used the conditioner again this weekend (trying to narrow down my stash to my staple items). OMG... my comb went through my THICK 4a/4b hair with ease. LAWD. She is a keeper. The shampoo feels like conditioner is in your hair...it is SO SOFT!

Going to check to see if she has a large bottle of shampoo/conditioner because when I am out...I will be rebuying.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next