CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karen's Body Beautiful

+5
LtdEdition
makeupvixen
ChrsLvsBks
jlowman1
BeautifullyFree
9 posters

Go down

Karen's Body Beautiful Empty Karen's Body Beautiful

Post by BeautifullyFree 28th July 2010, 1:24 pm

Ok so I get up this morning an do my normal blog & website surfing, checking for new topics & possible deals that may be going on. Let me say KBB is 1 of my FAVE lines as a Long term Transitioner...I LUV her Hair milk (now called Sweet Ambrosia) as well as her Hair Butter (now called Butter Love). I mean I luv the body splashes, the lotions and right on down to the roll on oils. All the scents are amazing. However I noticed right off the back that yes she has new packaging which is cute, BUT the prices for Hair Milk is NOW $16 vs i think it was $14 and the Hair Butter is NOW a whopping $18 vs $16 that it was! The Hair cream (Now called Creamylicious) also went from $16 to $18. I reached out to the online chat and "Rebecca" said Yes the prices did go up and she's NOT sure why. My rant is "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!"

I understand there can be many different reasons for price hikes, but i told her ya know what about the people who BARELY have it as it is yet go out of their way to buy their products because they value what it does for their hair?! Not to mention that shipping is already up there. When you start growing as a company thats shouldn't be automatic que to hike up the prices..or are we paying for the new spa that she now has or the fancy black packaging? I digress [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] it just pissed me off that they just raised the prices out of nowhere and NOW the stuff i would or on a whim will only be ordered when i desperately need it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

p.s Mind you not for nothin, i'm not broke lol but i'm thinking about some folks & young college students who really scrape their money together to buy these products and its like wow wtfrench toast! has anyone noticed besides me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Karen's Body Beautiful Empty Re: Karen's Body Beautiful

Post by jlowman1 28th July 2010, 2:17 pm

Im one of those broke college students that really likes her products but now will only get them when I have a little extra, which is not very often. That sucks but thanks for bringing this to my attention!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th July 2010, 2:45 pm

I saw another blogger mentioning the new names and packaging. I did not think it would result in a higher cost. I surely hope the formulation did not change. Her milk and cream are lovely to my Grace. I like the butter also.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 29th July 2010, 2:31 am

I know I LUV the Hair milk and just got the Hair butter which i also find divine!!! But i was really not happy seeing that unexpected price hike...like we didnt even get a warning or anything
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 29th July 2010, 5:52 pm

Yeah, I'm a single mom with no job and no financial support. I love KBB, the Milk, Nectar, Butter, Cream, Hair Oil and Lucious Locs. I did notice the hike in price and I'm a little down about it. The Lucious Locs and her her Milk and Hair Cream is my CRACK! I'm down to my last bottle on Hair Milk and don't really want to use it. I really can't use it right now because I'm swimming and I don't want to keep washing my KBB out. So I'm using my homemade stuff right now.

I really need my KBB in my hair stock at all times! I check for those discount days but they are hardly around and when they are here I have no funds to buy it. I guess I'm going to have to wait until Black Friday in November to see if she has a big sale. Right now I look for the 10% off days and then go to her specials selection so that I get even more off, but I have to wait for the discount day and have money saved up.

Those extra bucks that she is charging is money I can use to buy my son some food. I think he is far more important than my hair. Plus I am also a college student, since I'm not working mightest well finish my degree.

Sad [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LtdEdition 30th July 2010, 2:10 pm

Not only did the prices go up, the sizes are smaller. Notices that the sizes are now in ml and not oz. The 200 ml is only about 7 oz. Mad

LtdEdition

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 12th August 2010, 2:07 pm

LtdEdition wrote:Not only did the prices go up, the sizes are smaller. Notices that the sizes are now in ml and not oz. The 200 ml is only about 7 oz. Mad

Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly...its honestly ridic!!!! Like why...WHY WHY WHY WHY would u start doing the switch-a-roo on sizes and prices like man...as soon as u got a good thing goin its like BAM change...its like "yeah thanx a lot for considering your customers Karen" I still think her producst are awesome but definitely disagree with smaller bottles and higher prices [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th August 2010, 2:47 pm

Sadly for some odd reason the scent aren't as strong with the Shampoo, Conditioner, Hair Milk, Hair Nectar and Jojoba Oil. I ordered them all in Chamomile Sage and I couldn't smell the scent. The Cream and Butter is still nice and the smell is the same but the others had to be returned. Very disappointed. But I'm learning to move on to other products from Qhemets and Shea Moisture.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyFlower8604 13th August 2010, 1:53 am

I knew this was going to happen. The moment I opened the KBB box that was delivered and saw the new packaging. The second indicator... anytime I ordered the Hair Milk or Cream, KBB always sent me three or four lotion samples which I keep at work, except this time... no samples. I'm really disappointed. I never minded the regular white bottles with the taped labeling. I remember awhile back hearing people who remembered the original Carol's Daughter complain about how the packaging changed and then the prices and finally the ingredients because they were being mass produced. I worry about that happening with KBB and all the other natural products that are being made in small shops everywhere. Oh well, I'm thinking of switching to Oyin products anyway.
LilyFlower8604
LilyFlower8604

http://xclusivelyjune.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 13th August 2010, 2:17 am

LilyFlower8604 wrote:I knew this was going to happen. The moment I opened the KBB box that was delivered and saw the new packaging. The second indicator... anytime I ordered the Hair Milk or Cream, KBB always sent me three or four lotion samples which I keep at work, except this time... no samples. I'm really disappointed. I never minded the regular white bottles with the taped labeling. I remember awhile back hearing people who remembered the original Carol's Daughter complain about how the packaging changed and then the prices and finally the ingredients because they were being mass produced. I worry about that happening with KBB and all the other natural products that are being made in small shops everywhere. Oh well, I'm thinking of switching to Oyin products anyway.

I agree. I like Oyin and Qhemet, they will be my replacements for KBB.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 13th August 2010, 3:44 am

I love the Oyin company. Their baby is SO cute.

As soon as folks get a little bit of money they want to get all big....shame.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 13th August 2010, 1:07 pm

Exactly...i just reached out to the online chat and "Rebecca" said the prices went up an packaging got smaller because of production costs going up....i'm so disappointed like i REALLY like theri products for my hair but if they gon keep changing ish up then its gon be a wrap...I do luv Qhemet but KBB was like my #1 fave...this is str8 crap man..i'm really pissed and yall are right , next the ingredients will be changing!!! Hopefully enough people complain to her where she changes something!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 13th August 2010, 1:27 pm

I never tried KBB but I always heard great things and it was definitely on my 'to try' list... but not anymore. I can understand production costs going up, but lets get real, increasing prices AND decreasing the amount of product they give you? Not to mention the no samples thing. Do one or the other, not BOTH.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 13th August 2010, 3:39 pm

The funny thing about this is, KBB was already expensive before. Lol. It's actually one of the few lines I haven't tried. It isn't JUST the money, because I've spent far more if you combine all the stuff I bought. But something about paying $25 for a deep conditioner didn't sit right with me. I just didn't understand why each individual thing was so high. I still heard people rave about it, so I was going to try it one day if I ever did have a lump sum of cash to blow. But this makes me hesitant. Not only because of the price, but it doesn't seem like good customer service.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 13th August 2010, 7:33 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:The funny thing about this is, KBB was already expensive before. Lol. It's actually one of the few lines I haven't tried. It isn't JUST the money, because I've spent far more if you combine all the stuff I bought. But something about paying $25 for a deep conditioner didn't sit right with me. I just didn't understand why each individual thing was so high. I still heard people rave about it, so I was going to try it one day if I ever did have a lump sum of cash to blow. But this makes me hesitant. Not only because of the price, but it doesn't seem like good customer service.

The deep conditioner mask (Lusicious Locs) and the Hair Cream are the only things I will be buying from KBB, they are the only two for my hair that are really worth it. Plus I only order when they have the 10% off promitions because those few little bucks really do make a difference for me. I have a jar of the mask left so I won't be checking for KBB until Black Friday in November looking for another sale. I'm on the hunt for the replacements and Oyin is running close (I get from Curlmart.com with a promo code)
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 16th August 2010, 12:03 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:The funny thing about this is, KBB was already expensive before. Lol. It's actually one of the few lines I haven't tried. It isn't JUST the money, because I've spent far more if you combine all the stuff I bought. But something about paying $25 for a deep conditioner didn't sit right with me. I just didn't understand why each individual thing was so high. I still heard people rave about it, so I was going to try it one day if I ever did have a lump sum of cash to blow. But this makes me hesitant. Not only because of the price, but it doesn't seem like good customer service.

I tried the luscious hair mask and to be honest it didnt do diddley squat for my hair...maybe cuz i'm transitioning still but i doubt it...it didnt do anything for my newer groth either or atleast it didnt feel like anything spectacular for me....i was mad i paid $25 PLUS expensive a** shipping for that mess...yeah i guess i wont be checking for KBB until November black friday like everybody else..she on some bullsh*t right now with these prices an less product mess, its not acceptable, on twitter we would call that a #FAIL lmao!!!
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down