CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why is it that most women just don't do well with different?

+2
Pretty_Vee
lisa
6 posters

Go down

why is it that most women just don't do well with different? Empty why is it that most women just don't do well with different?

Post by lisa 10th March 2011, 2:29 pm

ok to keep this short and simple as I possibly can:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Two women (black) are out and about, one spots a random (white) woman who happens to have her hair braided with extensions in them. ( idk if theres an official name for this style I just say braid extensions lol), One of the 2 women to her friend: " she looks stupid as hell".....
Now this same scenario can be played out any amount of ways, and any race, age, class etc can be added in.

My question however is why? why do we as women have to shit talk something different? Or tear it down because it is not something we are used to seeing on an everyday basis?

(Now when I say we, I do not mean YOU,so if you are going to take this post personal please go away. ) I am speaking in general, and of course we all know that its just human nature that some people are shit talkers,............ but still have any of you all asked yourselves why?[img][/img]

lisa

Back to top Go down

why is it that most women just don't do well with different? Empty Re: why is it that most women just don't do well with different?

Post by Pretty_Vee 10th March 2011, 2:58 pm

I'm not sure why that is but maybe its because "we" think that certain things are exclusive to "our" culture. But in fact, that's far from the truth.

White women have been wearing clip-in and extensions/weave/wigs for just as long (if not longer) than we have. when it comes to wigs, most definitely because "back in the day" wearing a fancy wig was a status symbol for upper-class whites--men AND women.

I ask myself WHY all the time but I suppose that will remain again one of those unanswered questions. Really it all boils down to jealousy or ignorance or a combination of both.

Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

why is it that most women just don't do well with different? Empty Re: why is it that most women just don't do well with different?

Post by lisa 10th March 2011, 3:05 pm

You may be right girl,

lisa

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 10th March 2011, 6:46 pm

Hm...good point.
Now, if a WHITE woman saw a black woman walking down the street with a nice, fresh new relaxer flowing in the wind.....would SHE say to her friend, "she looks stupid"? I doubt it........
we women can be very catty.

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa 10th March 2011, 10:48 pm

yes if she ever said it, people would be so quick to call her racist or something,

I kinda like it when people "copy" styles that are usually seen on say certain kinds of people. For instance in one of my classes there is this Asian dude with some fresh dreads, man he looks so cute< totally another topic> but its kinda cool, just as it looks really nice to me when I see a black chick rocking the shit out of her 16inch sew-in Brazilian remi

lisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pretty_Vee 11th March 2011, 1:36 pm

chynadoll8799 wrote:Hm...good point.
Now, if a WHITE woman saw a black woman walking down the street with a nice, fresh new relaxer flowing in the wind.....would SHE say to her friend, "she looks stupid"? I doubt it........
we women can be very catty.

exactly!
Pretty_Vee
Pretty_Vee

http://www.pretty-girl-rock.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 12th March 2011, 12:47 pm

All I can say is "guilty".
The white women I see with braids act ghetto and I can't stand it when black people act that way. For me, it would be the hair and attitude. But I don't like judging off the first impression, sometimes that's all you get.
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 12th March 2011, 2:11 pm

interesting Topic and question
I don't know why because i like to compliment and find something nice in people instead of tearing down the negative , but i will say this it's seems people only pay attention to a feature , a hairstyle , a quality in someone when it's not common , the attention can be positive or negative depending on the person's judging personal taste ... examples : White women wearing cornrows ( black girls have been wearing cornrows for centuries but it's all of a sudden a trend in the media when a white woman do it " , Spanish lady or white lady with a large behind ( i have seen some humangous behinds in my day on black women but as soon as a white or spanish chick has that same feature it's all of sudden a trend , big lips on white women black women was born with thicker , juicier lips no fuss were never made about that but as soon as a white woman lips happen to be fuller than average it's a trend , it seems that we are only praised for features , ideals that do not belong in our DNA normally so it's called unique i guess
My mother always told me if you do not have anything nice to say don't say anything at all so if i see a style that do not fit someone i keep my opinion to myself unless they ask for it Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by TiffNotANY 12th March 2011, 2:43 pm

@creolebeauty Very valid points.
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by natalie24 12th March 2011, 5:50 pm

I dont see anything wrong with it. maybe they're embracing culture from a different stand point. Take a sociology class, and stop judging people.

natalie24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down