CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve ::

+51
bholmes87
MsJay1121
A85
BlakButterfli
afroangel#1
MahoganyCurls
jamaicacurl
BattleKat
NubieNatty
Serenity23
StephanieB
TerraD
NaturalChica
FemmeFox
tiashaunteƩ
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
p_nuttie43
Courtney
d.denise
SheeTacular
vmichelle
Pinkrage
cococurly
lena73
AfrikanLatina
Notthecoolmom
DanceOnTheSkylines
Curly Film Chick
CocaColaCutie
Leila
dajewel
LilMsPuddles
HumanNature
Juices-n-Berries
Blackbeauty
NaturalNixon
traveljunkie08
nmoultry
adiaha
lovesunshine17
sweetdrk1
Preezie
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
Kea::curls
Intelligentbeauty
.:Eden:.
ChrsLvsBks
NylaCoils
Lynnieluve
55 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve ::

Post by Lynnieluve 16th February 2010, 11:05 pm

anewme223 wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:Weekend Hair Update:

Happy Valentine's Day!!! I've had an awesome day so far!! The night is still young. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Lol

On to hair, today I am rockin a twist out. It looks great but the product buildup :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Kopfschuettel According to my twist/twist out challenge, I am suppose to wash and retwist today...not gonna happen. I'm not sure when I will get to wash it. My son has his 2 year appt tomorrow morning so maybe tomorrow night. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Icon_scratch

When I do retwist again, I am gonna use my new shea butter mix...I am gonna add some organic aloe vera gel to it for hold. I am only gonna mix up what I need so I wont have to store it in the refrigerator.

I received my free 5oz Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. I cant wait to use it!!! On the jar it says it can be used to detangle (duh) and as a leave in.

Ok, that's all for now. I'm about to enjoy the rest of the evening with my Valentines! My guys!

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Christ10

Happy Valentine's Day! Glad to hear you had a great day. Love the pic of your family.

What do you put in your shea mix? Also do you apply it to the scalp and entire length of your hair?

Also looking forward to your review of the QB product.

My shea butter mix consist of shea butter, castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil, vitamin E oil and a pinch of KBB hair butter. I put the KBB hair butter in there because I only had a little left....not enough to do anything with. So far I think the shea butter mix is great to moisturize and seal with. I only apply it to my hair. I am gonna use it tomorrow on dry hair to do my two strand twist. I am gonna add a little organic aloe vera gel to it. I heard it is good for hold so we'll see.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th February 2010, 11:47 pm

(Week 11 Day 2)

So last night, I retwist my hair into medium size twist with KBB hair milk. The twist out today was really cute. I will post pics tomorrow.

I washed my hair tonight with KBB Conditioning Shampoo and used my beloved Aussie Moist (I LOVE THAT STUFF!!). My plan was to co wash but after rinsing my hair and realizing just how bad the buildup was, I whipped out the shampoo.

I am sitting with Giovanni Smooth As Silk in my hair as I type with a shower cap on. After I get my son in the bed I will rinse it out and put in some chunky twist and hit the sack. I will use Giovanni Direct Leave In and coconut oil to twist. Tomorrow I will do small twist using my shea butter mix and aloe vera gel.

I have some other things I want to share but I have to wait until tomorrow. I have to get my lil man in the bed.

Later Curlies!!!

Oh, thanks again for the compliments on my family!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th February 2010, 7:38 pm

(Week 11 Day 3)

Here are the pics of Roxie from yesterday...I retwisted using KBB hair milk for a more stretched out twist out. It's not as big as I was expecting it to be but I liked it.

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont11

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont12

I starting playing around in my hair before I washed it yesterday and came up with this...

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont13

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont14

I thought it was cute!!

So last night I washed Roxie and put her in chunky twist. Today I turned those chunky twist into small twist using my shea butter mix.

I tried to mix my shea butter with organic aloe vera gel but it wasnt happening. I've learned that the aloe vera gel can not be added to the shea butter when it is solid.

I think I like doing my twist on dry hair better than wet hair. My hair is so soft....almost too soft. I dont know how long these twist will hold up being so soft but we'll see.

Here are the pics...

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont15

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont16

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont17

I like the way they are kinda stick up randomly.

So drum roll please.............................MY MOMMA IS GOING NATURAL!!!!! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 617583 I am so excited. I am gonna help her transition. It's gonna be interesting because our hair is the exact opposite. She has baby soft, fine hair. Hopefully it will thicken up a little bit once it grows out.

That's all for now!!! Later curlies!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 17th February 2010, 8:07 pm

Oh yea!

I don't think my mom would ever go natural. She rocked the hottest fro back in the day, but I don't think she would do it again.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 17th February 2010, 8:09 pm

Those twists and the twistout looks great! That's awesome news about your mom! My sister was natural for about 4 years and then she permed her hair out of boredom and she just told me the other day that she was thinking about transitioning again. I'm hoping she'll come back.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th February 2010, 8:10 pm

HOORAY for Momma going natural!!!! How exciting cheers
As for your hair .... it looks flawless as usual! Your twists are so pretty and they look super touchable. lol I just love your hair Lynn!!!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 17th February 2010, 8:15 pm

Your twists look great. My mother is natural too. I wish she would of told me when she made her decision, because I definitely would of tagged along. She'll be 2 years natural this summer (I'm so jealous! Mad ) But I'm happy for her, her hair is THICK and healthy.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th February 2010, 8:17 pm

I am so excited to hear about mom!! That is Awesome. I love the pics when b4 you washed your hair. Lovely!! You know I have hair envy with those twist, they are as beautiful as always! You Go!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 17th February 2010, 8:26 pm

I like your hair pulled back on the sides. That was too cute!!!

I also like your twists, I can definitely tell that its growing, growing, growing!!!

And :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 678474 at your mom going natural!!!
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 17th February 2010, 8:50 pm

That is great new about your mom!! My mom is natural but she will not embrace those coils. All she has to do it put down the pressing comb.
Tell your mom she has a lot of ladies rooting her on and we want pics!!!! Very Happy
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th February 2010, 1:49 am

Like tia, my mom is natural, but loves her pressing comb! Tell mom we said congrats and we would love to see her on here :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Icon_rr !!!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th February 2010, 1:56 am

[quote="Lynnieluve"](Week 11 Day 3)

Here are the pics of Roxie from yesterday...I retwisted using KBB hair milk for a more stretched out twist out. It's not as big as I was expecting it to be but I liked it.

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont11

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont12

I starting playing around in my hair before I washed it yesterday and came up with this...

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont13

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont14

I thought it was cute!!

So last night I washed Roxie and put her in chunky twist. Today I turned those chunky twist into small twist using my shea butter mix.

I tried to mix my shea butter with organic aloe vera gel but it wasnt happening. I've learned that the aloe vera gel can not be added to the shea butter when it is solid.

I think I like doing my twist on dry hair better than wet hair. My hair is so soft....almost too soft. I dont know how long these twist will hold up being so soft but we'll see.

Here are the pics...

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont15

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont16

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 6_mont17

I like the way they are kinda stick up randomly.

So drum roll please.............................MY MOMMA IS GOING NATURAL!!!!! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 617583 I am so excited. I am gonna help her transition. It's gonna be interesting because our hair is the exact opposite. She has baby soft, fine hair. Hopefully it will thicken up a little bit once it grows out.

GIRL, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THESE PICS. Especially the 3rd and 4th pic. Super cute. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Icon_rr

And Congrats on your mom going natural. That just goes to show you what an inspiration you are. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Icon_sunny FABULOUS!!! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 678474
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 18th February 2010, 11:47 am

Wow LL, those twists are getting long. The 3rd and 4th pics are just too cute.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 18th February 2010, 12:11 pm

Lynnie! Super cute hair! I'm a fan of dry twisting too. If you use the ORS on it you'll probably still get enough hold for them to last. I'm so happy to hear your mom is going natural. I love the family domino effect. I've converted my mom and two of my sisters. Gotta work on my oldest niece.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th February 2010, 12:34 pm

Thanks ladies!

Now I need to start research products for my mom's hair. She is already talking about getting some pink oil moisturizer :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Affraid I told her it was too heavy for her hair but she wont listen. It is gonna be an uphill battle with her because she thinks she knows everything. :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Kopfschuettel I am gonna purchase the products and just tell her, "Here! Use this!"

I am gonna set up an session with her to show her pics of other curlies with her same texture. When her new growth comes in, it is wavy and curly.

I dont know if you guys watch Micaiahty on YouTube but I think that's how her hair will look when she is completely natural.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th February 2010, 12:58 pm

(Week 11 Day 4)

My twist made it through the night...some of them are flat and a few are trying to come unraveled but it's still cute. The shrinkage monster paid me a visit too. I oiled my scalp this morning with my castor oil mix.

Workout update - I woke up really late yesterday so I decided to do the 30 day Shred with Jillian Michaels. OooWee, that workout is DA TRUTH!! When I woke up this morning, I was so sore. It's funny because after I did the workout, I was thinking, "I barely broke a sweat."

This morning I made it to the gym LATE but I was able to burn 300 calories. How is your work out routine coming along?

My son - As most of you know, I am a stay at home mom. Back in September, my sister in law let me borrow a couple of her "Baby Can Read" DVDs. So I have been showing the DVDs to him since Oct 09 and guess what? MY BABY CAN READ! :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Icon_biggrin My son still is not talking and is currently taking speech therapy but if you write down two words, for example "nose" and "mouth" and ask him to show you the word "nose", he points to it.

I was only showing it to him to expose him to language since he is not talking so I was really surprise when I realized he was reading/recognizing the words.

In other news.....Guess who has to go to another funeral? :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Icon_sad A fellow curly from church mother passed after a battle with cancer....sigh....A funeral in Dec, Jan and Feb... :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Kopfschuettel

That's all for now. Later curlies.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th February 2010, 1:19 pm

WOW Lynn you are so the twist master. Your pictures are too cute. I love the last three...I really have twist envy going on right now for real. I can't get my technique down for nothin... :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Lol

Girl, congratulations on your mom going natural. I've been trying to convience my mom, but she's still hangin on to that perm. *sigh* However, I will not give up!!!

Don't worry about your son.....my niece didn't talk until she was 4..she's 5 now and my brother says she will not shut-up. Her favorite phrase is "What the hell is going on!" I wish she would have pick-up something a little more appropriate...but oh well.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th February 2010, 2:19 pm

Hey, so sorry to hear about the funeral..that stinks.

I am super happy about little man, I am thinking he just doesn't have anything to say at this point. That fact that he can read speaks volumes!!

LOL @ your Mom thinking she knows everything. I think that is best, purchase and just give it to her. LOL you need to video tape this journey!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 18th February 2010, 2:32 pm

I feel you on the moms (my mom says I need to put "grease" on my little one's hair because it needs to "shine").

We had a check up with the doctor tuesday and they wanted to know if she was learning new words and asked if we read to her. I told her not only do we read to her, but she reads to us. We may not understand it, but she tells us the story. She checks out books (herself) every week from the library. It's great that your little man is reading, guess what you won't be able to spell out things too much longer. (Every time I do it my husband looks at me like I'm crazy). I keep telling him that she knows the words so if I ask for a c-o-o-k-i-e versus a cookie she won't catch on as fast YET. Keep up the good work mommy.

You're a good friend for supporting your friend at her mother's funeral.
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 18th February 2010, 3:24 pm

Congrats on your Mom going natural!
Extra congrats on your little boy reading! My neice loved to read or pretend to when she was little. She would grab books off the shelf and come sit by me and turn the pages and point and babble. Too cute!
I'm def going to pick up some 'Your Baby Can Read' when it's time for me to have a little one.

And as usual the hair is on point!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th February 2010, 8:37 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW Lynn you are so the twist master. Your pictures are too cute. I love the last three...I really have twist envy going on right now for real. I can't get my technique down for nothin... :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Lol

Girl, congratulations on your mom going natural. I've been trying to convience my mom, but she's still hangin on to that perm. *sigh* However, I will not give up!!!

Don't worry about your son.....my niece didn't talk until she was 4..she's 5 now and my brother says she will not shut-up. Her favorite phrase is "What the hell is going on!" I wish she would have pick-up something a little more appropriate...but oh well.

Thanks! Continue to practice and you will get better.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey, so sorry to hear about the funeral..that stinks.

I am super happy about little man, I am thinking he just doesn't have anything to say at this point. That fact that he can read speaks volumes!!

LOL @ your Mom thinking she knows everything. I think that is best, purchase and just give it to her. LOL you need to video tape this journey!

You just pray for me and her. LOL!!

Notthecoolmom wrote:I feel you on the moms (my mom says I need to put "grease" on my little one's hair because it needs to "shine").

We had a check up with the doctor tuesday and they wanted to know if she was learning new words and asked if we read to her. I told her not only do we read to her, but she reads to us. We may not understand it, but she tells us the story. She checks out books (herself) every week from the library. It's great that your little man is reading, guess what you won't be able to spell out things too much longer. (Every time I do it my husband looks at me like I'm crazy). I keep telling him that she knows the words so if I ask for a c-o-o-k-i-e versus a cookie she won't catch on as fast YET. Keep up the good work mommy.

You're a good friend for supporting your friend at her mother's funeral.

My momma uses grease on her baby, fine hair...SMH.

FemmeFox wrote:Congrats on your Mom going natural!
Extra congrats on your little boy reading! My neice loved to read or pretend to when she was little. She would grab books off the shelf and come sit by me and turn the pages and point and babble. Too cute!
I'm def going to pick up some 'Your Baby Can Read' when it's time for me to have a little one.

And as usual the hair is on point!

Thanks. Yes I am excited she is going natural.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 19th February 2010, 12:21 am

hey lynnie!!! I'm going to go thru your thread tomorrow...i'm excited to get to know ur hair!!!!! it helps me thru my days of NOT wanting to continue on this journey...
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th February 2010, 2:29 pm

Happy Friday!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th February 2010, 3:16 pm

mrsmackey wrote:hey lynnie!!! I'm going to go thru your thread tomorrow...i'm excited to get to know ur hair!!!!! it helps me thru my days of NOT wanting to continue on this journey...

:: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Icon_eek You are the second person to do this. Now I really feel like I need to go back and read through it too. Wow.....38 pages.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 19th February 2010, 3:24 pm

hahahahaha..it's really just me SOAKING up information and being jealous that you ladies are already where I want to be...I think this journey will teach me patience, which I've never had so it's ok...I've went thru tia's, intelligentbeauty and now you! you ladies have become 3 of my favs :: Lynnieluve :: - Page 38 Icon_smile
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next