CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Applying Product to My TWA

3 posters

Go down

Applying Product to My TWA Empty Applying Product to My TWA

Post by Tamtnt 3rd February 2011, 2:07 pm

Hi Ladies

I transitioned for 4 months and did my Big Chop the beginning of December so I'm still a beginner. My hair is about 2-2.5 inches long. After a co-wash my hair is really coily a mix of pen size curls up top and coffee stirrer curls on the sides. I can't allow my hair to dry without product or it will poof and frizz into a fro as it dries. I've tried leaving conditioner in my hair while in the shower, that didn't work. I can't seem to apply a sufficient amount of moisturizer without messing up my curl pattern. If I try to apply product and salvage my curls I end up with either A. Frizzy yet moisturized hair or B. Spotty partially moisturized in spots and uneven half shrunken fro. lol!

I'm currently co washing daily and this may be drying my hair out even more. I can't achieve 2nd day hair unless I fully saturate my hair with water. Trying to spray and fluff just causes frizz.

So I'm looking for product suggestions and application suggestions.

I currently co wash with Aussie Moist or Hello Hydration. My current moisturizers are Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk and Be Luscious Moisturizer. I also recently tried KK Knot Today and KKCC. They don't seem to be very moisturizing either. I want soft healthy hair not hard jelled hair.

Looking of a Big Sis to help me out.

Thanks in advance
Tamara
Tamtnt
Tamtnt

Back to top Go down

Applying Product to My TWA Empty Re: Applying Product to My TWA

Post by pyt2280 4th February 2011, 1:24 pm

Hey Tamara, I have semi-big chopped i have about an inch of relaxer left at the front and top of my head....I have to fully saturate my hair every morning to keep my curls defined. I have the best success with Knot today adn KKCC however, in order to get rid of the crunchy feeling I've found success in doing this...apply knot today very liberally, then apply KKCC liberally, then another liberal coating of knot today....this gives me great definition and my curls are soft and touchable....hope this helps....btw, I am in Cincy too...just relocated here from cleveland for a job, trying to learn the ins and outs of the city so if you are available some time i'd love to meet up Smile
pyt2280
pyt2280

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamtnt 4th February 2011, 4:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestion!!

I recently tried the KCNT and KCCC and I had inconsistent results each time. Sometimes my hair is super gooey in spots and bone dry in other spots. I guess I haven't quite mastered the technique yet.

Does your hair feel moisturized using just those two products? I felt like my hair was still dry to the touch, like I needed an oil of some kind. The Ohio winter is rough on my hair. But I will try your layering technique, Ill keep you posted if it works.

I would like to meet up. I'm more of a homebody and I stay out in the suburbs so I probably wouldn't be much help showing you around. Now I can't get you to the malls if thats where you wanna go. lol!

Thanks again for your help.
Tamtnt
Tamtnt

Back to top Go down

Post by pyt2280 4th February 2011, 5:16 pm

I'm a homebody as well, I live in Mason so Im pretty far north of the city but i work over on Dana ave down from xavier...so thats as far into the city as i go LOL anyway...Yes, my hair feels pretty moisturized, i have tried applying oil over the products but it messes up my curl pattern...i always make sure to deep condition with products that have shea butter and other natural oils....also you may have to play around with Kinky curly products as far as the amounts....if i apply too much of the KCC it causes a white film...so I apply liberally in some spots and very sparingly in others like my sides

You might like beautiful curls products, you can find them in whole foods....I use that as well, the leave in conditioner and their curling cream....you can feel the hydration in your hair when it dries but the curls are not as defined as with KC products....i like to alternate between the two
pyt2280
pyt2280

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamtnt 6th February 2011, 9:22 pm

I'm in West Chester so I'm actually not that far from you. I don't work that far from the Whole Foods in Hyde Park. I may try the Beautiful Curls products. I'm turning into a product junkie.
Tamtnt
Tamtnt

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyWholistic 10th February 2011, 3:57 pm

I also did a BC in December and I am having the exact same issue. I see and feel my curls with my deep conditioner. I can not use a creamy leave in. The product just sits on top of my hair. I have been using JC spray leave in. My curls disappear when my hair dries.

SimplyWholistic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down