CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Product 411

+4
MissFierce21
traveljunkie08
ChrsLvsBks
MizCarter
8 posters

Go down

Product 411 Empty Product 411

Post by MizCarter 12th November 2009, 1:02 pm

OK, I am going try and make this quick. My last perm was August 15, 2009. I said I’m going to transition until sometime in March 2010. Suddenly that changed ever so quickly. I did my BC Nov, 7th 2009. I had braids, took them out, cleared my hair. Everything was fine. Went to wash it and it turned into a BIG knot. Went to the hair dresser the next day and she said some parts of my hair snapped off b/c my natural hair is very coarse, causing the relaxed hair to become more and more weak. So the broken here just knotted while I was washing it. From 10:30pm to 1:30 am Friday night I was trying to clear my hair of tangles. It wasn’t working. It would have broken off eventually…

Ok here is my dilemma… my hair is very coarse and I am trying my hardest not to textuizer it, however, NOTHING seems to absorb into my hair. Keep in minds it’s only been 6 days and I know there has to be a lot of trial and error but before I buy the whole beauty shop I would like to know if anyone else is having/ had this issue.

I would like for my curls to be defined, rather then an afro. Mind you my hair is very short and so I might need for it to grow out some before I talk about defining curls. I use the s-curl gel and the eco gel because they are heavy and I feel like they should help hold curl.

Please HELP!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" border="0" />
MizCarter
MizCarter

Back to top Go down

Product 411 Empty Hi and Welcome!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th November 2009, 1:49 pm

First, let me say, I love your country. I visited in 1999, and still remember the beauty of the pink sand beaches. I went to Hamilton and St. George, I think, on Royal Caribbean.

Second, your cut is becoming. Moisture, moisture and moisture is key for healthy naturally curly hair. You may also want to try a protein treatment. You can use mayonnaise and/or egg for a protein treatment. Just ensure you follow up with a deep moisturizing treatment. Your hair may be damaged and protein helps. The key is to find the right balance between moisture and protein. Many do protein treatments once a month.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Product 411 Empty Re: Product 411

Post by traveljunkie08 12th November 2009, 2:07 pm

You look fabulous in both your avatar and with your new cut!!!

I BC'd four weeks ago and my hair was also SUPER dry. I mean, SUPER DUPER dry. It seems like that's somewhat normal. After about a week and a half of frustration, I realized that I had to deal with the dryness first, then I could start figuring out how to define my curls. My hair finally feels moisturized, and my curls instantly defined themselves...not much product needed.

Try a hot oil treatment with extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil (or both), co-washing every other day, weekly deep treatment. Maybe do a light protein treatment followed by a moisturizing deep treatment. That seemed to help me.

I know you're frustrated, but hang in there. This natural hair journey has been a great test of my patience.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 12th November 2009, 3:37 pm

I was sort of brought back to memories when reading this. When I first cut my hair, it looked sort of like this. Everyone was looking forward for it to curl, soften up, or what ever their expections were. I'm kind of sad because of the fact that you think of your texture as not so good, but I know that it is bc of how your stylist arranged her words.

Well...truth be told, my curls still aren't really defined, but that's okay. I love my hair, and it holds so many styles.

With that being said, you will not fully enjoy your journey or know what truly works for you until you except the texture of your hair. Good luck.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 12th November 2009, 3:52 pm

I had the same problem with extremely dry hair weeks after my BC. Here's what finally worked for me: Daily cowashing with a moisturizing conditioner, then applying a leave-in conditioner (I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In). You can seal afterwards with coconut oil or shea butter to seal in the moisture. It just takes time for your hair to get over the shock of being exposed to the elements and to have been cut, I think. Be patient, drink LOTS of water, and moisturize as often as needed, even if it's several times per day! You look amazing, by the way!
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by labon10 13th November 2009, 12:17 pm

MizCarter, I love your cut. But as trveljunkie08 stated, do a pre-poo/co-wash oil treatment. Then follow the wash with a deep conditioner. I co-wash twice a week and use a rosewater, castor oil and rosemary oil mix every morning and mid-day if needed. Castor oil will help the curls pop, but be carefully not to put too much in.

My hair did the same thing during my transitioning. Kinky twist was my style and I would wash my hair in-between re-dos. It was hours of trying to detangle before I decided to just cut the clumps out.

labon10

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 12:41 pm

i love your cut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i co-sign with what everyone has said on this thread.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by AfroButtafly 17th November 2009, 3:14 am

Please be patient and don't jump into something like texturizing already... I know ppl that have done that and deeply regret it. Apply the tips these ladies have shared and see if they help... Give it time.

You also don't have to buy alot of products..your basic essentials are:
1 moisturizer
an oil to seal in the moisture with
a good conditioner or 1 heavy for deep conditioning and 1 light one for cowashing
a satin or silk bonnet or pillow case or scarf to sleep in EVERY night
a solid routine [regimen] that you stick to

That's it. The hard part is finding what products work for YOU.
I personally read reviews and go with products that have high positive ratings because there's a better chance I may like it..instead of just trying random things.
[some ppl like Cantu shea butter leave-in] I am loving the results of my shea butter mix :
[unrefined shea butter+jojoba oil+EVOO+Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner] I've only tried a very limited amount of things so far..so I can't recommend much.
Youtube is a huge resource for naturals, take advantage of it. Type words related to what you're looking for in the search bar.
[natural hair, big chop, ect..]

You look beautiful with your new cut. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

AfroButtafly
AfroButtafly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down