CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEAT DAMAGE

+7
dajewel
EastAfricanCurly
KandyLandKurls
fanmnatirel
CrissyQ
summerbreeze76
missmoriah
11 posters

Go down

HEAT DAMAGE Empty HEAT DAMAGE

Post by missmoriah 27th January 2011, 4:11 pm

Hey ladies. So last week i straightened my hair before i went to visit my BF in WA. I just got back last night and washed and DC'd my hair. TODAY I AM A VICTIM OF HEAT DAMAGE.....wamp wamp wamp. You can see it in the front a little bit but the headband is mostly covering it. It is in the front and on the sides Sad just thought i would share my sadness and ask u guys if there is anything i can do...SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY NEEDED

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

p.s can u guys tell i lost some weight
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

HEAT DAMAGE Empty Re: HEAT DAMAGE

Post by summerbreeze76 27th January 2011, 5:16 pm

Deep Condition Deep Condition Deep Condition. Ive also read that protein treatments work. To me however your hair looks pretty good. I cant really see the damage.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 27th January 2011, 5:41 pm

Hey honey. Your hair looks great, i cant tell the damage at all. i plan to straighten on my anniversary in march. I am going to start my research soon.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 27th January 2011, 6:11 pm

u guys cant see ITS SO STRINGY IN THE FRONT Sad
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 27th January 2011, 7:08 pm

I say do some deep treatments and let it grow out...
I can't really see in the pictures that you posted...

Goof luck girlie Smile
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 28th January 2011, 2:11 pm

Okay I am doing a DC with egg honey and olive oil. Once i rinse this out, if its still bad, I will post better pictures.
missmoriah
missmoriah

Back to top Go down

Post by KandyLandKurls 28th January 2011, 2:35 pm

I dont know how true it is, but I heard that once the hair is damaged there is nothing you can do to repair it, the damaged hair should be cut off. Just make sure the new growth is properly cared for.
KandyLandKurls
KandyLandKurls

Back to top Go down

Post by EastAfricanCurly 1st February 2011, 4:18 pm

Let me just say that your hair is just BEAUTIFUL!

I have heat damage from blowdrying and straightening my hair for 2 weddings last June and damage from colouring my hair quite frequently but it's coming around because of the DC that I do each week. I heat some conditioner in the microwave for around 15 seconds, then I put in a big spoon of honey and two spoons of EVOO and mix until it's the same consistency as a normal hair conditioner. Leave it in for at least 2 hours.

I've noticed a HUGE difference in the texture of my hair.

EastAfricanCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st February 2011, 6:51 pm

also, try the aphoghee treatment in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsSylgv5ds4&feature=related
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 1st February 2011, 6:57 pm

My friend straightens her hair all the time and it takes her like a week of deep condish then the curls bounce right back. I don't call it heat damage unless you went over it like 5 times at 450 degree heat and you saw smoke.

give it a couple more washes and the curls should come back. You just scared them away for a couple days. next time be more gentle and use less heat. Wash, condition. Put a little leave in and heat protector and put hair in like 6 plits/braids so hair stretches. let air dry for 30 minutes. Take out plaits then use blow drier on cool setting getting it as dry and straight as you can, then dry remainder on regular heat. Use about 375 on straighter and do 2 passes only

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 2nd February 2011, 9:02 am

You can also try a hair re-constructor, my fav is Ion (Sally's). I use it about 1x a month and get SUPER curly hair. My aunt experienced heat damage. During her poo routine, I applied the reconstructor and it definitely encouraged her once 4a stringy pieces to loop, although the strands didn't return to their full curly glory.

Maybe worth a try.

Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 2nd February 2011, 2:27 pm

Peachtree wrote:You can also try a hair re-constructor, my fav is Ion (Sally's). I use it about 1x a month and get SUPER curly hair. My aunt experienced heat damage. During her poo routine, I applied the reconstructor and it definitely encouraged her once 4a stringy pieces to loop, although the strands didn't return to their full curly glory.

Maybe worth a try.

Yes! I love the Ion Reconstructor. The price is very reasonable and I use it on my hair once a month during the summer when I'm in areas where I can experience mild damage from the sun. My hair bounces right back to where it was!
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 3rd February 2011, 11:36 pm

EastAfricanCurly wrote:Let me just say that your hair is just BEAUTIFUL!

I have heat damage from blowdrying and straightening my hair for 2 weddings last June and damage from colouring my hair quite frequently but it's coming around because of the DC that I do each week. I heat some conditioner in the microwave for around 15 seconds, then I put in a big spoon of honey and two spoons of EVOO and mix until it's the same consistency as a normal hair conditioner. Leave it in for at least 2 hours.

I've noticed a HUGE difference in the texture of my hair.

Do you wet your hair when you deep condition or not?
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down