CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What gives your hair a great curl definition?

+9
yldthng
CurlyGirly9
ajsimmons8
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
slimwithabs
KamsMa82
Jo Somebody
TLog77
psbest
13 posters

Go down

What gives your hair a great curl definition? Empty What gives your hair a great curl definition?

Post by psbest 27th January 2011, 1:29 am

What gives your hair a great curl definition? Just in need and would enjoy reading what works for your hair? Please state product and hair type!
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

What gives your hair a great curl definition? Empty Re: What gives your hair a great curl definition?

Post by TLog77 27th January 2011, 2:03 am

I'm mostly 4a with some 3c in the back. I get my best definition when I wet or wash my hair and leave in regular conditioner like HE Hello Hydration and add some gel like Eco Styler or Kinky Curly. I finger coil my hair and let it air dry.
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

What gives your hair a great curl definition? Empty Re: What gives your hair a great curl definition?

Post by Jo Somebody 2nd March 2011, 5:46 pm

4C - nothing so far! Very Happy (haven't been trying though)
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by KamsMa82 2nd March 2011, 6:14 pm

Eco Styler Gel with Argan Oil
Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding

I also tried the Smooth and Shiney Curl Activating Gel (I think its called). They all work well for my hair. Eco Styler and Miss Jessie's gives the best definition. The third gel is softer with less crunch.

KamsMa82

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 2nd March 2011, 6:40 pm

Out of all of my products I think the Eco Styling Gel and Ms. Jessie Curly Cream R the best.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 2nd March 2011, 7:43 pm

When I want fluffy hair with more s-wave definition than spiral curl i just wet, put in some KCKT or suave naturals condish and seal with an oil and shake.

If I want medium spiral curl definition and medium hold I wet, put in KCKT, seal with an oil and the use HE Set Me Up gel to scrunch my hair upside down then flip it up and scrunch in some more, shake and go

If I want max spiral definition and hold I wet, put in KCKT, seal with an oil and then shingle my hair with KKCC and shake

Im type 3c/3b coarse hair

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 2nd March 2011, 9:14 pm

I am thinking about trying the Kinky Curly Products soon. I hope something works out for me.
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 2nd March 2011, 10:05 pm

The Kinky-Curly line: shampoo, condish and of course the custard work very well for me in defining my curls and my twist out. Love the whole line I love you
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 2nd March 2011, 10:08 pm

Thank you so much!!
psbest
psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 2nd March 2011, 10:26 pm

I'm don't know my hair type but what gives me great curl definition is lavish curls moisturizer, a tiny bit of hollywood beauty carrot creme, and eco-styler gel (krystal or olive)

[You must be
registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 2nd March 2011, 11:40 pm

I get the best definition from the Kinky Curly too - I have the shampoo, leave in, and custard.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 3rd March 2011, 12:04 pm

4C-Haven't found anything yet that will last.... Sad
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 3rd March 2011, 12:59 pm

I used my Curls Curl Creme Brule today - LOVE the curls it gives too! There's a pic on my I'm So Proud of Me thread under General.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 3rd March 2011, 2:44 pm

I just recently tried Miss Jessies Quick Curls...kinda pricey but I can definitely say my girls 'popped' more than most other products. i have to crunch in a little EVCO to soften it up a bit. A little goes a long way...

I did a braid out with EcoStyler Gel with Olive oil and Sealed with Jane Carter NS...i got GREAT shine and my hair was really soft...ill try it on a WNG next...

HTH..
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by sydnisd183 3rd March 2011, 3:15 pm

on damp hair i apply the kimmaytube leave in, a lil flaxseed gel and castor oil to seal (or a castor/shea mix)
sydnisd183
sydnisd183

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyGyrl 5th March 2011, 10:37 pm

i use KCKT leave in and get good definition from Kids Organics Olive Oil moisturizing gel. It's $2.99 at the BSS. I tried Shea Moisture Curl enhancing Smoothie but i ended up looking like the little wowda melm boy
JerseyGyrl
JerseyGyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down