CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question About Shea Moisture

+9
sjoyreed
Pinkrage
curlista
Naturalin2010
santinadivine84
swt_sunny
rashae1991
freckledmom4
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
13 posters

Go down

Question About Shea Moisture  Empty Question About Shea Moisture

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 13th July 2010, 4:30 pm

So yesterday I bought some items from the Shea Moisture line @ Tarjay (the coconut/hibiscus shampoo, coconut/hibiscus moisture mist, coconut /hibiscus curl enhancing smoothie and the shea butter masque). I haven't tried the shampoo yet but I did use everything else for my wash n go. I used the masque as a leave in after co-washing w/ my HEHH and then I just raked the smoothie through my hair with my fingers while twisting any looser curls, sprayed on the moisture mist and sealed w/ EVCO. Well I have to say that this stuff smells DELICIOUS!! and I am loving how soft my hair feels but there is definantly not as much hold to my curls as there is w/ my ecostyler. I plan on continuing to use this product b/c I do really like it but I was wondering...are there different/better ways to use the smoothie? How do some of you ladies use these products? Do u like them? Im really trying to find staple products. Thanx curlies!
Here were my results from that wash n go:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Question About Shea Moisture  Empty Re: Question About Shea Moisture

Post by freckledmom4 13th July 2010, 6:36 pm

Hi Craving Curlz,
I bought the smoothie about a week ago and have not used it yet. If you look on Target's website and look under reviews for the product, many people tell you what they have used it for and their results.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Question About Shea Moisture  Empty shea moisture curl smoothie is great!!

Post by rashae1991 14th July 2010, 1:08 am

i see you had good results with the shea moisture!!! i have too. thats the only product that seems to do well in my hair. i use it all the time to do my hair. i usually wet my hair with water and melted coconut oil in a spray bottle and then i apply the smoothie(i have a 3-4 inch twa) it only takes a little, and then i let my hair air dry, my curls really show with this product and my hair is super soft [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
rashae1991
rashae1991

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 14th July 2010, 12:33 pm

@ CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Wow your hair & the headbands look super cute! I am still in the transition process (almost 7 months going now) but I recently tried the SM hair milk...smelled really good, but same as you, I felt it didn't give me as much curl definition. Right now my hair is literally crying for more moisture, so I'm happy that it moisturized my hair well. Has anyone tried the masque as a dc? I tried over the weekend and literally it was if I didn't put anything on my hair - no results whatsoever. I'm wondering if putting it on dry hair and then rinsing w/ work better.

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 14th July 2010, 2:55 pm

Hey sunny Very Happy I haven't user the masque as a DC yet but I'm gonna try it on Friday. So is the hair milk a moisturizer? I need 1 Cuz I been using my shea butter whip as a moisturizer and I think that's wrong. Think I'm supposed 2b using it as a sealant...

Back to top Go down

Post by swt_sunny 14th July 2010, 4:45 pm

I have been using the hair milk as a moisturizer - but was equally as confused - who knows what its supposed to be used for lol. In another thread some ppl were saying they used it for twists or to refresh their hair in the morning. I orginally wanted to try the smoothie but they didn't have any the Target I went to Sad

swt_sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by santinadivine84 14th July 2010, 9:02 pm

I love the smoothie on my hair but the milk dries my hair after a couple of uses.

santinadivine84

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 15th July 2010, 12:24 pm

@Craving Curlz, I am so loving your hair. It really looks really good. What other products have you been using for moisture and getting your curl definition since your BC. Did you have any problems with dryness? My avitar was the day of my BC, since then my hair has a lot more moisture but not defined curls yet. I'll have to post an update soon.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 15th July 2010, 2:06 pm

Hi naruralin Very Happy we bc'd on the same day! Well the only other products I use for moisture are hehh and water and I seal w/my shea mix and coconut oil. Another product I use for definition is eco styler w/olive oil. I need a daily moisturizer tho b/c I have experienced some dryness that is usually only apparent by the end of the dy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 4th August 2010, 11:19 pm

I know this is late but have you tried putting the ecostyler on top of the sheamoisture? Not a lot but just enough to give some hold and you can keep the moisture and shine you get from the sheamoisture.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 5th August 2010, 3:03 pm

Hey,

I'm not sure if you have seen the other discussions on SM. Here are a few links:

SM 1

SM 2

I have the masque, smoothie and hold & shine mist. I DC with the masque. I use the smoothie for WNG's. I just used the mist for the first time this weekend. I sprayed some on my twists before I put them on rods. My curls stayed in all day...LOVE it. I also sprayed it on my braids (cornrows for updo) to moisturize them every other day. When my hairdresser took my braids down yesterday she was like...what did you put on your hair...it is SO SOFT!
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 13th August 2010, 1:51 pm

sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 13th August 2010, 2:44 pm

omg, ur hair looks delicious!
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

http://members.fotki.com/da1trulve/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 13th August 2010, 3:00 pm

OP Your hair is GORGEOUS! I might need to try a headband like that b/c I have no idea what to do with the front of my hair.

I love SheaMoisture but I hate that there is NO DIRECTIONS on the daggone bottles! What's up with that??

I find that if I use the Hair Milk on 2nd day hair using wet hands, I get really good definition and hold.

I love the masque as a DC!
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 13th August 2010, 4:11 pm

Kimmie0810 wrote:OP Your hair is GORGEOUS! I might need to try a headband like that b/c I have no idea what to do with the front of my hair.

I love SheaMoisture but I hate that there is NO DIRECTIONS on the daggone bottles! What's up with that??

I find that if I use the Hair Milk on 2nd day hair using wet hands, I get really good definition and hold.

I love the masque as a DC!

I feel the same way!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalObsession 6th September 2010, 3:36 am

I have the SM smoothie, the raw shea poo and condt, and the moisture mist and they are good products, but the trick is learnign to use them.. I have been using them for a couple of months and after experimenting here is what I found...
You only need a dab of the smoothie and in small sections, with wet hair..it also does well with Cantu leave in.. I mix 1 or 2 tbsp of the smoothie together with the kimmaytube leave in and its great.

I mix the moisture mix w veg glycerin.. awesome for shine and softness...

I poo my hair with the SM and just before rinsing I buffer it with the restorative conditioner!!!!

I will keep using the SM!!! Hope ths helps anyone.. or at least inspire you to experiment!!lol
NaturalObsession
NaturalObsession

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th September 2010, 10:53 am

I love the Deep Treatment Masque. It's become a staple for me pretty much. Makes my hair super soft. I've had good and consistent results. The fact that I can get it locally helps too.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down