CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curl definer/moisturizer

+2
CostaKink
ohnatural
6 posters

Go down

Curl definer/moisturizer Empty Curl definer/moisturizer

Post by ohnatural 26th November 2009, 11:30 pm

Hello Ladies
I am looking for something to help define my curls and keep them moist at the same time. I have tried a few things but they seem to harden my hair. I have tried MJ, Curly Pudding and KCC, but they both hardened my hair when they dried. Any other suggestions out there? Thank you and Gobble Gobble woot!

ohnatural

Back to top Go down

Curl definer/moisturizer Empty Re: Curl definer/moisturizer

Post by CostaKink 26th November 2009, 11:43 pm

HAVE YOU TRIED JUST USING CONDITIONER IN YOUR WET HAIR AND LETTING IT DRY? I THINK ITS CALLED CONDITIONER ONLY METHOD
CostaKink
CostaKink

http://www.loudmouth269@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 27th November 2009, 6:29 pm

I agree with Costa...i use Deva Care One conditioner &/or Cantu Shea Butter leave in and my curls really pop with those products.. (of course on wet hair)
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 28th November 2009, 11:37 am

likewise here...overmaniputlating my hair when it was drying trying to "define" curls just made it a mess! I have 4a/b/3c hair and i wanted to figure out how to make it look like it does dry the same way it does when wet.

I found that the best way to do this is is as follows:
1. Wash my hair, put in conditioner (I use Herbal Essence Hello Hydration or Totally Twisted, btw I like Totally Twisted better)

2. detangle it in sections (with fingers) and put it in very large twists (5-6 over the entire head) while I continue detangling my hair.

3. After the whole head is done, I gently take out the twists and shake my head a few times and (not so patiently) wait for it to COMPLETELY air dy.

If I want more volume and body, I use a blow dryer to the roots after it has completely dried on a low setting. If I want the 'wet look' with my curls (which I dont really like) I spritz on 3-4 spritzes of spray gel on my head while it is soaking wet (after I took down the twists)

It sounds like a lot, but it really takes like 5 minutes + drying time
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 28th November 2009, 11:38 am

oh adding the gel will most likely make your hair hard as well (which is why i dont like to use it)

I add a little bit of shea butter to my hair while wet as well, and once it dries in problem areas to combat frizzies
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 28th November 2009, 2:49 pm

i like that method cutep! i may try tom on wash day...ive been considering trying aloe vera gel...anyone tried that?
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Curl definer/moisturizer Empty curl definition

Post by vmoore96 28th November 2009, 3:19 pm

i apply a leave-in conditioner like elucence then i use KCCC. it never made my hair hard & it was always soft to touch. my hair had to be sloppy wet before application & it took a day to dry but it was worth it.

vmoore96

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 28th November 2009, 3:31 pm

@curly aloe vera gel is the only that I use if I ever use gel...never tried using a gel like that for a WNG though...I prefer the gels that spray like a mist

@vmoore for some reason I cant work the diffuser right lol so my hair takes FOREVER to dry too
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th November 2009, 8:38 pm

One way to help define your curls is to deep condition with a moisturizing conditioners. Use heat to penetrate strands. Rinse with cold water. This will help clump strands of hair together. Once hair is clumped, try the conditioner only method.

Let us know how it works out for you regardless of method(s) used.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down