CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orange "cheetos" nails after henna

3 posters

Go down

Orange "cheetos" nails after henna Empty Orange "cheetos" nails after henna

Post by ajsimmons8 18th January 2011, 5:44 pm

What am I doing wrong? I just did my 2nd henna yesterday and after rinsing the henna out until the water ran clear and washing it with shampoo twice, plus rinsing it after I conditioned and deep conditioned, I'm still getting orange color fingernails when I style my hair or run my fingers through my hair. I even washed my hair again today and still getting the cheetos colored nail. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong. confused
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Orange "cheetos" nails after henna Empty Re: Orange "cheetos" nails after henna

Post by envizionj 18th January 2011, 8:40 pm

AJSimmons, I have never had the problem of orange hands/palms and I've been hennaing going on 1 year. Please give us step-by-step instructions of what you put in you your mix as well as your shampoos/conditioners so we can figure out how to help. sunny

I went to the http://hennaforhair.com forum. I don't use apple cider vinegar ("acv") and never have because I'm afraid of the acid. According to the henna page forum, acv has helped some people with bleeding henna http://www.forums.hennapage.com/node/872/3229#comment-3229 flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 18th January 2011, 9:05 pm

Hi Envizion, On the henna yesterday I mixed the henna with room temperature distilled water and added about 2 tablespoons of amla. I didn't add anything else since the amla has the necessary acid for dye release. I let the henna sit until I achieved a good dye release. For my shampoo, this time I used AO Rose something or another and my conditioned this time I used HEHH. The only thing I different this time versus my first henna about 3 weeks ago are the shampoos and conditioner.

I'm also a little hesitant to do an ACV because of the acid, but I may try it next time if it will help to eliminate the "cheetos" hands and nails. The good thing is that the orange eventually stops after awhile with more poos, but since I'm going to incorporate henna glosses to my regimen, I don't want to walk around with permanently orange nails and hands. lol!

Thank you for any suggestions because I definitely love the henna treatments and the overall benefits.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 18th January 2011, 9:11 pm

AJ, what brand of henna did you use? Did you let the dye release for 12 hours or did you put it on and leave it in your hair for 12 hours? Did it take to your grays? sunny

You are welcome. flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 18th January 2011, 9:19 pm

For my second henna, which I did yesterday I used a "Morrocan" henna which has a quick dye release and not as intense red tones; it had dye release in about 3 hours according to the very bright orange spot on my palm when I tested it.

My first henna, I used Jamilla 2009 with a little Indigo and 2 tablespoons of AMLA and some green tea and I let that sit for about 13 hours (overnight) for the dye release.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 18th January 2011, 9:27 pm

When I do my henna, after rinsing until the water is clear. I load my hair with cheap conditioner instead of shampoo. I gently squeesh the conditioner in my and leave it for a few minutes. Use a white conditioner so you can see if there is still henna in your hair. I do that at least two or three times and then I use shampoo. Because henna powder does not disolve, some residue is bound to be left even after the water runs clear with the first rinse. The co-wash will catch those particles and help wash them away.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 18th January 2011, 9:31 pm

Hi there Madeaj, what I didn't do was use a the conditioner about three times. Do you also have to poo and condition so many times when you do a henna gloss?
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 18th January 2011, 9:51 pm

No when I do a henna gloss, the henna is already mixed with more conditioner than henna. Or at least mine is, I tried the 1 to 1 henna/conditioner and it was harder to rinse out than the regular henna (for me). My henna gloss is about 4 parts conditioner to 1 part henna. Very easy to rinse out. I do one really long rinse, 1 cheap conditioner and 1 watered down shampoo, then a deep condition. I only do this once or twice a month. I would love to do it more often but the time investment is crazy. Very Happy
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 19th January 2011, 1:26 pm

When I rinse out my henna, I also use conditioner and then use shampoo, usually Suave Professionals for dry hair or VO5. I have also conditioned and shampooed before I used indigo in the past. flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 19th January 2011, 1:53 pm

thank you ladies, I'll do the rinse 1st until water runs clear, shampoo x2, try an ACV rinse and then conditioner x2 or 3. I really appreciate everyone's help. flower
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down