CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2011 TWA GROWTH CHALLENGE !! month 1 thru 12

+17
aynoslagirl
sciencegirl007
Naturalee4Me
KinkyHeadSwag
NaturalDyme
Phenomenise
natchralme
UNCPhDiva
mzbeautifulnnatural22
sailorwifey
Mo
gotcurls?
vonnluv
NaturalGreenEyedDiva
SimplyWholistic
KnottyKinkyMommy
netta
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

2011 TWA GROWTH CHALLENGE !! month 1 thru 12 - Page 3 Empty I'm in!

Post by sciencegirl007 27th February 2011, 9:31 pm

Hi Everyone!

I just bc'ed 4 weeks ago! It was an interesting experience because I wanted to bc but at the same time I was soooooo scared. So what did I do? I instructed my beautician to cut it down but leave some of the permed ends on so I could still have some length (at the time I was only like 7 weeks from my last relaxer). Boy did I look a hot mess. Because my hair was two textures, and cut in no particular style, it was not responding to natural hair products at all. It only took me a week to gather the courage to chop chop chop. And now, I can actually feel my curls sprouting from my head!

I've been trying to assess my hair type and I am fairly certain I'm a 4a with some 4b in my kitchen (lol). We'll see! I am so looking forward to my curls lengthening!
sciencegirl007
sciencegirl007

http://www.nicieconleymurphy.com

Back to top Go down

2011 TWA GROWTH CHALLENGE !! month 1 thru 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 TWA GROWTH CHALLENGE !! month 1 thru 12

Post by netta 28th February 2011, 11:33 am

Congrats and Welcome Sciencegirl007 !!!!! cheers
netta
netta

http://publicfotki.com/netta315/

Back to top Go down

2011 TWA GROWTH CHALLENGE !! month 1 thru 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2011 TWA GROWTH CHALLENGE !! month 1 thru 12

Post by aynoslagirl 5th March 2011, 4:55 pm

Hi ladies!

I BC'd Dec. 31, 2010 (I wore locs for 8 years - see fotki below)

I'm a 4a in most places with a little 4b on the hook of my head (as I call it)

Products/Regimen:

1. Water - daily
2. Jamila Henna (new henna head - henna-ing once a week for the first month)
3. HE Hello Hydration - cowash once a week
4. Carefree Curl Gold - daily leave-in moisturizer (this stuff is the holy grail)
5. Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel - several times a week to define and "freeze" curls
6. Hot Six Oil - sealant every other day
7. Shea Moisture Masque - DT after henna or once a month
8. Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding or Curly Meringue - every now and then when I'm
in the mood and have more time (weekends) - I use it like I use Eco Styler Gel

OMG! I think I'm using more products now than I have used in the last 15 years. But I only use two products daily or every other day. Oh, and another thing, I don't comb my hair. I only finger style and finger detangle. I will probably keep this up for a while (that whole low manipulation theory).

http://public.fotki.com/aynoslagirl/
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

http://www.sonyamccoywilson.com

Back to top Go down

Post by netta 7th March 2011, 3:25 pm

Great Ayn, does anyone know what I can use to define my curls ? , my texture is very tight curls 4b, but hard to define.
netta
netta

Back to top Go down

Post by aynoslagirl 7th March 2011, 9:31 pm

@netta - have you tried Carefree Curl Gold and/or Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel?
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy 9th March 2011, 12:19 pm

Hey girls!

This challenge is right up my alley Very Happy . I BC'd on 12/29/2010 after 2 months of transitioning. I'm still tweaking and looking for a solid regimen. For now, though, this is what I do:

1. Co-wash daily or every other day - Suave Naturals shea butter n' almond.
2. Leave-ins: KCKT mixed with jojaba, castor and avocado oil, Garnier sleek n' shine.
3. Moisturizers: Hollywood Olive creme, water/condish/oil mixture. I moisturize almost everynight before I go to bed.
4. Sealers: Coconut oil or Oil mixture of whatever I have on hand or shea butter(not much). I seal with oil after I moisturize.
5. For curl definition: Eco syler krystal or olive oil and KCCC.
6. I DC once a week : Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose, Giovanni smooth as silk condish, HEHH. I add oils to all of my DC's.
7. I Henna(Jamila) every other week.

A typical morning for me: I get up at 5:15 co-wash with Suave, apply kimmytube leave-in, re-wet hair some more, apply a bit of oil and about a quarter size amount of eco-styler all over. Work products through my hair with my fingers and hair is 70% dry by the time I'm out the door at 7:15.

Heare are a few pics of my journey so far:

BC 12/29/2010
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2/28/2011

1/9/2011

3/8/2011

naturalqtpy
naturalqtpy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsDivine 10th March 2011, 2:23 pm

Just saw this challenge this afternoon reading through different topics, and I would love to join. I BC'd on Jan 16, 2011. I transitioned for 10 months, and my one year anniversary without perm was on March 5, 2011.

My Hair has grown about 2 inches since the big chop, it is amazing. I had really long hair almost bra strap when I cut it. But since I transitioned for almost a year, it wasn't so bad. Now my hair is hanging over my ears. I am probably 3b, 3c, and 4a meduim hair texture. Normal porocity, and normal elasticity. I love the curl pattern of my hair so far.

What I use:
Shampoo & Conditioner- Biotera Ultra Moisturizing
Leave-In: Kinky Curly Knot Today/ Jane Carter Leave-In
Deep Conditioner: Aubreys HoneySuckle Rose ( 1x a week)
Moisturizers: Spray Mix ( Aloe Vera Juice, Veg. Gylcerine, Water); SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Hair Milk
Oils: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
I henna once every month or two
Aphogee: Kertain 2 Min

Note: I'm not messing with my products all these work for me fabulous and give me great moisture results. My hair doesn't do proteins good, but loves light coconut products.

I'll also add pics once I figure out how from Jan to now!

My Fotki: CurlsDivine
CurlsDivine
CurlsDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by netta 15th March 2011, 2:18 pm

Welcome Naturalqtpyour pics are awesome and you hair is growing fast !
Welcome Curls Divine- your hair is beautiful! My hair looked like that when I was [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]younger (a kid) I have never let it grow back except when I had locs, but i miss my hair, here is a very old pic of my natural hair.

Ayn---Girl, i am going to try some care free gold, I have used world of curls and eco olive oil jel, but I have to use half the container to define my curls ! lol btw Eco styler has a new jel out that I am going to buy Eco Styler Argan Oil !!!
netta
netta

Back to top Go down

Post by aynoslagirl 15th March 2011, 2:23 pm

@netta - I saw that new Eco Styler, but have a whole huge jar of the Olive Oil. About the Care Free Curl Gold - you only need a quarter to a golf ball size on short hair. Let me know what you think once you try it.
aynoslagirl
aynoslagirl

Back to top Go down

2011 TWA GROWTH CHALLENGE !! month 1 thru 12 - Page 3 Empty I AM IN!!!!! BC'D ON MARCH 8, 2011

Post by KurlyKay 15th March 2011, 9:53 pm

Hi Ladies!!!

I know that I am coming in late, but I would like to get in on this!!!

I BC'd on March 8, 2011. After a crazy experience with invisible braids, I stood in the mirror and began to cut off my relaxed ends. I didn't know what I was doing, and I still don't...but I'm going to make it work. I have had all different kinds of hair, but I am ready to start getting to know and caring for my own ;-)

What I do:
Co-wash daily with Herbal Essence, Olive Oil or Tres
Leave-In daily with KKNT
Style with ECO or KKKC

I have type 4C hair, I think. My TWA is curly all over but the sides. Those suckas won't curl for nothing, so I just try to blend them in with the rest.

I'm excited to read all of your stories, it encourages me not to give up ;-)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" alt="" />
KurlyKay
KurlyKay

http://Not Yet...but soon to come!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by naturaltouch 19th March 2011, 8:30 pm

well im too embarrassed to show my beginning pic right now
i shaved my hair in october 2010, and i dont even have 2 inches yet
Sad

Netta, i have a bald spot like you used to have. ive had mine since 2007
maybe yours came back fast because you treated it as soon as you saw it???

netta, please help me out

naturaltouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalee4Me 22nd March 2011, 12:37 am

I haven't posted a check-in... It's been one month since I BC'd (2/15) and I have changed up my regiment a bit. I am definitely a product junkie and trying to find what wil work for me.

Here's my weekly regiment (lately):
Wash: once a week w/KKComes Clean (interested in something new)
Co-wash: daily w/sheamoisture or HH hello hydration
Moisturize: sheamoisture curl enhancer & KK knot today
Seal: jojoba oil/evoo
Deep con dish: 1/2 x's a week sheamoisture or HH hello hydration

*I've been using the wild grow twice a week

I think I need a little more tweaking, but it's a decent start... My length is about 1-1.5 inches as of late last week... Smile
Naturalee4Me
Naturalee4Me

Back to top Go down

2011 TWA GROWTH CHALLENGE !! month 1 thru 12 - Page 3 Empty Almost 4 weeks!!!!

Post by KurlyKay 29th March 2011, 10:31 pm

Hi Ladies!

April 2nd would make it 4 weeks since I BC'd!!! That time flew by. It wasn't as hard of a change I had originally thought it would be. Some days are better than others, but that was the routine with the relaxers and weaves also. But this natural journey feels much better because I am taking care of my own ;-)

Here are some pics...I am seeing a little growth and more of my
curl/kink/coil pattern.

Anyone know my hair type? I don't ;-0

[img][/img][img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
KurlyKay
KurlyKay

http://Not Yet...but soon to come!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3