CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edges (or lack of)

+3
Miss_Reeses_P
misskris
Cecewms84
7 posters

Go down

Edges (or lack of) Empty Edges (or lack of)

Post by Cecewms84 4th January 2011, 8:41 pm

HELP! Sad
ok i need some help. i went to my aunt's shop to get my ends trimmed today. 1st time since i BC'd (i know i'm late to the game) but my left side still will not grow. this has been a problem i've had even in my relaxed days. I have 2.5 inches everywhere else but the left (i have barely 1.5 there) what can i do to fix it?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cecewms84
Cecewms84

Back to top Go down

Edges (or lack of) Empty Re: Edges (or lack of)

Post by misskris 4th January 2011, 9:50 pm

Hey Cece....I started up a new castor oil challenge just about a month ago. My hair has grown already and so have some of the other ladies' hair!!! Maybe you can try castor oil. Some are using regular natural castor oil like myself while others are using the Jamaican Black Castor oil which is supposed to be natural as well, just pressed differntly or something.
Rosemary, horsetail, nettle, peppermint and may other herbal oils are said to help with hair growth as well. Hope this helps! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecewms84 5th January 2011, 3:55 pm

Thank you for your response. Can i mix any of those oils together?
Also, how are you applying the castor oil - in one of those salon applicator bottles?
Cecewms84
Cecewms84

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 5th January 2011, 3:59 pm

No problem. Yeah, I went to Walmart and bought an empty squirt bottle that you'd use to put ketchup or mustard in or oil. It's only like 98 cents there. I have 2 of em, one for the csator oil and one for evoo. I apply my castor on the scalp. It's a little less messy if you squirt it on your finger tips first and then massage onto your scalp.

I am sure you can mix the oils but I don't know how they would end up smelling. Rosemary itself is quite strong (to me anyway) and so it peppermint but I haven't smelled the other 2. You can experiment! You can always just take one and put a few drops into your castor oil or jojoba or whatever oil u are using. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecewms84 5th January 2011, 4:11 pm

Thank you! you are the best...i'll try that
Cecewms84
Cecewms84

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 5th January 2011, 4:15 pm

LOL....You're welcome. I'm surprised others have not commented yet but I'm sure someone else will share their thoughts too.. Very Happy Good luck!!

afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss_Reeses_P 7th January 2011, 5:52 pm

I have the same issue as Cecewms84. Except its with the back of my hair. I've been natural for about 2 years now....and I still have a TWA (mainly because i keep cutting it, because the back never catches up with the rest). I'll be honest... don't always do as I should.
Also, My hair has been really dry....I'm living in Ohio right now so its cold here....just moved back from DC. Lately i've been using an water, EVOO, and warm spirit oil mixture. I spray it on and sometimes add Taliah Waajid sprits serum to it. It's not working, and my scalp is ridiculously dry!
I want to try something else, but I dont know what...any ideas?

Miss_Reeses_P

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th January 2011, 6:07 pm

Hi, Miss_Reeses_P. What do you apply to your scalp? I have been using castor oil for a month now and my scalp is not nearly as dry as it was. I also have a few drops of tea tree oil in it which helps for dandruff. You can apply any natural oil to your scalp (no mineral oil, it clogs the pores and inhibits growth). You may need a heavier leave-in like Cantu Shea Leave-In or Yes to cucumbers (I just started using the YesTo and like it so far). I also hear that Giovanni's Leave in is great too. And make sure that when you apply your moisturizer/leave in, you seal it with an oil or shea butter. Hope that helps.

afro
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 7th January 2011, 6:35 pm

castor oil definitely works! i used it for my edges/balding spot and it's a lot better now. i also used it on my eyebrows (they barely ever grew) and now i actually have some stray hairs to tweeze Laughing
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 7th January 2011, 7:06 pm

Karyn wrote:castor oil definitely works! i used it for my edges/balding spot and it's a lot better now. i also used it on my eyebrows (they barely ever grew) and now i actually have some stray hairs to tweeze Laughing

LMAO!!!!! That is too funny!!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 9th January 2011, 3:39 pm

Karyn wrote:castor oil definitely works! i used it for my edges/balding spot and it's a lot better now. i also used it on my eyebrows (they barely ever grew) and now i actually have some stray hairs to tweeze Laughing

Ingenius!!! I never even thought about trying castor oil on my eyebrows. My eyebrows get real sketchy on the ends (thanks to my daddy's genes). People always tell me to just fill it in with pencil but I HATE penciling in my eyebrows. I'm going to try your castor oil trick.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by DMB 12th January 2011, 1:20 pm

cecewms84 You should try emu oil. It grows hair on edges that have been bald for a while!

DMB

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 12th January 2011, 1:29 pm

hey CeCe, I second the Castor oil as well as the Emu and and all the other that MissKris mentioned. I am a firm believer in the oils as i have had extreme ( No hair ) edges an i mainly use Castor, Peppermint and most recently JoJoba and i am quite happy the the results.

As well as a little patience and care the hair will grow.

HTH
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down