CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need long hair henna help!-4ab, WL

5 posters

Go down

Need long hair henna help!-4ab, WL Empty Need long hair henna help!-4ab, WL

Post by MsLala 24th December 2010, 12:21 pm

Hi Ladies,

AFter much research I did my first ( and maybe last) henna treatment yesterday.
The application went fine and then I let it sit. I used Reshma henna
mixed w/water. The color took to my hair very well and I can tell my hair
is stronger. BUT, I had a big mass of tangles after rinsing out. I did a DC w/
Silk Elements moisturizing Treatment and I used Tresseme Natural condish to rinse.
I ended up having to rinse before and after my DC to get all the henna out. Usually I wash my
hair in braids or sections to prevent this but it was very hard rinsing out the henna
the way I usually wash my hair. Plus I had to rinse soooooo much and
I think all that manipulation contributed to the tangles. It took me 6 hours to get
all of the tangles out my hair, I have never had tangled hair like that.
Not to mention my tub was an absolute disaster area when I was done. There was residue everywhere.

Any suggestions on how to eliminate tangling like these when hennaing and how to
clean up or make less mess? Did I perhaps use too much henna?
I like the results but I don't think I can go through this again.
MsLala
MsLala

Back to top Go down

Need long hair henna help!-4ab, WL Empty Re: Need long hair henna help!-4ab, WL

Post by Madeaj 24th December 2010, 1:36 pm

Hey MsLala

My hair is nowhere near waistlength. YET! Very Happy . Your hair is beautiful.
But tangles and all that rinsing was a concern for me too. I have mobility problems so I can't do the swamp maiden routine. lol!
I have had good results with the Gelled henna method. Easy to rinse and no grit left behind. I used the instructions for Fia's smooth gelled henna. I emailed her and she has waist or butt length hair. On the website it says untried but she says in her reply email to me that the smooth gelled henna is the only one she uses.

Gelled Henna
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 24th December 2010, 1:42 pm

Henna is messy and requires a LOT of rinsing. I have SL hair, but I can think of a few things that may help you out:

1. Detangle your hair before you start the henna process (do a co-wash).
2. After putting henna through a section, lightly twist each section to keep it from getting tangled. Do as many sections that work for you.
3. when rinsing, rinse out one section at a time, and when done, retwist the section. (this would be the part where you'd be dunking your head in the tub)
4. I would then co-wash the hair as you normally do until the water runs clear (in the shower).

I think that would severely limit the amount of tangles you get.

As for the mess part, I don't do the tub-dunking thing, but I have a utility sink in my house that I use to rinse the henna out. I like rinsing out in the sink for henna because all I get are a few splatters of henna water, and it's easy enough to rinse/wipe that away.

HTH!
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by MsLala 24th December 2010, 3:06 pm

Madeaj wrote:Hey MsLala

But tangles and all that rinsing was a concern for me too. I have mobility problems so I can't do the swamp maiden routine. lol!
I have had good results with the Gelled henna method. Easy to rinse and no grit left behind. I used the instructions for Fia's smooth gelled henna. I emailed her and she has waist or butt length hair. On the website it says untried but she says in her reply email to me that the smooth gelled henna is the only one she uses.

Gelled Henna

That gel mix sounds interesting. Did you get the same conditioning w/the gel as normal.

Curlock Holmes wrote:Henna is messy and requires a LOT of rinsing. I have SL hair, but I can think of a few things that may help you out:

1. Detangle your hair before you start the henna process (do a co-wash).
2. After putting henna through a section, lightly twist each section to keep it from getting tangled. Do as many sections that work for you.
3. when rinsing, rinse out one section at a time, and when done, retwist the section. (this would be the part where you'd be dunking your head in the tub)
4. I would then co-wash the hair as you normally do until the water runs clear (in the shower).

I think that would severely limit the amount of tangles you get.

As for the mess part, I don't do the tub-dunking thing, but I have a utility sink in my house that I use to rinse the henna out. I like rinsing out in the sink for henna because all I get are a few splatters of henna water, and it's easy enough to rinse/wipe that away.

HTH!

I'm in an apt so I only have the tub to use I wish I had a basement or something w/ a sink. I'm going to try your method. A few people told me I should have soaked my head and I didn't do that.
MsLala
MsLala

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 24th December 2010, 3:22 pm

[quote="MsLala"]
Madeaj wrote:Hey MsLala

Gelled Henna

That gel mix sounds interesting. Did you get the same conditioning w/the gel as normal.

Yes, I saw the difference immediately. I only left it on for a couple of hours because I had to go out unexpectedly. But the results were still good. I had the henna mix left over from the henna teabag. I put it in the freezer I am going to use it for quick henna glosses.

I like the results of the gelled henna then the henna gloss with henna powder I did recently. I feel like I was rinsing forever. I had to rinse again the next day because I felt I still had henna powder in my hair. The gelled method rinsed out with a couple of dunkings in the sink and then a light wash and long rinse in the shower.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 27th December 2010, 12:15 am

Hi, I am not waist lenght but about and inch below bra strap and when I did henna on dry hair, I had a tangled mess. Then I did my henna on wet hair and I have not had any problems with tangled or knots. I pre-sectioned my hair into about 8 sections that were already detangled. I clipped eact section up so that when I took it down. I would only need to split that section in half. I applied the henna to my wet hair and slept in it. I rinsed with until the water ran clear then piled on the condish.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 27th December 2010, 12:40 am

Yeah, when I hennad, I didn't have any of those problems. I dunked in the tub but let the water kinda loosen up the henna by soaking it first before using my hands. And I had no tangling problems, no more than normal. And when I finally rinsed in the shower with conditioner I combed it thru UNDER the water. That has helped me detangle TREMENDOUSLY!!!!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down