CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long do you guys leave henna in your hair?

+5
Curlock Holmes
BigLipTiff
envizionj
BajanPrincess82
blueberry2118
9 posters

Go down

How long do you guys leave henna in your hair? Empty How long do you guys leave henna in your hair?

Post by blueberry2118 23rd October 2010, 12:21 am

I wanted to know how long do you guys leave henna in your hair? This is my first time doing the treatment and I don't want to experience protein overload.

blueberry2118

Back to top Go down

How long do you guys leave henna in your hair? Empty Re: How long do you guys leave henna in your hair?

Post by BajanPrincess82 23rd October 2010, 12:46 am

I'm actually henna'ing right now. I leave mine in overnight, so usually about 8 to 10 hrs.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

How long do you guys leave henna in your hair? Empty Re: How long do you guys leave henna in your hair?

Post by envizionj 23rd October 2010, 12:33 pm

I leave my henna treatment in my hair for 5-6 hours. flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 23rd October 2010, 9:47 pm

It's never my goal to leave my henna treatment in overnight, but the two times I've done it I end up falling asleep and having to wash it out the next morning! 6-8 hours.
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 23rd October 2010, 10:51 pm

3-4 hours. Longer than that and I get hay-hair that is tough to get feeling normal again. Start with shorter times and work your way up.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Msgdfx1 24th October 2010, 2:14 am

Overnight as well. When I first started to use henna, I would use for four (4) hours. But, now I find it easiest to apply at night, go to sleep and rinse in the morning. I then apply a deep conditioning treatment and leave on my hair for either 12 - 24 hours. (I henna on the weekend) Following the treatment, my hair is like sillk.

Msgdfx1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSianP 24th October 2010, 6:27 pm

Oooh! I'm glad I looked on here! Didn't realise that henna can leave you with hay hair! I left my first treatment on overnight and then did an 8hr DC which left my hair feeling alright, but then the second time I only had time to DC for abot 10mins (max) and my hair has been really dry.

I keep hearing about the wonders it works on other tresses, i guess I'll have to try leaving it on for a shorter time next time!
MissSianP
MissSianP

Back to top Go down

Post by NappturalQueen 28th October 2010, 2:12 pm

@ MissSianP, I think you have to leave the DC in longer next time so that your hair does not feel as dry. From what I have read doing a good DC afterwards is one of the main parts of the Henna Process.

I can't wait to Henna again next month, I plan on doing a Henna treatment at tleast once per month.

NappturalQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by abba 28th October 2010, 3:23 pm

i did a henna treatment last night and left it overnight, and I'm deep conditioning while i'm sitting here at work...I told my co-workers and they think it's funny, but with my lil beret on you can't even notice the shower cap underneath...ctm Cool
abba
abba

Back to top Go down

Post by NappturalQueen 28th October 2010, 5:11 pm

That is an excellent idea. I could do that while at my son's Karate class on Saturday's.

NappturalQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down