CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long would I have to leave henna in my hair before any loosening effect can happen?

4 posters

Go down

How long would I have to leave henna in my hair before any loosening effect can happen? Empty How long would I have to leave henna in my hair before any loosening effect can happen?

Post by Tria 12th September 2010, 4:16 pm

I want to henna my hair so bad, but I want to try a henna gloss first so that I can get more conditioning benefits from the henna (I still haven't henned since my last post about henna lol http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/henna-f1/question-about-jamila-henna-t4866.htm )

However I am so scared that when I do a henna gloss that my hair would experience the loosening effect and I am really nervous about that. So I was wondering, how long would I have to leave the henna gloss in my hair before any loosening effect can occur and still get the benefits of the treatment?

Thank you ladies for the advice!
Tria
Tria

https://www.youtube.com/user/NaturallyMe21

Back to top Go down

How long would I have to leave henna in my hair before any loosening effect can happen? Empty Re: How long would I have to leave henna in my hair before any loosening effect can happen?

Post by honeysweetlifee 14th September 2010, 4:40 pm

What is henna gloss?

honeysweetlifee

Back to top Go down

How long would I have to leave henna in my hair before any loosening effect can happen? Empty Re: How long would I have to leave henna in my hair before any loosening effect can happen?

Post by BajanPrincess82 14th September 2010, 5:31 pm

Henna does not loosen everyone's curl pattern. I've henna'd 5 or 6 times (and I keep mine in overnight) and so far I haven't experienced that.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Tria 15th September 2010, 1:27 am

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Henna does not loosen everyone's curl pattern. I've henna'd 5 or 6 times (and I keep mine in overnight) and so far I haven't experienced that.

I know but I am still a little nervous about it.
Tria
Tria

Back to top Go down

Post by Tria 15th September 2010, 1:29 am

honeysweetlifee wrote:What is henna gloss?

A henna gloss is similar to a regular henna treatment but you are adding conditioner to the henna
Tria
Tria

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrown213 15th September 2010, 12:25 pm

Tria, I was just like you!

I did SO much research on henna (for a few months) bought the henna and let it sit in the cabinet b/c I was so nervous. Finally, this weekend I decided to give it a try (I did the henna gloss instead of the full henna)
I left it on for 2 and half hours. My hair was super soft afterwards. I did not notice any curl loosening and my hair was noticeably stronger.
I plan on doing it again very soon and leaving it on for longer this time.
I say just try it and leave it on for a short amount of time and see your results. Or you can also do a test run first, with some hair from your brush (which is what I did) and see how that turns out before putting it in your hair.
prettybrown213
prettybrown213

Back to top Go down

Post by Tria 15th September 2010, 2:10 pm

prettybrown213 wrote:Tria, I was just like you!

I did SO much research on henna (for a few months) bought the henna and let it sit in the cabinet b/c I was so nervous. Finally, this weekend I decided to give it a try (I did the henna gloss instead of the full henna)
I left it on for 2 and half hours. My hair was super soft afterwards. I did not notice any curl loosening and my hair was noticeably stronger.
I plan on doing it again very soon and leaving it on for longer this time.
I say just try it and leave it on for a short amount of time and see your results. Or you can also do a test run first, with some hair from your brush (which is what I did) and see how that turns out before putting it in your hair.

Thank you so much prettybrown213 for responding!

Now I think I am definitely going to try it!

I think I am going to leave it in for one or two hours. Did you let your henna sit for a few hours or did you just immediately put the mixture in your hair after you mixed it?

What did you mix with? Did you use just plain water or did you use green tea or coconut milk like many others have done?

Sorry for all the questions. As I start really thinking that I am going to do this, I get nervous and ask a lot of questions lol.

Thank you for the advice.

Tria
Tria

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrown213 15th September 2010, 3:11 pm

Don't apologize. I was the same way, I had nothing but questions.

I followed Curly Nikki's henna gloss recipe. I used Jamila Henna and Aussie Moist conditioner and green tea. I let it sit for about 12 hours and then put it in my hair the next day.

After I washed it out, I deep conditioned with a mixture of Olive Oil Replenishing Pak and some Neutrogena Recovery Mask. I have had my hand in my hair ever since. LOL
prettybrown213
prettybrown213

Back to top Go down

Post by Tria 15th September 2010, 6:56 pm

prettybrown213 wrote:Don't apologize. I was the same way, I had nothing but questions.

I followed Curly Nikki's henna gloss recipe. I used Jamila Henna and Aussie Moist conditioner and green tea. I let it sit for about 12 hours and then put it in my hair the next day.

After I washed it out, I deep conditioned with a mixture of Olive Oil Replenishing Pak and some Neutrogena Recovery Mask. I have had my hand in my hair ever since. LOL

Okay cool. I am going to try it over the weekend and report back with the results!

Thank you!
Tria
Tria

Back to top Go down

Post by prettybrown213 16th September 2010, 10:36 am

Let me know how it turns out for you.
Good luck!
prettybrown213
prettybrown213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down