CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TamTam7: Length Check W/ Pics

+15
NaturalNixon
TheRYL1
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
BlondeByDesire
LaToya28
poeticlyspkng
rayray19
jeanlouisangel
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
krazy coils
tamtam7
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 3 Empty TamTam7: Pics From Curly Nikki Meetup in Raleigh

Post by tamtam7 30th January 2011, 12:00 pm

I am forever having trouble getting the post title name to change.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 3 Empty Re: TamTam7: Length Check W/ Pics

Post by sweetdrk1 30th January 2011, 12:43 pm

You all looked FAB!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 30th January 2011, 9:16 pm

Thank so much for commenting and checking out my pics Sweetdrk1!
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 30th January 2011, 10:17 pm

Great pics! It was so nice meeting you!! I will work on another GTG in early summer!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st January 2011, 1:32 am

Love! Love! Love! the meet up pics. You all were absolutely glowing and beautiful! Your hair looked great!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 5th February 2011, 8:13 am

Thanks ladies for the compliments. It was nice meeting you too NaturalNixon! I look forward to the next GTG.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th February 2011, 10:27 pm

Welcome to Curl Street. Great pics. Looking forward to following your journey.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by lys227 16th February 2011, 4:22 pm

Why can't I see the pictures from the meetup? I'm I missing something?

lys227

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 19th February 2011, 10:44 am

lys227 wrote:Why can't I see the pictures from the meetup? I'm I missing something?
They should show up on page two. I just checked and they're still there. I can send you a PM if not.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 3 Empty TamTam7: Bad Hair Day

Post by tamtam7 20th February 2011, 8:50 am

Hey ladies!

I know I haven't been on here in a while, but I'm back. Not much has been going on with my hair I have just been rocking the two strand twists every week hoping to protect my hair, but I'm not so sure that my hair is protected that way. When I take the twists out sometimes I have knotted up ends. I asked my hair stylist about a protein treatment and she advised that I not get on at this time because she doesn't think it's necessary. She said that it can really damage your hair if not done properly or at the needed and appropriate time. So she said that she would give me a moisturizing conditioning treatment with strengthening agents.

Well, my hair may be healthy but I do not love the way that it looks right now. It doesn't look horrible, but it's too big for me. I'm not a fan of big hair on me. It looks good on others but on my round shirley templeish face I don't like it. She did my usual flat twist out style but this time I think she did them a little too big and somehow the curls are less defined. This is the worst feeling when you spend money on your hair and you don't like it. You just have to make do to feel like you're getting your money's worth. I wish I knew what to do to maintain it. I talked to her about it and she said that she won't do it as big next time, she thought that I wanted the bigger look. She recommended that I keep it well moisturized to achieve my deisred look. Have any of you ever gone to the hair salon and not liked your hair afterwards? If so, how did you make do with it?
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 20th February 2011, 11:01 am

Hi Tam Tam,

I remember I used to see you around the hair boards before but I don't think i'd ever seen pictures of your hair....your hair is beautiful Smile I'm sorry your hair didn't turn out the way you wanted. Since going natural I haven't had this experience, because I haven't been to the salon...but when I was relaxed this used to happen to me all the time. Its the main reason I decided to take my hair into my own hands (and trust me I'm not great with styling either!) But with lots of patience & failed styles...i feel that i am learning and improving. if you watched some youtube vids & practice, practice, practice i'm sure you could pick it up too.
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th February 2011, 12:42 pm

Hey Tam Tam!

that is the worst, especially after you have spent your hard earned money! Can you retwist to get the look you want? Also with the knots on the ends of your twists, are you completely detangled before you twist? Have you have a trim, that could be it too....hope things get better!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 6:10 am

Your hair... is pretty doggone amazing. And I love the meetup pics.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 25th February 2011, 9:04 am

Thanks kea Curls for the compliment. Like you, I have failed at a lot of styles too, but the good thing is I didn't lose money only time, so if I hate it enough I could just do it all over again. I usually just stick with my two strand twist styles because I don't have the patience to do a whole lot. I have watched some youtube videos for styling tips but I just need a little more practice.

@sweetdrk1, thanks for the advice. I actually ended up liking "Sybil" as the days went on. I got a lot of compliments on my hair and my hubby likes it so I guess I just came around too. I will probably retwist it tonight because this style is on its last leg. In terms of your question of whether or not I am completely detangled, probably not. Sometimes I get lazy and cut corners. I know I need to do better at that, but also my hair tangles up so easily so even when I take my time it just tangles up again. I just have very fine, fragile hair so it takes a lot of patience. My hairstylist said that I am due for a trim. She did a really good trim a couple of months ago so the next time I go she's going to trim it. I hate getting trims...grrr. I'm trying to let me hair grow out and I feel like the little bit that grows out is just getting cut off again, but I guess I need to make sure that it's healthy 'cause it definately won't grow then.

Thanks Juices-n-Berries. Your hair is pretty doggone amazing too. I've always admired your curls.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 3 Empty TamTam7: Length Check W/ Pics

Post by tamtam7 27th March 2011, 10:04 am

Hey ladies!
I know it seems like a mighty long time (shoo-bop, shoo bop my baby wooo)....but I'm back. I pressed my hair out to trim my ends and to do a length check. I don't think that it's gotten that much longer in overall length, but I can tell that certain damaged areas are growing out. I contribute it to wearing my hair down more often. I use to put it up in buns all of the time and that used to pull my hair out in the center. Also, my hair stylist did a good trim and got a lot of the split ends out. Plus, I'd like to think that following healthy hair tips from my fellow curlies on this site has helped out tremendously. Thanks to the advice of the ladies on this forum I have found products that have really helped me to maintain a healthier mane. Some of my fav products that I think have contributed to my healthy hair is: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingling Shampoo and Conditioner, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Deep Conditioner, My Honey Child Olive You Deep Conditioner (I alternate between Aubrey Organics and My Honey Child, I love them both), and Coconut oil. What are some things that you have done in your hair routine that have helped you in maintaining a healthy head of curls?

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 3 Dscn0711
The center area of my hair that looks a shade ligther than the rest was really damaged a few months ago as a result of the buns. I'd say it's grown a good 2-3 inches as a result of a good trim and giving up the bun. Please disregard my husband's foot in the picture.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 27th March 2011, 10:11 pm

Great update! Hair looking good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 27th March 2011, 10:23 pm

Your hair looks great! Is that your natural color, did you color your hair or is it the lighting? Either way, I like.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th March 2011, 11:50 pm

nice update. Your hair looks wonderful cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 28th March 2011, 10:54 am

thanks ladies. juices n berries I put in hair color...its pretty subtle. I wanted a sunkissed look. LOL
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3