CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TamTam7: Length Check W/ Pics

+15
NaturalNixon
TheRYL1
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
KinkyNappyHappy
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
BlondeByDesire
LaToya28
poeticlyspkng
rayray19
jeanlouisangel
QuietButterfly
sweetdrk1
krazy coils
tamtam7
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Empty TamTam7: Loving My Twist Out!

Post by tamtam7 8th January 2011, 8:27 pm

So, I just got my hair done in a flat twist out, and I'm lovin' it like McDonald's. The first time she did them they were mad small which gave me this Michael Jackson look. This time she did bigger twists which makes my curls look more natural. The problem is that this style will probably frizz up quicker and Sybil will once again change personalities on me. LOL I'm sure I'll be asking you ladies for advice on how to bring life back into this style.

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Dscn0610
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Empty Re: TamTam7: Length Check W/ Pics

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2011, 10:57 pm

ahhhh I use to get this done all the time when I was permed. I didn't do it before I cut my hair. Looking good!! I think you would revive this like any other twist out. How did you manage other twist outs?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 8:57 am

Hi TamTam...

I'm so late, but I wanted to stop by and welcome you to CS!! You are doing a nice job with your hair!! Love your flat twist out!! Too Cute!!

So how do you like the Deep Conditioner you purchased from My Honey Child?

Just curious... Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 9th January 2011, 7:38 pm

@Sweetdrk1, I usually gave up after like day 4 and just did another style. My hair frizzes up so easily.

@kinkyNappyHappy, I actually haven't tried the My Honey Child yet. I'll probably try it out next Saturday though because I'm not confident that this hair will hold out past a week. I'm going to stretch it out as long as I can though.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Empty TamTam7: Bad Shampooing Experience

Post by tamtam7 16th January 2011, 3:04 pm

So, this morning I decided to wash my hair because my twist out wasn't working for me any longer. I tried a technique that I read about on a blog called an oil rinse. Well, I don't know if it was because the oil I used was not good or I did the technique wrong or what, but my hair felt waxy. It was bad. I had to wash it out again, immediately. Then as I washed it out with my Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingling Shampoo (which I love) I got shampoo in my eyes and it burned, burned, burned! But I washed it out of my eyes and it was fine and my hair felt back to normal. Also, I tried to wash my hair in sections and I'm not sure that works for me. I didn't feel like I was thoroughly washing my hair and sometimes my hair needs a deep clean because of the product build up, so I don't think I will revisit that technique. I styled my hair in wet double strand twists and set it with flexi rods. I'm going to let the rollers stay in over night. I don't plan on going anywhere today or doing anything except read my book, so it should be cool.

Have any of you ever tried to oil rinse? Do you wash your hair in sections?
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 16th January 2011, 3:52 pm

Hey TamTam! Sorry about getting shampoo in your eyes! The tingle feels good on the scalp but not so much on the eyes, right? I've never tried an oil rinse but I'm considering giving it a try tomorrow since I'm off. I tried washing my hair in sections but don't feel it's long enough to warrant that process, not to mention the water usage. I just want to wash all my hair once and be done. But I do wash my hair in twists and that works fine.

Well your flat twist out was very pretty. I'm sure the one you did today will turn out beautifully also!

What book are you reading?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 16th January 2011, 4:02 pm

Thanks poeticlyspkg. I'm going to try the oil rinse again. I just read an article on curly nikki about it and it appears I didn't use the right oil. I used this morrocan oil and I think coconut oil will work better. I am finishing up The Great Gatsby and next I'm reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th January 2011, 4:12 pm

I have done oil rinses and wash my hair is sections sometimes. I have used EVOO & EVCO as well as sesame, Hairveda's Vatika Frosting, amla and Navrantha (last two are ayurvedic oils). I enjoyed all of them. I typically use them before conditioning. I put about 1/4 of the oil throughout my hair and let it sit a couple of minutes before I apply the conditioner. I detangle with the oil & conditioner in my hair and rinse them out in hot to very warm water then do a final rinse in cold water.

I have washed in sections. I don't do it often since I feel I can get to my scalp with no problems. I will sometimes keep my hair in twists (I pre-poo with oil typically and put my hair in six to eight twists) to help with detangling.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 16th January 2011, 6:43 pm

ChrsLvsBks, thanks for the response. I think I'm going to give the oil rinse another shot. It may be that I just didn't use the right oil. I'm not sure I can do the whole washing my hair in sections thing again. It took so long.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th January 2011, 12:54 pm

Hey sorry about the shampoo in your eyes!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th January 2011, 5:03 pm

I've had that wax feeling..too much jojoba oil, but I wasn't going to re-shampoo. It is taking me for every to shampoo now!!!

Glad you were able shampoo that oil out, but sorry about the shampoo in the eyes. I've gotten my spritz in my eyes before so I know how you felt.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi!!! **waving**
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 18th January 2011, 10:27 pm

@sweetdrk1, love the new siggy pic. Sasha is looking good girl!
@kinkynappyhappy, thanks for stopping in to say hey. Yea the shampoo in the eyes was not a good feeling, but I am glad I got the oil out. My hair felt much better after I washed it out.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Empty TamTam7: Double Strand Twists and My Honey Child

Post by tamtam7 23rd January 2011, 8:10 pm

So I tried the My Honey Child Olive You Deep Conditioner and loved it! My hair felt so soft and was super shiny. I washed my hair last night with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingling shampoo and then put the My Honey Child Condish on with a shower cap and walked around the house with it on for....uh...I'd say 20 minutes or so then rinsed it out. I braided it up in four sections and let it dry naturally for a bit and tied it up with a satin bonnet. One reason why I did it this way is because I was tired and didn't feel like twisting it up last night. The other reason is because I've been having some problems with my twists unraveling. I thought that maybe if I do dry twists then maybe they will stay twisted. Well, today I used Curls Milkshake as a base moisturizer and sealed in the moisture with a little bit of shea butter and coconut oil. I twisted my hair with Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue. This was my first time using the Curly Meringue for my twists. I sealed the ends with shea butter. It appears that my hair is unraveling a little bit even now. I'm not sure what's going on. I guess the texture of my hair has changed because I straighten it so much. I plan on curling my hair up tonight before I go to bed with flexi rods. These are pics of what my two strand twists with flexi rods looked like last week.
TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Dscn0611
TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Dscn0612
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Empty TamTam7: Double Strand Twists and My Honey Child

Post by tamtam7 23rd January 2011, 8:15 pm

I should also note that when I did the twists last week I did them wet. This time I did them dry, so I'm not sure what the end result will be when I set these with flexi rods. I think it will look pretty similar. I will post pics tomorrow.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 23rd January 2011, 11:19 pm

Pretty hair cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th January 2011, 12:17 pm

Very pretty ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th January 2011, 4:53 pm

Hey!

I've been lurking, checking out your hair for a minute now...LOVES IT!

I'll have to try that small flat-twist out...hmmmm!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 24th January 2011, 8:59 pm

Thanks ladies! My hair didn't turn out right this morning so I didn't take a pic. I was too lazy to set with flexi rods so I just did four bantu knots and I just wasn't impressed, so tonight I set my hair with the flexi rods and used kinky curly sprial spritz. We'll see how it turns out tomorrow.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th January 2011, 9:09 pm

Don't cha love shrinkage! Those curls are purty!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 24th January 2011, 11:24 pm

Thanks Sweetdrk1!
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 24th January 2011, 11:25 pm

Oh! And yeah! They shrinked up a lot. LOL
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 25th January 2011, 1:22 pm

Your twists came out pretty Tam! So you would recommend the My Honeychild?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by tamtam7 29th January 2011, 10:08 am

Thanks poeticklyspkg and yes I loooooooooved the My Honey Child Olive You conditioner.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Empty TamTam7: Protein Treatment

Post by tamtam7 29th January 2011, 10:18 am

It's funny. I've been natural for going on 11 years now and I feel like such a newbie. When I first went natural there wasn't a ton of blogs and awesome new products to try so my journey was solely experimental...well...I still experiment now, but now I think I make more informed decisions. I have noticed so many changes with my hair over the years. It seems that the texture has changed a lot and I'm not sure if it is because my hair is damaged or if it's going through a new hair cycle or something(does that happen?). My twists don't last as long as they used to and they are not as full. I have always had soft hair which is a blessing and a curse. I think that because my hair is so soft that makes it prone to more damage. I am trying to do better with getting my ends trimmed regularly so that split ends aren't the culprit. Recently I've been reading up on protein treatments. I'm thinking that my hair needs a little more...courage. LOL! I've heard that Dudley's has a great protein treatment so I think I'll swing by one of the Dudley hair salons to purchase a treatment. I'll also bring this up to my hairstylist and see if she can start implementing protein treatments into my visits. I'll keep you ladies posted on the outcome.
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Empty TamTam7: Pics From Curly Nikki Meetup in Raleigh

Post by tamtam7 30th January 2011, 11:57 am

Hello ladies!
I had such a good time at the Meetup in Raleigh. We got together at Red Bowl Asian Bistro in Raleigh. We had such an awesome time chatting about our favorite hair products, exchanging tips and exchanging products. I got some great moisturizer by Hairveda and some carrot oil. I've never tried either one before, but I can't wait to. The food was great, the conversation was great and it was so awesome to meet other naturals in my state. It was cool to meet the one and only Curly Nikki too. She was so cool and down to earth and of course her hair looked great! Check out the pics below.

TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Dscn0613
TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Dscn0614
TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Dscn0615
TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Dscn0616
TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Dscn0617
TamTam7:  Length Check W/ Pics - Page 2 Dscn0618
tamtam7
tamtam7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content