CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake!

+4
Thinice
CrissyQ
BlondeByDesire
funkyhairchic
8 posters

Go down

FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! Empty FunkyHairChic: Got Updates!

Post by funkyhairchic 8th December 2010, 2:19 pm

Hey Sweethearts!

Thank you all! I'm so glad you guys are digging the new name! I'm loving it, too! I have so much to catch up on with you guys! I hope all is well with all of you. I'm so looking forward to the upcoming Christmas holidays! I'm in countdown mode to my next two week vacation! We will be out in the next 8 days and I'm marking days on the calendar like I'm in jail. Isn't that sad??? Anyway, I wish blessings to you and your families as you celebrate the holiday season. For there is much to be thankful for and much more to look forward to in the new year ahead!

Skincare:
Well, let me start with my skincare update! I'm happy to report that I finally found the right combo of oils to use for my OCM routine. I've been doing this routine for about 2 months, 2x a day, and so far so good. It's gone from good to much better now that I've switched up my formula. I now use 60% castor oil, 20% grapeseed oil, and now 20% jojoba oil. I had hazelnut oil in my previous mix. I've also added a few drops of lavender and tea tree oils for an added touch. My skin is truly thanking me for this routine. It's glowing, dewy, and super soft. I'm so thankful for The MopTop Maven for the in depth breakdown of skin types and oils. I did a little more research of my own, too. I'm still dealing with the occassional breakout in my chin area, but I'm treating them as they come and keeping the at bay. Razz

Haircare:
My hair has been on its "act right" for a minute! The more it grows the better it gets. In my downtime, I've been really watching a lot of protective styling vids and although the twist pinups are cool, I'm bored with it! BORED!!! My hair is finally at a length where I can bun it! Yay! cheers When my hair hair is stretched, I can pull it into a low bun. In the next few weeks, I'm going to try some new styles with bunning, and I don't necessarily mean the donut. Nothing wrong with a donut, but I want to kick my PSing up a notch. CN had a list of YT vids on her page yesterday and I'm a new fan of msvaughn! All I can say is WOW!!! Definitely loving her style and her hair is too funky fabulous!

In the meantime, I'm really loving the results of my twistouts here lately! Thank you Lynnie for hipping us to the Naptural85 twistout method! My hair has never looked more defined from my roots to my tips! Here are some results from my twistout using her method.

Monday:
FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! DSCN5450
FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! DSCN5451
I'm in love with my twistouts more now!

Oh, I forgot to share my hair from last Saturday! I did a side twistout/fro.
FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! 2010-12-04123830_Wylie_Texas_US
FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! 2010-12-04124754_Wylie_Texas_US
FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! 2010-12-04124448_Wylie_Texas_US

Here is my hair during Thanksgiving weekend:
FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! Dscn5310

FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! Dscn5312

Lately, I've been using rosewater to moisturize before styling and my shea butter/coconut oil mixture (Naptural85 recipe) to detangle. I'm starting to like it more than my commericial products. My hair is crazy soft and not too greasy. A little goes a long way. My twistouts are bouncier and lighter. Curls are defined beautifully! I had this recipe stashed among my plethora of products and I forgot I had it. I'm so glad I revisited it.

Last but not least, I wanted to share a mini length check. The last time I checked my length was August. I'm knocking on 18 months natural. I'll check into the Natural Challenge thread and post my official length stats, but here is a comparison from Month 14 to Month 18.

FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! LCMonth14-18
Looks like I'm about to hit APL! I stretched my hair in the back at my nape and it's just barely past my tattoo on my back. I'll post pics later. I try to do a comparison every 3-4 months.

Well, I think that covers it, ladies! That's what happens when I don't post regularly! I'll post more as it all comes to me! TTYL, lovelies!!!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake!

Post by BlondeByDesire 8th December 2010, 2:21 pm

Looking good
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake! Empty Re: FunkyHairChic: Sorry for the confusion! Two threads; same name; my mistake!

Post by funkyhairchic 8th December 2010, 2:35 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Looking good
Thank you! I meant to add this to my thread, but started a new topic. My fault!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th December 2010, 3:01 pm

Your hair is so shiny, what are u using for the shine?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 8th December 2010, 7:06 pm

Love your hair!
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th December 2010, 7:24 pm

I'm glad you are loving Naptural85's twist out method!! Your hair looks AMAZING!!!

I love MsVaughn!!! I've been subscribed to her for a few months now. You should check out her sister's channel too...MeechyMonroe
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 8th December 2010, 7:26 pm

LOL @ "I'm marking days on the calendar like I'm in jail"...don't think that way about the chirren...they're our future! Razz Enjoy your well-deserved holiday!

Hair is looking fabulous, as usual!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 8th December 2010, 10:32 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Your hair is so shiny, what are u using for the shine?
Thanks CQ! I'm using the shea/coconut oil mix recipe that I made by way of YTer Naptural85. It's a great moisturizer and the coconut oil adds the shine.

Thinice wrote:Love your hair!
Thank you, Thinice!

Lynnieluve wrote:I'm glad you are loving Naptural85's twist out method!! Your hair looks AMAZING!!!

I love MsVaughn!!! I've been subscribed to her for a few months now. You should check out her sister's channel too...MeechyMonroe
Thanks Lynnie! This method is too awesome! My twistouts never came out like this. I'm soooo gonna check her out! MsVaughn is so adorable and her hair is the biz!

cyclingchick wrote:LOL @ "I'm marking days on the calendar like I'm in jail"...don't think that way about the chirren...they're our future! Razz Enjoy your well-deserved holiday!
Hair is looking fabulous, as usual!

lol @ CC! What's funny is it's not even the kids! The kids are great, but some adults, not so much. Thanks, doll!

CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th December 2010, 10:29 am

now didnt u just re-start a new thread scratch anyhoo...im so loving nina n her thickness u got goin on! i always like lookin back on pics cuz just this time last year i can remember bein in the twa stage and dreamin of doin twist outs n etc. time fliiiies and its like look at us now! ur on track and retainin growth to go from ur collarbone to APL in 4 months!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 9th December 2010, 1:56 pm

Hey ladies,

I'm sooooo sorry for the confusion. With my CG account tripping, changing my username, and everything else, I kinda made a boo boo. I started a new thread after I registered under a new name. Yesterday, I accidentally opened a new thread by mistake and posted in it. This caused me to have two accounts w/the same name. Sooooo, please do not post in this thread. Post in my original "FunkyHairChic: Got Updates?" one. I'll note it in my heading so you won't be confused. I'm sorry guys!

@ Nubie: I hope that explains it. Thanks girlie! Smile
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down