CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texture confusion

5 posters

Go down

Texture confusion Empty Texture confusion

Post by Sasha B. 24th May 2010, 1:45 pm

Okay ladies,

I know that black hair typically has two (or more) different textures on any one person's head.
I, myself, have big, smooth, 3b type curls at the back of my head--near the nape of my neck.
The rest of my curls, throughout, are corkscrew curls that vary in being loosely & tightly wound. (I still haven't figured out what hair type these corkscrew curls of mine are, as far as 3c or 4a, so if someone could help me with that, that'd be awesome)*confused

My main issue, is that right in the center of my head (the crown), my hair is extremely coarse. Sometimes I worry that it's not absorbing the moisture like the rest of my hair (if it's possible for one part of your hair to do that), but then there are times when it feels like it's moisturized, but the feel of it is more wiry than anything.

Help? scratch
Sasha B.
Sasha B.

http://thisisshe.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Texture confusion Empty Re: Texture confusion

Post by Poundcake921 24th May 2010, 6:50 pm

the middle of my hair is very very coarse as well nothing at all moisturizes it...it was like that too when I had a perm in my hair....it would always be the first area to grow in first when i needed a touch up...i absolutely hate it with a passion....like right now it feels so rough...sigh....i gave up the battle trying to deal with it....
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by VonAngel 24th May 2010, 8:22 pm

My hair @ the crown is the same way...just as stubborn as it wants to be. It looks like a worn Brillo pad and has not one defined curl. It's just my type of hair, and nothing I do to it will change the texture. All I can do is keep it moisturized (more than the rest of my hair) and treat it like a newborn--gently. It can be a major PITA, but fighting it won't make it any easier to manage. So, I learned how to work w/ it instead of against it.
VonAngel
VonAngel

http://angeliquethenovelist.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th May 2010, 10:45 pm

I suggest applying products differently to your different areas. For example, use less moisture on the looser areas and more on the less loose areas. My curls range from non-existent to very curly spirals. Applying products differently to the areas definitely helps.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 24th May 2010, 11:03 pm

Ditto Chrs ... I am MUCH more liberal with product on the crown than elsewhere on my head, but only water-based moisturizers, as the porosity is significantly less than the rest of my hair as well ... the last place to dry, the place oil just sits, etc.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down