CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre-poo, deep condition confusion!

2 posters

Go down

Pre-poo, deep condition confusion! Empty Pre-poo, deep condition confusion!

Post by Jo Somebody 16th January 2011, 11:25 am

Hi all! Ok, I'm transitioning in braids and was thinking of deep conditioning for a couple hours while I do some studying. However, when I finish, I will be washing it out with shampoo, so would that make it a pre-poo or a deep condition?

My braids are my own hair, no extensions, so I hope/assume leaving products in for a couple hours won't be detrimental (i.e. won't loosen them).

The plan was to mix some VO5 conditioner with QB AOHC, honey, and a few drops olive, Vatika, argan and wild growth oils, shampoo with my naughty sulfate packed KeraCare dry and Itchy shampoo, condition with my naughty cone-filled rinse out conditioner of the same brand, moisturise with QB BRBC and seal with some oil (haven't decided which one yet - I have too many! castor, jojoba, borage, bergamot, apricot kernel, avocado, macadamia nut, patchouli and the ones mentioned earlier Shocked - most of which were delivered today after an online splurge, though some are for my face for the oil clensing method which I'll be trying for the first time tonight).

Does the plan make no sense? What would you ladies advise (I know I'm going to have to learn what works for myself eventually)? I braided my hair with the AOHC and my hair loved it, so is it silly to wash it out? Maybe I should leave it out of the deep condition/pre-poo and just apply it after the wash. Hmmm...

Sorry if the post is a bit confusing. Hope you ladies are enjoying your Sunday so far! Very Happy
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Pre-poo, deep condition confusion! Empty Re: Pre-poo, deep condition confusion!

Post by Sebastain13 20th January 2011, 11:12 am

I think that a pre poo is with oils that are left on the hair for 30min to an hour or longer for some I pre poo with coconut or vatika oil weekly It works well for my hair After I pre poo I co wash & deep condition so I think that if you are using conditioner on your hair it could be considered a cowash
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down