CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Strand Twist

+2
Naturally Esq
designsbyarias
6 posters

Go down

Two Strand Twist Empty Two Strand Twist

Post by designsbyarias 2nd November 2010, 8:07 pm

I am about 5 months into my transition. This is my second time transitioning but I gave in after 4 years and got a relaxer. I have been trying to do two strand twist on my hair but when I take them down, my hair is always straight. I have 3c/4a hair so maybe my hair won't take to the twist. Any recommendations???

designsbyarias

Back to top Go down

Two Strand Twist Empty Re: Two Strand Twist

Post by Naturally Esq 2nd November 2010, 8:25 pm

What products are you using?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by designsbyarias 2nd November 2010, 8:48 pm

I am using Gardner Fructis Leave in conditioner ( love it). I have also tried using the leaving in condition with any of the following: pink moisturizer (I knew that wouldn't work when I tried it), coconut oil, and jam. I am sure I need another product but i don't want to go buy another product and it doesn't work.

designsbyarias

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 2nd November 2010, 10:04 pm

Have you tried aloe vera gel over your leave in? Don't use too much or you might get white flecks.

Aloe vera gel is used in many natural stylers because it will hold the set. It has many other uses. You can usually buy the plain kind for a few dollars at Trader Joe's, grocery stores, and drug stores.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by shee 2nd November 2010, 10:48 pm

how do i get started? I am so lost right now, I feel like crying. I have about 1/4th inch new growth from my last relaxer. I don't ever want to relax or color my hair again. I'm 43yrs and I just want my life and my hair simple.

shee

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 3rd November 2010, 7:57 am

Since you're transitioning you may also want to try the twist n curl for your relaxed ends. By curling the ends you can keep the relaxed ends from looking straight.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 3rd November 2010, 8:08 am

shee wrote:how do i get started? I am so lost right now, I feel like crying. I have about 1/4th inch new growth from my last relaxer. I don't ever want to relax or color my hair again. I'm 43yrs and I just want my life and my hair simple.

What products are you using? What is your routine? You might get lost in this thread, so I think you should start your own so that more ladies can help you.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 3rd November 2010, 8:09 am

krazy coils wrote:Since you're transitioning you may also want to try the twist n curl for your relaxed ends. By curling the ends you can keep the relaxed ends from looking straight.

I agree. You could use perm rods or straws on the relaxed ends.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 3rd November 2010, 8:23 am

ITA w/Krazy Coils and Naturally Esq..

I am transitioning and on my 11th month.. When I did my twistouts I used Kimmaytube leave in and Talijah Waleed (sp wrng) lock it up.. I love this stuff.. And Darcy Bontanicals Styling Cream.. I took the ends and rolled them up with small perm rods.. You can also watch some you tube videos to get the hang of it.. My only problem after that was my style only lasted for 2 days I put my hair in a bonnet at night but the next day my hair was flat from where I slept on my hair..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd November 2010, 10:41 am

Since you like the Garnier Fructis leave-in, you might also like the Garnier creme gel. Sounds like you need something like that and it does an awesome job and only costs about $3. I use it for my twist outs pretty regularly with good results.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by designsbyarias 4th November 2010, 10:28 am

Thanks for the suggestions on the two products. I will be buying those soon. As for the perm rods for the relaxed ends, my whole head is straight when I attempt the two strand twist. If I wash n go, them my entire head is curly. Go figures.

designsbyarias

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down