CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I woud like a big sister

2 posters

Go down

I woud like a big sister Empty I woud like a big sister

Post by NaturallyStacie 27th October 2010, 3:31 pm

I did the BC a week ago and I'm trying new and different products everyday. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing. I've co washed my hair every night before bed this week with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conitioner. After cowashing, I apply Shea Moisture Conditioning Curl & Style Milk and ORS Coconut Oil. However, when I wake up in the mornings for work, my hair is a mess. I sleep in a silk bonnet but it doesn't help.

The different products I've bought are Shea Moisture Conditioning Curl & Style Milk, ORS Coconut Oil, Cantu Shea Butter Break Cure Strengthening Treatment, Olive Styling Gel, Cantu Shea Butter Daily Oil Moisturizer, Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner and Olive Firm Hold Spritz.

I want my TWA to be rocking but I have no idea what to do. HELP!!

NaturallyStacie

Back to top Go down

I woud like a big sister Empty Re: I woud like a big sister

Post by naturallychelsea 27th October 2010, 5:34 pm

More than happy to help Very Happy

First of all would it be possible to do your regimen the other way around i.e cowashing in the morning. I mean that could solve alot of problems as you did mention it looks good right after washing it.

Secondly, you might want to invest more time in making sure that you evenly distribute the products through your hair. This will ensure that the gels etc which hold reaches every curl. You could do this either by brushing or combing or this method which seems to be a favorite:

http://www.curlynikki.com/2010/02/twa-stylings-of-ni-kiya.html#comments

Lastly, you could refresh your hair in the morning by spritzing it with a water and oil mixture and slightly fluffing it.

P.S one thing that many curlies complain about is dryness right at the beginning of their journey. It does go away but you might have to stick with it before you enjoy your TWA.

BTW how long is your hair?

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyStacie 27th October 2010, 7:50 pm

Thanks, naturallychelsea. I've found that my hair is longer than most newly BC'ers and a lot longer than the girl in the video you just posted. It's about 3 in. I transitioned for 11 months before doing the BC.

I'm going to cowash tomorrow morning to see if I can get my TWA rocking.

NaturallyStacie

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 27th October 2010, 8:01 pm

Awesome and let me know how it goes
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down