CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Friday

+36
mokacoffey
freckledmom4
ethomasFL
yacoomba
mrspotts45
Shrinkage
FalconTress
TwistedKurlzz
EMarie
hatdiva7566
agdst
summerbreeze76
blackice82
cyclingchick
Neems
NhappyJackie
LaNatural
annedrea
MrsSunshinz
Tmochava
Carolinagurl
ciara89
NaptownCurls
chocolatediva
letha
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Fleur
makeupvixen
Thinice
Renny
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
naturallynola
40 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Black Friday - Page 4 Empty Re: Black Friday

Post by naturallynola 22nd November 2010, 2:23 pm

Jeanlouis - I know you are 1 of the products gurus. You've tried almost everything out there--lol I am thinking about going with the Good Hair. Have you used that? I tried a little at Sage and initially, I didn't like it b/c there was a stickiness, but that went away within a couple of minutes. I really liked the sheen it imparted. Let me know your thoughts and how you have used it, if you did (wet hair, dry hair, something underneath or on top of it, etc.) Thxs.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSunshinz 22nd November 2010, 3:09 pm

Has anyone heard if Koils by Nature will be having a Bf sale? I want to try the butters!!
MrsSunshinz
MrsSunshinz

Back to top Go down

Post by annedrea 22nd November 2010, 3:42 pm

I wonder if Karen's Body Beautiful is having a BF or CM sale? My hair is anxious try some of those product... What a Face Does anyone know if KBB will have a sale?
annedrea
annedrea

http://www.akinkystateofmind.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd November 2010, 4:16 pm

MrsSunshinz wrote:Has anyone heard if Koils by Nature will be having a Bf sale? I want to try the butters!!

She has sales all the time....usually every month. If you are on FB, join the Fan page. She said she will send out the BF announcements via email on Thanksgiving.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd November 2010, 4:18 pm

annedrea wrote:I wonder if Karen's Body Beautiful is having a BF or CM sale? My hair is anxious try some of those product... What a Face Does anyone know if KBB will have a sale?

I hope she is!!! I want to stock up on some body butters!! She has different sales every Tuesday and Friday. Go to the site and join the email list.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by annedrea 22nd November 2010, 4:30 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
annedrea wrote:I wonder if Karen's Body Beautiful is having a BF or CM sale? My hair is anxious try some of those product... What a Face Does anyone know if KBB will have a sale?

I hope she is!!! I want to stock up on some body butters!! She has different sales every Tuesday and Friday. Go to the site and join the email list.

thanks lynnieluve
annedrea
annedrea

http://www.akinkystateofmind.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 22nd November 2010, 5:20 pm

Hey Natnola..I actually have not tried the Good hair..I have however heard alot of mixed reviews. Mostly, people use the Curly Magic as the go to product from Uncle Funky's. I have that, and use that, religiously..Very good product cheers The Extra butter is the other product I have tried from them, and it was ok, but not spectacular.
If you want to try it, go right ahead..I think this is a process, and applaud the trial and error process. Smile that might be your next staple. Which brings me to my next point. What do you want the Good hair for? Wash n Go's or twists/outs? If I know what you are desiring, I can def tell you the right products for it.
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 22nd November 2010, 5:22 pm

Hey Lynn, you use Kbb for body as well? Or mostly hair.
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSunshinz 22nd November 2010, 6:42 pm

Thanks Lynn!!! i love KBB body butters as well!!! the scent lasts a looong time.
SN: @ Lynn, I was in jackson,ms this past weekend for the capital city classic
MrsSunshinz
MrsSunshinz

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsSunshinz 22nd November 2010, 6:47 pm

Just found out KBB will be having 20% BF sale off entire store. Coupon code will be announced on Friday morning
MrsSunshinz
MrsSunshinz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd November 2010, 7:36 pm

jeanlouisangel wrote:Hey Lynn, you use Kbb for body as well? Or mostly hair.

I love her body butter!!! I used the hair products before... the hair butter and the hair milk - GREAT RESULTS. I started trying other products and never got back around to her products. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd November 2010, 8:45 pm

jeanlouisangel wrote:Hey Natnola..I actually have not tried the Good hair..I have however heard alot of mixed reviews. Mostly, people use the Curly Magic as the go to product from Uncle Funky's. I have that, and use that, religiously..Very good product cheers The Extra butter is the other product I have tried from them, and it was ok, but not spectacular.
If you want to try it, go right ahead..I think this is a process, and applaud the trial and error process. Smile that might be your next staple. Which brings me to my next point. What do you want the Good hair for? Wash n Go's or twists/outs? If I know what you are desiring, I can def tell you the right products for it.

Well, if I tried a WNG I could wash, but probably wouldn't be going anywhere for a very long time. My hair is quite thick. I like multitasking products. If it could serve as a decent leave in and styler, I'd be happy. My normal routine is to use kimmaytube on wash day and plait/braid or twist. I can usually leave them in 1 1/2 days or 2 days. The "out" style will go 2 or at most 3 days before I transition to an updo. So, I would love to have something that can give me an extra day or 2 I am not big on gels and heavy shea or heavy oily products and I don't get along. However, I am about to whip up some shealoe and try that to dry braid tonight to try something different. I think the aloe gel will make the shea more palatable for me. If you have any product ideas given the goal I just explained, chime in!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd November 2010, 9:02 pm

I think I've decided what to get ladies. Fleurzty just came out with a new conditioner. The ingredients look really good so I think I'll get that (it's 25% off on BF) and her Hydrating butter.

http://www.laboutiquedefleurzty.com/category/conditioners

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd November 2010, 9:11 pm

LaToya, let us know how you like the condish. I was wondering do you twist with butters?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 22nd November 2010, 9:57 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:
jeanlouisangel wrote:Hey Natnola..I actually have not tried the Good hair..I have however heard alot of mixed reviews. Mostly, people use the Curly Magic as the go to product from Uncle Funky's. I have that, and use that, religiously..Very good product cheers The Extra butter is the other product I have tried from them, and it was ok, but not spectacular.

Well, if I tried a WNG I could wash, but probably wouldn't be going anywhere for a very long time. My hair is quite thick. I like multitasking products. If it could serve as a decent leave in and styler, I'd be happy. My normal routine is to use kimmaytube on wash day and plait/braid or twist. I can usually leave them in 1 1/2 days or 2 days. The "out" style will go 2 or at most 3 days before I transition to an updo. So, I would love to have something that can give me an extra day or 2 I am not big on gels and heavy shea or heavy oily products and I don't get along. However, I am about to whip up some shealoe and try that to dry braid tonight to try something different. I think the aloe gel will make the shea more palatable for me. If you have any product ideas given the goal I just explained, chime in!

So you want a product like a butter or cream that can keep your braid or twist out for longer that 3 days, but not be too heavy a product like shea based? Something that does what a butter or cream does without the texture or consistency?
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 22nd November 2010, 10:04 pm

[quote="Lynnieluve"]
jeanlouisangel wrote:Hey Lynn, you use Kbb for body as well? Or mostly hair.[/quote
I love her body butter!!! I used the hair products before... the hair butter and the hair milk - GREAT RESULTS. I started trying other products and never got back around to her products. LOL!!

So is the hair butter comparable to Darcy or Oyin, or any other butter that u like? Because you usually have one of the best twists/twists out I have ever come across, so I would love to know what produces the greatness Laughing
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd November 2010, 10:25 pm

[quote="jeanlouisangel"]
Lynnieluve wrote:
jeanlouisangel wrote:Hey Lynn, you use Kbb for body as well? Or mostly hair.[/quote

So is the hair butter comparable to Darcy or Oyin, or any other butter that u like? Because you usually have one of the best twists/twists out I have ever come across, so I would love to know what produces the greatness Laughing

Her hair butter is different from all the other butters I've tried. It's very thick (Roxie loves thick products).
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LaNatural 22nd November 2010, 11:01 pm

Well I am new to this game but thought I'd tell what's on my list. Only been natural for 2 weeks.

Giovannie Leave in condish
Darcy's Botanicals - coconut cupuacu butter natural hair pomade, parched curls sample pack (really wanna try the avocado and honey twisting creme),
Qhemet - Amla & Olive heavy cream, Olive and honey hydrating balm
Carol's Daughter - Tui jojoba & shea butter sheen

I know I already sound like a PJ in such a short time period. I just hear good things about those products and need to still find a regiment for myself. Hopefully I can take advantage of BF and find it soon.
LaNatural
LaNatural

http://naturallyme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd November 2010, 11:04 pm

So you want a product like a butter or cream that can keep your braid or twist out for longer that 3 days, but not be too heavy a product like shea based? Something that does what a butter or cream does without the texture or consistency?

Something like that. I guess a creamier based product or if it were a butter, it would have to be something whipped, light, and not greasy. As long as it could yield defined curls with some degree of hold to extend my "out" a day or two." All my lotion consistency products work well,but the "out" is only 3 days. After that, it doesn't look neat.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 23rd November 2010, 4:45 am

I usually use some type of cream to twist, but butters are good for minimizing shrinkage because there's no water in them.

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:LaToya, let us know how you like the condish. I was wondering do you twist with butters?

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 23rd November 2010, 11:39 am

Oyin Handmade's Black Friday info:

black friday only! 11/26 20% off full-sized, individual oyin products online! (midnight to midnight eastern time, coupon expires saturday 11/27) enter code "blackfriday" at checkout!

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 23rd November 2010, 1:45 pm

Does anyone know if butters-N-bars will have a black friday sale?
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 23rd November 2010, 2:43 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:Does anyone know if butters-N-bars will have a black friday sale?

I went to the site and didn't see any announcements for a sale at Butter n- Bars. For those who order from Fleurtzy, La Boutuique De Fleurtzy is having 25% off all items and free shipping on items over $60. Plus she's introducing a new conditioner http://www.laboutiquedefleurzty.com/
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 23rd November 2010, 3:18 pm

Belle Butters will be offering free shipping on BF and CM.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/mstashab?ref=top_trail

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 23rd November 2010, 3:35 pm

I'm sooo excited for the Oyin discount. I can finally get some stuff
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down