CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Friday

+36
mokacoffey
freckledmom4
ethomasFL
yacoomba
mrspotts45
Shrinkage
FalconTress
TwistedKurlzz
EMarie
hatdiva7566
agdst
summerbreeze76
blackice82
cyclingchick
Neems
NhappyJackie
LaNatural
annedrea
MrsSunshinz
Tmochava
Carolinagurl
ciara89
NaptownCurls
chocolatediva
letha
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Fleur
makeupvixen
Thinice
Renny
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
naturallynola
40 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Black Friday - Page 10 Empty Re: Black Friday

Post by krazy coils 3rd December 2010, 1:38 pm

I got my shipping notification from Darcy's yesterday. I didn't place my order until about seven in the morning on Black Friday. Hopefully I get it today or tomorrow because I really want to try out this deep conditioner!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 3rd December 2010, 1:53 pm

krazy coils wrote:I got my shipping notification from Darcy's yesterday. I didn't place my order until about seven in the morning on Black Friday. Hopefully I get it today or tomorrow because I really want to try out this deep conditioner!

I got my notification like 2 days ago and maybe mine will be there today.. I am like you I want to try that DC.. I ordered at 12:15 am not sure how she does it..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 3rd December 2010, 8:16 pm

@annedrea: I most certainly will ! I hope to love it

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 3rd December 2010, 11:09 pm

Received my email notice that Mozeke and Koils by Nature have been shipped! Hope my hair is in awe@

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 3rd December 2010, 11:30 pm

Just got my DB stuff. Everything looks and smells wonderful! I'm so excited. Im just waiting on Shescentit and Hairveda.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 3rd December 2010, 11:45 pm

Finally got a shipping confirmation from DB. Sucks because I had to have been one of the first to even place my order that night. Oh well. It's my first time trying her stuff so I guess that's why I'm so impatient right now. lol.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 3rd December 2010, 11:57 pm

I got my DB today.. I know the DC was only 8 oz but I think I was looking for a bigger bottle.. Haven't gotten any confirmation from Koils By Nature or Shescentit..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 4th December 2010, 12:24 am

I got my DB today also, but I won't get to use them until I take out my twists
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 6th December 2010, 3:04 pm

Has anyone used Darcy's Botanicals Curl Cream Gel yet and also their new leave-in? If so, how do you like it?
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 6th December 2010, 3:23 pm

Ok Letha, Makeup, Twisted I am depending on you guys to tell me how you like the DB products...It was the only thing on my wish list I did not get... Sad
I'm living thru ya'll now..Dont let me down.. Laughing
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 6th December 2010, 3:24 pm

Oh yeah Krazy....whats good..you too..you know how I love the products you love. lol! Is Darcy's the joint or what?
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 6th December 2010, 4:46 pm

jeanlouisangel wrote:Oh yeah Krazy....whats good..you too..you know how I love the products you love. lol! Is Darcy's the joint or what?

LOL - I haven't tried the deep conditioner yet so the verdict is still out on that one. It didn't come this weekend and I had already done my hair so I'll try it hopefully next weekend. I do like the daily leave-in conditioner which I've tried before so that was a repurchase for me. I'm kind of undecided about the avocado and wild plum twisting cream. I used it once, got really good definition with my twistout but the moisture wasn't there for me. I'm going to try it again to see if I get the same lack of moisture with it. I'm thinking I should have ordered the one with glycerine in it to get that moisture I'm missing.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 6th December 2010, 4:47 pm

jeanlouisangel wrote:Ok Letha, Makeup, Twisted I am depending on you guys to tell me how you like the DB products...It was the only thing on my wish list I did not get... Sad
I'm living thru ya'll now..Dont let me down.. Laughing

So far I love the Coconut Cupacu Butter Its thick and it's suppose to give my hair that shine but it don't but it is moisturized and not sure if it helped with my frizz but its not that frizzy today.... I just used that when I wear my pony tails.. The DC got lazy this weekend and did not try it.. I got the shea butter moisturizer.. I love the smell of that too soon yet to tell if it moisturizes but its thicker than the daily leave in moisturizer she has..

I got a feeling I am going to wish I ordered the transitioning cream.. I had some that I used and it fell behing my night stand and I just saw it last night tried to use it but wouldn't come out the pump bottle so this might be on it's last leg.. So I need to use this up b4 it goes bad.. This stuff is really great for a transitioners.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 6th December 2010, 5:18 pm

@jeanlouisangel So far all of the Darcy's products that I have used, I love them. I am going to try and wait until I take my twists down to use the curl cream gel and their new leave-in
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 6th December 2010, 8:10 pm

Ok Letha and KC, its looking like its about the Deep Condish..huh? Let me know when you guys try that out. Anyone got the vanilla cream? I heard that is good for twists..Letha, what is the transition product?

@Twisted, what products do you have from them? And what is your fav? I am looking into Kbb stuff as well..I need a good twisting cream or butter. My shealoe mix, is quite good, but I am PJ after all... Laughing
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 6th December 2010, 9:16 pm

jeanlouisangel wrote:Ok Letha and KC, its looking like its about the Deep Condish..huh? Let me know when you guys try that out. Anyone got the vanilla cream? I heard that is good for twists..Letha, what is the transition product?

@Twisted, what products do you have from them? And what is your fav? I am looking into Kbb stuff as well..I need a good twisting cream or butter. My shealoe mix, is quite good, but I am PJ after all... Laughing

It's called Transitioning Cream.. Some naturals use it because it gives them great moisture.. But its good for me because it helps to tame my NG..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 6th December 2010, 9:19 pm

@jeanlouisangel I have their avocado and wild plum twisting cream, deep conditioner, pumpkin seed moisturizing conditioner, daily leave-in conditioner, and coconut cupacu butter. I also have their new leave-in and curl cream gel, but I haven't used these two products yet. So far I think that the deep conditioner and the pumpkin seed moisturizing conditioner are my favorites. They make my hair feel so soft like never before. These are part of my staple products.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 6th December 2010, 9:48 pm

Ok, I'm not kidding, that DB Curl Cream Gel is outstanding!!! I never had such a slippery and moisturized milk-like product on my hair. I have had soft, but nothing like that. The only thing is that it smells. like a ton of fruity sprays, so I don't think my allergies can deal with that. I'll have to see if I can get it unscented.

Jeanlouis Angel, that Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme is also great. It almost feels like a sugar scrub, but it dissolved into my hair with no residue. The smell is not overpowering.

So far, I have to put aside the deep conditioner, avocado and wild plum twisting cream, and the 2 butters. It just didn't work out for me and my daughters. My youngest's hair loves Qhemet's BR and glycerin products and my eldest's hair loves liquid-like glycerin products/sprays and non-heavy creams.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 6th December 2010, 10:02 pm

Finally I got my Shescentit, Darcy's, and KBB in. Still waiting on Qhemets.
I just tried the Avocado Honey on one side and the Avocado Plum on the other side of my hair. Don't really like it. I wet my hair with a spray bottle first and tried it, it didn't act right, too gummy I guess because I put bejaflornatural Hemp Seed Butter Cream on last night. So I rinsed everything out of my hair, did a co-wash and applied the Darcy's again on damp hair. Yeah UM NO, my hair is acting like there is no product in it at all, got puffy and frizzed on me. So I tried adding a little bit more, still not doing the trick.

Now this is super odd because I have fine, thin 4a hair and my hair doesn't normally react like that to any product unless I blow dryed it. So the verdit is still out in my Darcy's. I have to read some threads on how people are using their because I'm not liking it so far. I will have to get back with you guys on that one. Still haven't tried the poo bar from them or the madagascar vanilla styling cream yet.

(I am still recovering from a bad rhassoul clay mishap so my hair is kind of dry, maybe that doesn't help the Darcy's situation, I'm doing the baggy method everyday to recover and the KBB luscious locks treatment)

Now one of my shescentit butters came whipped but gritty. I know how shea butter works and I can normally emolisfy it in my hands by rubbing it together but it's not working. I just have little white balls that wont melt. I tried emailing the company and I just got an email about How Shea Butter works, I already know how shea butter works and I told them that it's still not melting, then they said that there is nothing that they can do about it.

One of my jars on KBB arrived opened and there was product all over the place. I wish they would have put tape around the lid and bottle like they normally do, but I guess they forgot.

So I'm not having a very good Black Friday product haul so far. Hopes it gets better.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 6th December 2010, 11:17 pm

fleur_nouvelle wrote:Ok, I'm not kidding, that DB Curl Cream Gel is outstanding!!! I never had such a slippery and moisturized milk-like product on my hair. I have had soft, but nothing like that. The only thing is that it smells. like a ton of fruity sprays, so I don't think my allergies can deal with that. I'll have to see if I can get it unscented.

Jeanlouis Angel, that Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme is also great. It almost feels like a sugar scrub, but it dissolved into my hair with no residue. The smell is not overpowering.

So far, I have to put aside the deep conditioner, avocado and wild plum twisting cream, and the 2 butters. It just didn't work out for me and my daughters. My youngest's hair loves Qhemet's BR and glycerin products and my eldest's hair loves liquid-like glycerin products/sprays and non-heavy creams.

I feel the same about the avodado and wild plum twisting cream. I've come to the realization that my hair loves glycerin products year round. I got this because I thought maybe I should stay away from glycerin in the colder months, but I've used Qhemet's in the winter and haven't had a problem.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by LaNatural 6th December 2010, 11:31 pm

I got so many products on black friday and almost all of them have arrived. But I haven't tried any of them. I'm a little shy about it. Don't know what to use or how to use it.

I guess I went a little crzy with the deals. That's how it always happens.

Oyin - Shine and Define serum and the Honey Hemp condish
Quemets - Hydrating balm and the honeybush tea gel
DB - Coconut and hibiscus Oil
Brown Butter - sample pack with a lil' of everything

Any suggestions on how or when to use any of these products?

Thank you.
LaNatural
LaNatural

http://naturallyme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 6th December 2010, 11:52 pm

krazy coils wrote:

I feel the same about the avodado and wild plum twisting cream. I've come to the realization that my hair loves glycerin products year round. I got this because I thought maybe I should stay away from glycerin in the colder months, but I've used Qhemet's in the winter and haven't had a problem.

Exactly! I know that our hair needs glycerin in this house. Like you, the glycerin doesn't bug us in The cold weather either. I'm trying to figure out why the DB curling gel/cream and Madagascar cream slid through my hair like silk. So far, aloe vera juice is one of the main ingredients in one product and glucoside and palm oil are the main ingredients in the other.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 7th December 2010, 2:28 am

fleur_nouvelle wrote:
krazy coils wrote:

Exactly! I know that our hair needs glycerin in this house. Like you, the glycerin doesn't bug us in The cold weather either. I'm trying to figure out why the DB curling gel/cream and Madagascar cream slid through my hair like silk. So far, aloe vera juice is one of the main ingredients in one product and glucoside and palm oil are the main ingredients in the other.

So what you all thought is that avocado plum cream would work like a heavy cream such as Qhemets, but the lack of glycerine prevented that? Its not actually affecting your hair like a twisting cream should? My hair loves glycerine, but I really wanted to try something with avocado in it, because I have not yet tried that oil, and I have a strong feeling my hair would love it...what u guys think? Fleur should I just skip that cream and get the madagascar vanilla cream? Its good for twisting, right?
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 7th December 2010, 2:46 am

@Twisted...Nice to know you r feeling it...May have to sample some things..See how my hair responds...thanks so much for input ladies flower
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 7th December 2010, 3:07 am

Jeanlouis, the avocado cream was dull and filmy for me. I tried it on both of my girls with the same results. I used the BR and voilĂ --instant moisture and shine. I am going to give avocado oil another try, but not in a cream. The Madagascar has palm oil, castor oil and aloe vera juice as the main ingredients, so I guess my hair likes that. I was kind of shocked that I used it with little product and yielded awesome results. It's doesn't have hold, but it's a moisturizer and sheen product. You can definately use it for soft twists, combined with a soft gel, or as a standalone. Let me tell you, it did what it was supposed to do. So I only like Darcy's curl cream gel, Madagascar cream, and coiling jelly. The rest was not for me.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next