CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

+12
Isaac'sMama
kelleemudiva
MsCrystal
natural83
naturallynola
NappilyBeautiful
kurlegurl
poeticlyspkng
letha
MsJay1121
Renny
Emartini04
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Empty Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Post by Emartini04 21st October 2010, 11:46 am

I am absolutely in love with this product. It gives me second day hair amd surprisingly my second day hair looks better than the first! Using this product and sealing my hair with Jane Carter nourish and shine is such a great combination for my 3a/3b/3c/ curls!!!
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Empty Re: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Post by Renny 21st October 2010, 11:54 am

Congrats!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie Empty Re: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Post by MsJay1121 21st October 2010, 12:54 pm

I've used their dt masque, and wanted to try this too... Hmmm... I think I'll make a trip today!!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 21st October 2010, 1:30 pm

Still can't find that at my Target stores but I see that Amazon sells it now.. I might order from them.. I've been hearing rave reviews about these products.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st October 2010, 5:19 pm

I agree. The Curl Enhancing Smoothie is awesome. Very hydrating!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 21st October 2010, 10:28 pm

I love this stuff! Works with everything!!!
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 22nd October 2010, 9:37 am

Yes. I love it. I kept hearing about it and finally decided to give in (a day I was short on cash lol) and buy the product. It's really what everyone says. The first time I applied way too much and it left my hair with a thick greasy film with white residue. Then I co wash it out and applied again but very little. You really don't need much of this stuff. Anyone tried co washing with their conditioner? confused
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by NappilyBeautiful 22nd October 2010, 2:03 pm

I don't like this product as a stand alone. It's too heavy for my hair. I use it as a leave in under my gel.
NappilyBeautiful
NappilyBeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 24th October 2010, 10:11 am

oh ok ... which gel do you use? i see everyone uses eco but i really don't like it too much.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 24th October 2010, 10:13 am

I used to use ECo but never really liked it either, so I was introduced to Ic gel, and it is perfect! It gives great hold, with absolutely no crunch! Twists are awesome with the shea moisture curl smoothie and the ic gel.
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 24th October 2010, 11:10 am

Emartini04 wrote:I am absolutely in love with this product. It gives me second day hair amd surprisingly my second day hair looks better than the first! Using this product and sealing my hair with Jane Carter nourish and shine is such a great combination for my 3a/3b/3c/ curls!!!

I use my nourish and shine to seal my braids on washday and I really like it used that way. Also, if I think my ends need a little shine or smoothness between wash days. Is there another use you have for this product?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by NappilyBeautiful 24th October 2010, 12:06 pm

I use it under kccc
NappilyBeautiful
NappilyBeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 24th October 2010, 12:25 pm

NappilyBeautiful wrote:I use it under kccc

I'm sorry, I am not sure which product you use under KCCC. I just want to be clear because I have some and use from time to time and I know how "selfish" it is with many other products.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by NappilyBeautiful 24th October 2010, 1:10 pm

I use the sheamoisture smoothie or milk under KCCC
NappilyBeautiful
NappilyBeautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2010, 1:59 am

Okay, where are you guys getting this product? I really want to try it and think I will try to hunt for it this weekend! I know some have said that it sells in Target, so I guess I should check there first. Im hoping the Target near my house carries it. If not, where else are you guys finding it at? What is the price range? Also, are most of you using it as a leave-in, or are u using it as your styler? So many questiions! lol!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by MsCrystal 16th November 2010, 3:46 pm

I haven't tried it yet but will very soon. I did a search on Target.com to see which store around me has it. So excited to try it! and their products are only $9.99!!!!
MsCrystal
MsCrystal

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 18th November 2010, 2:12 am

natural83 wrote:Okay, where are you guys getting this product? I really want to try it and think I will try to hunt for it this weekend! I know some have said that it sells in Target, so I guess I should check there first. Im hoping the Target near my house carries it. If not, where else are you guys finding it at? What is the price range? Also, are most of you using it as a leave-in, or are u using it as your styler? So many questiions! lol!

I was using it as a styler but now that the weather is really cold where I'm at I can no longer use it. This product consists of glycerin but if its not too cold where you're at please try it and let me know how you like it. Once the weather gets warm I will be using this product again!!!
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 18th November 2010, 2:15 am

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:
Emartini04 wrote:I am absolutely in love with this product. It gives me second day hair amd surprisingly my second day hair looks better than the first! Using this product and sealing my hair with Jane Carter nourish and shine is such a great combination for my 3a/3b/3c/ curls!!!

I use my nourish and shine to seal my braids on washday and I really like it used that way. Also, if I think my ends need a little shine or smoothness between wash days. Is there another use you have for this product?

I'm so sorry girl. I had no idea you wrote this. No there is no other use I have for this product. When I use the shea moisture I apply the JNNS to seal my hair and give me extra shine since it contains so many oils and butters. Right now I'm using EVOO and JNNS. I love the nourish and shine product!!!
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 18th November 2010, 2:16 am

kurlegurl wrote:I used to use ECo but never really liked it either, so I was introduced to Ic gel, and it is perfect! It gives great hold, with absolutely no crunch! Twists are awesome with the shea moisture curl smoothie and the ic gel.

Twist r awesomeeee with curl smoothie. I totally agree with you!!
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 29th November 2010, 3:35 pm

I used this product for the first time this morning. I woke up to very frizzy cotton ball hair. I decided to apply this product dry since it was cold here today (didn't have time for my hair to dry). I lightly sprayed my hair with my moisturizing spray and applied the product sparingly to every fingercoil and it eliminated all of the frizz. My hair very soft and moisturized. Let's see if it allows me to have second day hair.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by MsCrystal 29th November 2010, 4:07 pm

I used this product a week ago as my "hair butter" for my two-strand twist. I applied a light leave-in conditioner and applied the smoothie on each section of hair before twisting. (I did small/medium size twists...had about 35 to 40). Granted, I did remoisturize maybe once or twice during the week, but this product has kept my twist so soft and full of moisture. I wore my twists up in a bun. I did a twistout this morning of those same twists, and the moisture is still there. I'm still wearing the twist out up in a bun. I'll probably have to re-moisturize more now that I have twisted out the twists.

Anyway, I pretty much love this product!
MsCrystal
MsCrystal

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 2nd December 2010, 1:25 pm

Okay, checking back in

Not only as this product allowed me to have second day hair, but I am on day 4! I have been refreshing my hair daily with my moistuizing spray and sealing with the curl enhancing smothie. I have to manipulate my hair for curl definition but it definitely gets rid of the frizz. I got caught in pouring rain yesterday without an umbella and my hair still had some definition. The best thing about this product is that my hair stays moisturized! My hair usually feels dry and matted when I wake up in the morning, but these past days it has felt soft and touchable.

I wonder how long I can stretch this out? Day 6 maybe? Lol
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Isaac'sMama 3rd December 2010, 11:59 pm

I love this product too....after my co wash I use this with a little bit of eco styler olive oil gel...I just love the curls...and like the others, make the 2nd , 3rd and so on days look wonderful and no build-up.
Isaac'sMama
Isaac'sMama

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 4th December 2010, 12:58 am

Well Isaac's mama, I am glad to hear you say "no build-up" I used some today for my flat twists and braids for the first time and wondering if there would be build-up. I find I get build-up using shea products.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Lita 6th December 2010, 12:12 am

Must give this a try...Thanks for all the reviews (Ladies)
Cant wait to use it...

Happy Hair Growing! woot!
Lita
Lita

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next