CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad experience at Washington DC Salon (Salon Revive): any thoughts?

+20
frederc3
Talisa3636
jamaicanmecurly
mediumbrowngirl
BrownSkinDiva
ChrsLvsBks
BreezyBaby
Preezie
Reshon30
danniebella
hippychic
Epiphany
lena73
NubieNatty
curlyq145
wordofpower
raina
RoseNaturalBeauty
dajewel
MizzTriniRi
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bad experience at Washington DC Salon (Salon Revive): any thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad experience at Washington DC Salon (Salon Revive): any thoughts?

Post by justchecking 22nd May 2010, 3:27 am

I'm sorry about your experience! Finding a good black salon is not easy. I haven't been to a salon in years but for the drastic change I'm making I'm going to have to set foot in one. It's hard finding a place where it's not only professional, but where they also care about your hair and are efficient.

I was reading the Yelp reviews and most of the reviews were good, mostly talking about the sisters. Vonetta's name was mentioned a few times in the bad reviews...one review mentioned that Vonetta gave her a butchered haircut.

I wish it were easier to find a trusty salon.

justchecking

Back to top Go down

Bad experience at Washington DC Salon (Salon Revive): any thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bad experience at Washington DC Salon (Salon Revive): any thoughts?

Post by Angel Eyes 31st May 2010, 11:15 am

I've been going natural for sometime and finally decided to do the big, well not so big chop, I only had a few inches left that was permed. I've been letting my hair grow out of my perm for some time since moving to DC. I've been to several salons around the DC Metro and have had some really bad experiences and have found Salon Revive to be the best!!! I tend to bounce between the sisters and been to Vonetta as well, and I've always been pleased.

Awww, I am so sorry people had these experiences, it seems shocking to me she's always so pleasant. In my experience with Vonetta she's always very professional, she gave me pointers on how to manage my hair at home to keep it moisturized.

I did ask her how to do different styles wearing my hair natural and she mentioned that she is not the best for styling hair natural but she recommended Tizita saying she's very creative for natural styles.

I still go to the salon and haven't tried Tizita yet, but I will. But Vonetta doesn't treat me different because my hair is natural or because I go to someone else, she's always focused on her client but very pleasant.

Angel Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 1st June 2010, 9:23 am

@angel eyes, although I had a different experience with Vonetta... I will say, Tizita is amazing!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Napstrong 12th January 2011, 12:54 am

I have had nothing but GREAT experiences at Salon Revive. Yodit is the lady!!! Imma have to go to her sister on Saturday since yodit is out on maternity leave. I am sososso sorry about your experience. Uncalled for!
Napstrong
Napstrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2