CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wintertime Morning Routine to revive curls

+9
ChardaeD
AFRICANEXPORT
ChrsLvsBks
LearninToLove
blondie
Succinctlyso
Queenofthe4s
HappigocurliJenn
Mrs.ATLien
13 posters

Go down

Wintertime Morning Routine to revive curls Empty Wintertime Morning Routine to revive curls

Post by Mrs.ATLien 6th December 2009, 2:04 am

Hey Ladies!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For those of you who do a wash and go, what is your morning routine to revive your wash and go in the fall/wintertime? Or do you only do wash and gos in the summertime?

I have been doing wash and gos because my twist outs never turn out right [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So I use KCCC for the wash and go and sit under the dryer, the next morning I use Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz to revive. . What are your routines????
Mrs.ATLien
Mrs.ATLien

Back to top Go down

Wintertime Morning Routine to revive curls Empty Re: Wintertime Morning Routine to revive curls

Post by HappigocurliJenn 6th December 2009, 2:48 pm

I only do W&G's in the summer... lest I get a head cold. I'm laying off bunning cause the hair in the middle of head is breaking. So this winter I'm doing two strand twists and if I'm going somewhere special I do a braid out.
HappigocurliJenn
HappigocurliJenn

Back to top Go down

Wintertime Morning Routine to revive curls Empty Re: Wintertime Morning Routine to revive curls

Post by Queenofthe4s 15th December 2009, 5:16 pm

To revive my hair I use plain water in one of those small travel sized spray bottles (think purse size) that makes a really fine mist. I mist all over, then apply Extra Virgin Olive Oil to my fingers and palms, slide my fingers through the roots of my hair and lift gently. Just enough to fluff it back out. I leave the ends alone, so that I don't ruin the twistout pattern.

Hope this helps! Smile
Queenofthe4s
Queenofthe4s

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 15th December 2009, 5:19 pm

i have a spray bottle with Tresseme Moisture condish. spritz massage and go...
Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

http://www.twitter.com/succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 15th December 2009, 5:19 pm

LOl I haven't comb through my hair in like a week.
Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

http://www.twitter.com/succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 23rd December 2009, 3:53 am

I only do wash and gos. I don't change my routine in the wintertime. I used to cowash daily (I never got sick!) Smile but then I got lazy. I just pick out w/my fingers and a little product on random ends. I spritz heavily at night, moisturize and seal, so sometimes I don't need it in the morning. It just depends on whether it needs it or not.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.ATLien 23rd December 2009, 6:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback ladies!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have altered my routine a little. I have started to use Jane Carter Nourishing cream under the KCCC to moisturize my hair, and my hair feels sooooo soft and moisturized. . . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So now in the morning I am able to use a mixture of Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz and Carol's Daughter Hair Balm, and fluff and go. Some mornings I am able to just fluff my hair and go. . . .
Mrs.ATLien
Mrs.ATLien

Back to top Go down

Post by LearninToLove 23rd December 2009, 7:57 pm

We are a Kinky Curly family over here too! I'm glad to hear it works for you. I am wanting to get that Jane Carter too...
LearninToLove
LearninToLove

http://www.my-natural-motherhood-journey.com/work-at-home-mom-to

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th December 2009, 4:08 pm

I have been home this week and trying a new gel for my warmer weather WnGs. I apply a liberal amount of a spritz made with water, HE HH conditioner and aloe vera gel then moisturize with KBB's hair cream (also seals hair). I put my hair in twists (7 or so). In the morning, I apply more cream and seal with mango butter.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AFRICANEXPORT 26th December 2009, 9:03 pm

I just posted a youtube video on this very topic. I srunch in Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner , and then srunch in olive oil after . Style and go

AFRICANEXPORT

https://www.youtube.com/user/AFRICANEXPORT

Back to top Go down

Post by ChardaeD 28th December 2010, 1:02 am

Queenofthe4s wrote:To revive my hair I use plain water in one of those small travel sized spray bottles (think purse size) that makes a really fine mist. I mist all over, then apply Extra Virgin Olive Oil to my fingers and palms, slide my fingers through the roots of my hair and lift gently. Just enough to fluff it back out.

Hope this helps! Smile

Do you re-twist at night to preserve your twist outs? That's what I currently do every night, but I'm trying to figure out if there's an easy way, like just sleeping with a satin bonnet on, not re-twisting, and trying to revive the twist out in the morning. I just know my twist outs will last longer if I r-twist every night, but sometimes I just want to sleep!
ChardaeD
ChardaeD

http://girlnotondeadline.blgospot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyGyrl 31st December 2010, 11:32 pm

Winter here in Toronto is COLD No So for winter, unless you are doing a protective style, one suggestion is to twist your hair with KCCC let it air dry. The gel in KCCC will hold your twists as if it were a wng, minus the water.
JerseyGyrl
JerseyGyrl

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 2nd January 2011, 2:06 am

"My mama said.....Don't go out in the cold with your pores open" lol! Therefore, I try to stay away from W&G's for the winter...

At any rate, I use a spritz mixture of water, EVCO, Lavender oil and EVOO to revive my curls (for any style), then use EVCO to seal it off....then I sit indoors for a while so I'm not going out with a wet head!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 3rd January 2011, 11:59 pm

I still do my wash n go's in the winter. I was worried about it at first too but colds come from germs so I don't worry about going out with my hair damp/wet. I try to do other things like my makeup/make breakfast/fix lunch, etc. after I apply my products so my hair can start drying. So far, so good, it's working like a charm.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 4th January 2011, 12:14 am

The other day I revived my wng by mixing water and condish in my hands and running it through my hair. Then sealed w/olive oil. Came out real cute.
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 4th January 2011, 12:29 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:I still do my wash n go's in the winter. I was worried about it at first too but colds come from germs so I don't worry about going out with my hair damp/wet. I try to do other things like my makeup/make breakfast/fix lunch, etc. after I apply my products so my hair can start drying. So far, so good, it's working like a charm.

LOL...because I really know that colds come from germs, but I swear everytime I go out with my "neck open" as my mom says, I start to feel down. LOL...her words never escape me! Love your curls!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down