CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Sister Needed...

2 posters

Go down

Big Sister Needed... Empty Big Sister Needed...

Post by natural+vee 28th September 2010, 9:57 pm

I am 28 and soon to be 29 on 10/24. I originally went natural July 5, 2007. I began locs August 2008 but had to cut them off June 1, 2010 due to my hair falling out. So, I have had to start all over. My first BC I wore an afro and when it got long enough I wore gel twists. THis time around, I dont want to just wear an afro. I want to be able to use my Eco Styler gel or KCCC. I have tried the eco styler and i have clumps of white stuff. I have been researching and found out that its my leave in...CANTU DOESNT WORK WELL WITH ECO STYLER. I have been using Pantene for my shampoo but I also read that wasnt good either. SO Now Im at a point where I dont know what to use...I need to find a shampoo, conditioner, and leave it....I GREATLY NEED A BIG SIS...
natural+vee
natural+vee

Back to top Go down

Big Sister Needed... Empty Re: Big Sister Needed...

Post by naturallychelsea 28th September 2010, 11:30 pm

Well there is a wonderful recipe for ecocustard on this forum which have received rave reviews:
http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/products-f4/eco-custard-t4419.htm

As for shampoo since I use them sparingly bi-weekly I use just about anything. But recently I've been feeling totally twisted as it does not leave my hair as dry and as stripped as others. But then again I do use the kimmaytube method:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1FQ79FD2VY

For condish I'm in love with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration as it make tangles melt, leaves my hair moisturised, and even works great as a leave-in. Also aussie moist is a love of mine.

For deep conditioners I love to mix up my own. I usually start with a base like aussie moist 3 minute miracle or a normal wash out conditioner (but usually aussie moist for its moisturising properties) then add ingredients like egg and mayo for light protein, and oils like coconut, olive and jojoba for shine, and honey and avocado for moisture.

Lastly, to moisturise my hair I keep it simple, I spritz my hair with water to dampen it then apply shea butter or if my hair already has shea butter in it I will seal with a light oil like jojoba. If my scalp feels dry or itchy I will massage my hair with olive oil.

Hope this helped and if you need more help just ask Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by natural+vee 29th September 2010, 8:31 am

Thank you so much! I appreciate all of this as it does help a lot!
natural+vee
natural+vee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down