CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Sister Absolutely Needed.

2 posters

Go down

Big Sister Absolutely Needed. Empty Big Sister Absolutely Needed.

Post by KinkySheaPT 14th December 2009, 6:27 pm

This is such an awesome idea! This is my first time going natural and I transitioned long term using braided extensions and occasionally trimming. I've been working with my natural hair since Feb 09 and I still have so many questions (and frustrations) and I'm always seeking great advise (which is why I'm constantly checking CN.com, tightlycurly.com, and this forum). I would love to have a big sister to help me out with my 4a/4b kinky coily hair and the tons of questions I have (and pop up). I get so darn frustrated so much with styling, breakage, maintaining moisture, pj'ing, dealing with the reaction of others, you name it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I want this to be my fist and only time being natural, but could sure use some help.
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Big Sister Absolutely Needed. Empty Re: Big Sister Absolutely Needed.

Post by Queenofthe4s 15th December 2009, 10:57 am

Hey KinkySheaPT! I would love to be your Big Sister as we seem to have a lot in common intitially. I, too, have been rocking my natural hair since Feb '09 and I have type 4a/b hair. My last relaxer was in October '08, so I have a little more than 6 inches of hair stretched, but the tightly coiled texture makes it look a lot shorter than it is. I would say my shrinkage is about 25% of my actual hair length...LOL..which makes for some crazy detangling sessions.

Thankfully, I was pretty good at styling my own hair before I started transitioning, so I feel like I have a pretty good handle on it. I've also managed to convince two of my friends to go natural (one is transitioning...one bc'd a few months ago) and I am constantly doling out advice and motivation.

Let me know if you think we sound like a match and feel free to shoot me any questions you want to start with [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Queenofthe4s
Queenofthe4s

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkySheaPT 15th December 2009, 7:00 pm

Hiyas Queenofthe4s!

You're awesome. I could totally use some tips on styling my hair as I'm not very good at it. I'd love to hear what advise you have to pass on. Thanks!
KinkySheaPT
KinkySheaPT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down