CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

+43
DvaAuNaturel
queenshakirah
arjunbarbosa
ForeverCurlyCatrina
BajanPrincess82
Tnt38
Pretty_Vee
curlista
Sebastain13
NylaCoils
KinkyNappyHappy
brandiitneka
MsJay1121
DerbyDiva
Nali1987
mstokes2008
kelleemudiva
stevenson
morehairplease
MzLaLaRochelle
Umph
jamaicacurl
Kez
sweetdrk1
curly-me-naturally
Karyn
crvng4mr
natural83
BrownSkinDiva
KeAnia
libs2001
iri9109
NaturalTina
Nikcoils
Myeka33
jlowman1
krazy coils
missmoriah
NubieNatty
WhosThatRedHead
CrissyQ
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
47 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by jlowman1 16th September 2010, 5:34 pm

CrissyQ wrote:Does anyone wear foundation?

I don't think I'm ready to go for full coverage foundation (especially not in this heat) so I'm starting out with a tinted moisturizer. Since this is my first go round, I'm going to try the one from E.L.F. Cant go wrong for a dollar! lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Makeup - Rock & Republic Sale $7 for $28 Eyeshadows!!!

Post by CrissyQ 16th September 2010, 5:43 pm

jlowman1 wrote:

I don't think I'm ready to go for full coverage foundation (especially not in this heat) so I'm starting out with a tinted moisturizer. Since this is my first go round, I'm going to try the one from E.L.F. Cant go wrong for a dollar! lol

Ok, tinted moisturizer? Never heard of it, i will check it out. I want to add a little something to my face but not quite sure on how to pick it.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 16th September 2010, 7:47 pm

I do. I wear M.A.C. Studio Tech i love how it doesn't give me the ghostly look. and it matches the best with my skin tone. it a liquid/powder mix. but when i am in a hurry i may just apply concealer around the eye area where i have dark spots.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 16th September 2010, 8:47 pm

@krazy yes I use it after the dawn. I let it sit for a couple of minutes then rinse

So yall I need help lol I went BACK to Ulta because they're having a sale until the 25th...I think I'm feeding into my make up junkie bc I can't do my hair (I'm wearing micros) and Ulta is a place where I indulge in hair and make up stuff Sad
Anyway, this will (hopefully) be my last make up purchase for the year bc I need to start saving for my purchases at the Bronner Bros hair show in Feb. Good news is I only spent $16 and I got

A pack or Ardell individual lashes and a pair of strip lashes in 120 Demi (they were 2 for $6, and they normally for for a little over $4 for a pack/pair)
2 Maybelline quads in "Give Me Golds" and Sapphire Siren
An Ulta brand nail color in "Tu Tu Cute"
An Ulta brand lip liner in "Raisin"
And a Revlon matte lipstick in "Really Red"

They have some really good deals on the Ulta brand products some of their lip items and nail polishes were just $2 and I think the foundation was going for around $8...that section was tore up though lol I'm glad I found the 2 items I got cause the good colors were probably all gone lol
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 16th September 2010, 8:54 pm

Not very often, normally just when I have my monthly breakouts Sad
But when I do wear it I wear Prescriptives liquid foundation ans set it with MAC Mineralized foundation, or I'll just wear the MAC on its own. Revlon has a Photo Ready foundation I want to try...
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 16th September 2010, 11:16 pm

Naturaltina when you mentioned that Ulta had a BOGO 50% off on some products I made my way over there (lol)! I was good I only got a NYX triple shadow quad with purples and plum and a NYX lipgloss in Copper penny.
I'm going back this weekend when I have more time to look around.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th September 2010, 12:02 am

maaaaaan i had to keep deleting Ulta's temptation...BE GONE DEVIL Evil or Very Mad i already KNEW not to enter!

@crissy; u dont need foundation im sure. its too complicated tryin to find the right complexion n mixin n matchin to get the right shade bounce i say stick to the tinted moisturizer or nmpo's concealer rec's.

@tina-ooooh i want that Narcissus, looks like my other perfect amber rose shade. and PLEASE show me the medusa cuz im oh so curious about that color. u can also find the NYX lipliners on ebay, i got a set of 12 for under $15!

ive only washed my brushes n baby poo but never followed up w/condish..good idea!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th September 2010, 12:12 am

ooooh i almost forgot to share....
so yall know for the life of me i can NOT bring myself to have a steady hand...or eye for eyeliner on the bottom. well i discovered a much better way to apply it and its soooo much easier FOR ME!! i just used the flat liner brush i had from UD (from the hautelook sale) and it went on perfectly. i swept the brush on my UD loose powder n just dabbed it along my lower lash line.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

im so proud of myself, the rest i just threw on cuz all i could think of was the accomplishment! so i call this my Martian madness look...

i used NYX African Queen lipgloss but my iphone cam does it NO justice
Neutral

but i had fun doin it Cool

NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 18th September 2010, 2:58 pm

Looking cute Nubie! I saw the NYX Medusa lipstick at Ulta and it is indeed a gorgeous purple. They only had the tester left so I couldn't get it Sad
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th September 2010, 12:07 am

@Nubie and krazy coils, congrats on your accomplishments!

@Nubie, is the NYX lipgloss African Queen or Queen of Africa? I have Queen of Africa.

I thought I had Medusa by NYX. I have Orpheus, a lilac with greyish tones--interesting color.

Tips for applying eyeliner. Here are mine courtesy of many YT videos. Please share yours.
Look down when applying to upper lash line
Try to get as close to lash line as possible
Use a flat or angled brush when using gel/cream liner
Apply liner in short strokes
For wing, start with end of lower lash line and extend up

Today's eye look using UD's ammo palette--chopper, sin & smog
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th September 2010, 7:27 am

ur eyebrows are looking GOOOOD!! ur orpheus is like my lancome "platinum" lipstick! and yes its african queen in the lipgloss but i THINK i know of ur queen color scratch

great tips for the eyeliner, i used short strokes (out of fear) w/the flat liner brush!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 19th September 2010, 12:56 pm

just letting everyone know hautelook is having stila specials on monday, lorac specials on tuesday and nyx specials on wednesday!

one day ill post makeup up pics over here...
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 19th September 2010, 1:11 pm

NaturalTina wrote:I also picked up Maybelline 'The Falsies' mascara and a dark brown Define-a-Brow pencil. I wanna see how it compares to my MAC Stud eyebrow pencil.:
i have 'the falsies'...i like it...alot...like i lost it and bought another one the next day because i couldnt not have it...idk how it compares to anything else bc i never whore mascara before lol...i dont think it looks like false lashes and i didnt think it would, but you can def tell a difference...i have the define a line and i dont like it at all, but the brow one might be better
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 19th September 2010, 11:16 pm

Here's my look for today...I was running late for church and had to throw something on
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 19th September 2010, 11:17 pm

iri9109 wrote:
NaturalTina wrote:I also picked up Maybelline 'The Falsies' mascara and a dark brown Define-a-Brow pencil. I wanna see how it compares to my MAC Stud eyebrow pencil.:
i have 'the falsies'...i like it...alot...like i lost it and bought another one the next day because i couldnt not have it...idk how it compares to anything else bc i never whore mascara before lol...i dont think it looks like false lashes and i didnt think it would, but you can def tell a difference...i have the define a line and i dont like it at all, but the brow one might be better

I don't think I like the falsies. I used it today and you could barely tell I have on mascara lol
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th September 2010, 11:57 am

NaturalTina wrote:Here's my look for today...I was running late for church and had to throw something on
Gorgeous, did you use pigments for both (lid and lower lash line)? Did you use a color from your crease to brow bone? Inquiring minds are interested, at least I am [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by libs2001 20th September 2010, 1:16 pm

iri9109 wrote:just letting everyone know hautelook is having stila specials on monday, lorac specials on tuesday and nyx specials on wednesday!

one day ill post makeup up pics over here...

hautelook is going to get me in trouble this week!

libs2001

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th September 2010, 5:03 pm

I checked Stila today hoping they had the Kajal eyeliners and a navy blue cream/gel liner. They had neither.

NOTE: Anyone have any recommendations for Lorac?

Also, I used Milk of Magnesia (CVS brand) and Monistat chafing gel today. It works for me. I added a dime size or so MOM to my tinted moisturizer. Tomorrow I will use much much less. I had too much product. I used about a dime's size. I will use a pea size or smaller tomorrow. After three to five minutes, I applied the gel. No oily skin at all today even after my 30m lunch workout.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 20th September 2010, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected spelling)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalTina 20th September 2010, 9:05 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
NaturalTina wrote:Here's my look for today...I was running late for church and had to throw something on
Gorgeous, did you use pigments for both (lid and lower lash line)? Did you use a color from your crease to brow bone? Inquiring minds are interested, at least I am [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Yes I used NYX pigment for the top and I only applied it to my lid, no color in the crease or browbone. And on my lower lash line I used a HIP duo color (Showy) wet. That's one of my 5 minute looks lol
NaturalTina
NaturalTina

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st September 2010, 10:46 am

I did a search on Lorac reviews. The Behind the Scenes primer is rated good as well as their 3D lipglosses. I'm thinking of getting the lipglosses. A couple of makeup blogs also mentioned the pigmentation of their eyeshadows.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 21st September 2010, 12:07 pm

here is todays eyes

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 21st September 2010, 12:23 pm

the lorac sale is poppin!!!! $3 lip glosses, $4 shadows
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st September 2010, 12:57 pm

Look at you Crissy! That shadow is pretty, who makes that one?
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st September 2010, 6:03 pm

krazy coils wrote:Look at you Crissy! That shadow is pretty, who makes that one?
I agree. You go Miss Thang!!!!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st September 2010, 6:07 pm

This look was inspired by a look I saw The Fancy Face do.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next