CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support Definitely Needed

4 posters

Go down

Support Definitely Needed Empty Support Definitely Needed

Post by KamsMa82 25th September 2010, 9:13 pm

An hour ago I did the BC. Most of it is curly, but there are some mini straight parts. What do I do? What products should I get to accent my curls (and straight parts) without drying it out?

KamsMa82

Back to top Go down

Support Definitely Needed Empty Re: Support Definitely Needed

Post by naturallychelsea 25th September 2010, 11:04 pm

OMG!!! I'm so happy for you congrats on taking this huge step. You might have straight hair for two reasons that I can think of firstly if you flat ironed your hair often then it could be heat damage and that could be solved by protein treatments or just giving it some time. Secondly, that just might be how your hair is the front of my hair is quiet loose so you might just have to live with it.
You could remedy the situation by two strand twisting the straight parts and releasing it. This will create a curl pattern to help your hair blend.
Lastly, to help create a curl pattern i would suggest cowashing your hair then applying a creamy leave-in and a gel. the leave-in will give your hair moisture and create a barrier between your hair and the gel which can be drying. The last step will be to seal your hair with an oil to lock in your moisture. Also there is a post where this woman gives a recipe on a mixture she uses on her hair which has gained in popularity:
http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/products-f4/eco-custard-t4419.htm

Also you could try ecostyler or kinky-curly to form your curls but remember if you want to maintain your curls and generally healthy hair you need to keep your hair moisturised.
Hope this helped and if you need help just send me a message.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 29th September 2010, 2:44 am

You may have straight ends because some of the relaxer may have been missed. Also, remember that it is possible to have MANY different textures on your head. There is no product that will create a curl pattern, the only thing gels do is clump curls and give them more weight which makes them more defined. Good luck and keep us posted. You look great in your avatar by the way!
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Support Definitely Needed Empty Thank You.

Post by KamsMa82 29th September 2010, 9:44 am

Ladies,

Thank you for your support. I feel much happier after finding some good products that make my hair look and feel better. It definitely didn't hurt that my co-workers and students (I'm a teacher) said they loved it.

Thanks again,

Rayna

KamsMa82

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 29th September 2010, 9:44 am

congrats!!!! my biggest tip would be for you to be PATIENT!!! a week after i bc'd, i could see a slight difference in my curl pattern, which was encouraging. also, i had scab hair, so it took a few months for the majority of it to "go away" so patience is a must. also, you should wet your hair and then go through again, that will help you see if you missed any relaxed ends (its easier to see them when your hair is wet; a tip from my cosmetologist friend). hth!!!
jaylin20032003
jaylin20032003

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down