CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need support! Somebody.. Anybody!!!! PLEASE

4 posters

Go down

I need support! Somebody.. Anybody!!!! PLEASE Empty I need support! Somebody.. Anybody!!!! PLEASE

Post by missartistic 23rd March 2011, 2:25 pm

Crying or Very sad I loved my BC at first, but now i am starting to panic. I transitioned for 14 months. Everyone keeps calling the short curly look "cute". Im bothered by this cause Ive always loved a more womanly, sexy, sultry look and i dont feel that my new hair fits with that image. Im 100% dont want weaves for myself, but idk what to do. im woried that my hair wont grow as fast as i anticipated, and i honestly hate the length! I dont want to feel this way, but i feel so lost and confused. I love my texture, but the length makes me feel like i have no styling options! Has anyone else ever felt like this? if so, how did u get over it?
missartistic
missartistic

Back to top Go down

I need support! Somebody.. Anybody!!!! PLEASE Empty Re: I need support! Somebody.. Anybody!!!! PLEASE

Post by FalconTress 23rd March 2011, 3:22 pm

im woried that my hair wont grow as fast as i anticipated

You are not alone. Most people have unrealistic expectations for hair growth. The average growth rate is 1/2 inch per month. Now that your hair is curly, your growth will be less noticeable because of shrinkage.

if so, how did u get over it?
I made a choice to accept that my growth rate "is what it is" and focused on developing good hair practices that would increase the probability that I would retain the hair I was growing.

How are you caring for your hair? What products & techniques are you using for styling?

Last edited by FalconTress on 23rd March 2011, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to correct a typo)

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

I need support! Somebody.. Anybody!!!! PLEASE Empty Re: I need support! Somebody.. Anybody!!!! PLEASE

Post by missartistic 23rd March 2011, 7:22 pm

I co wash 1-2 times a week, I use organix coconut shampoo and conditioner once evry other week or every three weekes depending on how my hair feels. I deep condition with a portien treatment once every other week (my hair needs a ot of moister). Use a daily moisterizer and a leave in, since its so short i dont plan in messing with it too much, im just going to let it do its thing. I picked up biotin and a multi vitimen to help aid in growth also.
missartistic
missartistic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brwnsugar24 24th March 2011, 3:35 pm

I agree you are not alone. I transitioned for about 14 months before I did my BC which was September 21, 2010. I felt the same way not sure about the length but I just keep moisturizing my hair, washing and deep conditioning it. I also did not worry about styling too much. I loved the fact that I could do a wash and go.
Brwnsugar24
Brwnsugar24

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 24th March 2011, 9:04 pm

I deep condition with a portien treatment once every other week (my hair needs a ot of moister)

Exactly what are you using as a protein treatment? I am asking because many of them do not include moisture and can be too strong to use every other week without following up with a mosturizing conditioner.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by missartistic 26th March 2011, 5:01 am

I believe its called root stimulator's hair mayonaise and Brwnsugar24 your right, i do love the wash and go! my hair doesnt take a long time to do at all!
missartistic
missartistic

Back to top Go down

Post by slimwithabs 29th March 2011, 10:02 pm

Your hair will grow. Everything in life itself takes time. Make sure you have weekly regimen which includes DEEP Treatments, leave in cond. and some good oils. You will have a lot of support on this forum. The women in this forum are awesome and always willing to give U tips.
slimwithabs
slimwithabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brwnsugar24 29th March 2011, 10:06 pm

I agree with slimwithabs. The women on here are great and very supportive. I have been on this forum for less than a month and have received so much support.
Brwnsugar24
Brwnsugar24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down