CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DvaAuNaturel

+40
kinksncurls
Prinsis
nattyblog
Renny
mstokes2008
NhappyJackie
DaButterflyBAP
LaToya28
Ms.Mai
summerbreeze76
CocoEuro
Intelligentbeauty
priceless
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
wyldhoney
BlondeByDesire
MellowOne
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
LadyMika
swoodward
EmbracingNaturalMe
cyclingchick
ChrsLvsBks
BajanPrincess82
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
NylaCoils
WhosThatRedHead
NubieNatty
Hurricane Curly
DvaAuNaturel
bholmes87
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
iri9109
Lynnieluve
44 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

DvaAuNaturel - Page 12 Empty Re: DvaAuNaturel

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th January 2011, 5:02 pm

Let the weekend begin..... woot!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 28th January 2011, 9:18 pm

Hey DVA hope everything is going well! Enjoy your weekend!!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th January 2011, 9:04 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey DVA hope everything is going well! Enjoy your weekend!!
Hey KC! I'm doing good. My weekend was fantastic. Hope you had a good one too.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th January 2011, 9:15 pm

Hey Curly Divas,

I haven't had a lot going on in the hair department worth reporting hence no hair posts. I've just been checking out what everyone else has been up to lately.

Sunday is my hair day and I decided today I would do an at home recipe. It was a major disaster. I did the Avocado Hair Wrap from the Curly Girl book by Lorraine Massey and it did not work. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad OMG! My hair was so hard, packed down, dry, and stiff. My hair felt absolutely horrible. Avocado is a protein, I later read on The Coil Review when reading about hair products from the kitchen. My silly self though I might, just might, be okay by giving the avocado wrap/mask a try. I thought my hair was protein sensitive but wasn't 100% sure and thought maybe the last time I used a product with protein in it that possibly the product was the issue and that the avocado might work better. Well let's say I figured out that my hair DOES NOT like protein at all. I'm officially protein sensitive. My hair felt absolutely horrible. I had to wash again, with a little shampoo, using my Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo and conditioner and then I smoothed/detangled my hair with the SAS condish alone since it was packed to my head. I did not like the smell either of the avocado hair mask/wrap. It smelled terrible. It was avocado, honey, and sweet almond oil. It was hard to mix; I had to use my mixer to get it smooth.

Other than this my hair has been holding up well. I realized too that I can do the CG method but I will be doing a low poo with a sulfate free shampoo at least once or twice a month. My scalp was itching something bad today. I didn't co wash at all this week. I wanted to see how long I could go without having to co-wash so regularly. I was just spritzing with water, adding a little leave in and sealing with oil.

Keep it fabulous! I'll talk to you divas later.

DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th January 2011, 9:39 pm

Sorry that didn't work. I purchased the JASON 84% aloe vera conditioner and got some Knot Today. KT was my all time fav the first time I bc'd so I had to get a bottle. I can't go without a leave it
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 30th January 2011, 11:45 pm

Yikes...sorry things didn't turn out well, but at least you found out your tolerance for protein.

I've cut down on my cowashing as well....from daily to twice per week and it seems to be ok. I did my first oil rinse a few days ago and my hair loved it. I plan to continue using castor oil for the winter and then switch it up to EVCO when the weather changes.

Have a great week, Dva!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 31st January 2011, 1:30 am

Awww! Sorry about the protein issue! At least you figured it out!

Thanks for relating to my female issues. That made me feel un-alone.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 31st January 2011, 2:09 am

i agree with Poet. Sorry about what happened but at least your were able to figure it out.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 31st January 2011, 2:12 am

Hi DVA

I"ll be there! Can"t wait to chat and catch up with everyone.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 31st January 2011, 12:12 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Sorry that didn't work. I purchased the JASON 84% aloe vera conditioner and got some Knot Today. KT was my all time fav the first time I bc'd so I had to get a bottle. I can't go without a leave it
Hey Sweet. KCKT is a staple for me. My hair loves it. That is pretty much was I use daily as my leave in. I'll have to check out the JASON AV condish you mention. I've never heard of it but my hair loves most products with AV.

cyclingchick wrote:Yikes...sorry things didn't turn out well, but at least you found out your tolerance for protein.

I've cut down on my cowashing as well....from daily to twice per week and it seems to be ok. I did my first oil rinse a few days ago and my hair loved it. I plan to continue using castor oil for the winter and then switch it up to EVCO when the weather changes.

Have a great week, Dva!

Yeah, lesson learned - no protein over here. Mad I need to try the oil rinse. I've been meaning too and just haven't gotten around to it yet but it sounds awesome. I'm going to try that out later this week. And for co-washing, I'm realizing less is more for me in winter. In summer I'll step it up some. It's funny you mention changing up oils on your hair for winter/summer. I was just telling my coworker, while we were talking about the use of EVCO, that EVOO is my preferred winter oil and jojoba will (and was) my summer oil.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Awww! Sorry about the protein issue! At least you figured it out!

Thanks for relating to my female issues. That made me feel un-alone.
You're welcome. Just when you think you're alone, there is always someone out there who can understand completey what you have experienced. It always happens. Very Happy And you are working that twistout in your avi. It is fierce! I always love your twistouts.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:i agree with Poet. Sorry about what happened but at least your were able to figure it out.
Thanks! Knowing and paying attention is always better. I'll avoid future issues.

Hurricane Curly wrote:Hi DVA

I"ll be there! Can"t wait to chat and catch up with everyone.

Can't wait to see you either on the 12th! I'm so looking forward to it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th February 2011, 1:51 pm

Hey Dva...

Just checking in on you! Your curls are poppin in your avatar. WOW so your hair is protein sensitive..well at least now you know for sure.

You know I really didn't change much for the winter as it relates to oils. My hair just love EVCO through all seasons!

Have a great weekend!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 4th February 2011, 3:10 pm

Hey Dva! It's been a long time and I'm checking on you! I'm sorry to hear that recipe didn't work for you. Gotta love trial and error! I love KCKT, too!!! I can't live without it. I don't even have to use shea butter when I use it. My hair loves that stuff! I'm glad all is with you, chica!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th February 2011, 5:34 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Dva...

Just checking in on you! Your curls are poppin in your avatar. WOW so your hair is protein sensitive..well at least now you know for sure.

You know I really didn't change much for the winter as it relates to oils. My hair just love EVCO through all seasons!

Have a great weekend!!!

Hey KNH. I'm happy I know about the protein too. I went through my products and found a Curl Junkie something Fix product that has restorative proteins. Evil or Very Mad Suffice it to say, that ended up in my swap bag for our meet up next weekend.

And it's weird because I can use products that have EVCO in them and prepoo with EVCO but my hair doesn't like EVCO if I seal with it. I tried it for some time last year and my hair didn't respond well at all. Go figure. I am just trying to be more in tune and think it might be paying off. I got a really nice compliment today about it so I'm feeling pretty darn good.

Funkyhairchic wrote:Hey Dva! It's been a long time and I'm checking on you! I'm sorry to hear that recipe didn't work for you. Gotta love trial and error! I love KCKT, too!!! I can't live without it. I don't even have to use shea butter when I use it. My hair loves that stuff! I'm glad all is with you, chica!

I need to get KCKT by the 1/2 case or something. Just ran out today and will be in Target getting more. I can't be without it. Your hair looks fab as usual. Gotta go to your house and check out what you've been doing.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th February 2011, 6:03 pm

UUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! Mad Why did I just type a lot and then clicked submit and got a server busy error. I'll try again later. DAMN IT!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 5th February 2011, 1:31 pm

Ugh! I hate when that happens...take a deep breath and please post it again. I am selfish and must have an update. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th February 2011, 10:04 pm

@ CyclingChick....lol. I have woo sah'd and I'm back. Very Happy

Okay, so here goes.

Hey Curly Divas,

I had a few rough hair days last week. I did a few things wrong and out of order and I could tell because my hair was super dry and kind of brittle feeling. I had to rewash one day and was only planning to co-wash but picked up the Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream by mistake. I NEVER shampoo without DC'ing so I 'm wondering if that gave me the 2 dry hair days I had. Nothing I did worked until I baggy'd. I baggy'd on Thursday using KCKT, Fleurtzy Curls Nuture Cream, and a little bit of Qhemet heavy cream and burdock root mixed together. I put on the plastic cap, silk scarf and turban and called it a night. I woke up with super moisturized curls that I spritzed with a little water and added just a tiny but more of KCKT and sealed with Hairveda Cocasta Oil. I added some HE Set Me Up gel and sealed again with a tiny bit of Cocasta Oil, to avoid the crunch from using gel.

I went to pick up some products, at the Hair & Body Boutique, and the woman in store (I believe the owner) complimented me a couple of times. That felt good. She said my girls were really defined and whatever I was doing looked like it was working. Okay, so I gave in too and purchased some products although I only went to get Qhemet Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm. I picked up these as well:

Darcy's Botanicals Juicy Peach Leave In
Darcy's Botanicals Coils Leave In Spray
Bee Mine Juicy Leave In Spritz
Bee Mine Curly Butter
Bee Mine Luscious Moisturzer

I know I said I was off the product wagon but I couldn't resist. THe last time I went to this store they did not have many Bee Mine so I picked up while the getting was good. I hope they work out. I love the consistency of the curly butter and moisturizer and will use them to twits and moisturize my hair. I already know the Darcy's will work and have some Coiling Jelly to go with the coils spray. I'll be sure to post my results and updates on how the products work out.

Okay, so no pics for awhile. Want to know why? My crazy freaking dog chewed up my camera Evil or Very Mad ; the camera I just got this past summer as a birthday present. Luckily my memory card is in tact so all of my pics are okay but the battery and battery compartment are completely destroyed. The screen is all scratched up. I should take her ass back to the pound.... Mad lol! But she's here to stay. I'll just have to try and see if my warranty will cover it or buy a new one. No more leaving her without something to chew on but I know there were toys out somewhere for her. She just wants to get into stuff she shouldn't.

Anyway, I have spent my day today working like crazy but I'm proud of me. I repaired my garage door. The spring broke and it wouldn't open so I googled some instructions and voila, it's operational tonight. I'll replace the other side tomorrow so both sides will be newly equal.

Today is my shampoo day so I'm dc'ing now. Going to rinse. I'll catch up on everyone's thread.

Have a great evening and week.

Keep it fabulous,

Dva
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 7th February 2011, 1:04 pm

Thank you for updating Smile

Sorry to hear about the rough hair days, but I see you worked it out...and hooray for compliments. cheers

I really want to try the DB line, but I'm trying to hold off on buying anything until Spring (basically next month, right? LOL)

cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 7th February 2011, 4:40 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Thank you for updating Smile

Sorry to hear about the rough hair days, but I see you worked it out...and hooray for compliments. cheers

I really want to try the DB line, but I'm trying to hold off on buying anything until Spring (basically next month, right? LOL)

I understand trying to hold back on purchasing but sometimes it's hard. lol! Darcy's is wonderful. I haven't had anything yet I didn't really like. I still have a couple of oils I want to try too. I hope you like it when you finally give in...just a few more weeks til sping. Wink
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 7th February 2011, 5:28 pm

Hey Dva!

Not your camera?! Noooooooooooo! Your dog wanted your attention and felt the camera was in the way! LOL

Yeah, I'mma have to get some Darcy's...funny, I say that about most of the products y'all mention! SMH

Have a good one! Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 7th February 2011, 5:51 pm

Sorry about the camera, hope it's repairable........ The compliments do help at that perfect time......

So excited to meet you and the others this Saturday....
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 11th February 2011, 5:13 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Dva!

Not your camera?! Noooooooooooo! Your dog wanted your attention and felt the camera was in the way! LOL

Yeah, I'mma have to get some Darcy's...funny, I say that about most of the products y'all mention! SMH

Have a good one! Very Happy

Hey Ryl1! How you doin (in my best Wendy Williams voice)? Razz LOL @ the dog wanting attention. But I think you might be right. How dare I leave her and not leave something to chew on....lol.

I'll get another one. You gotta get you some Darcy's. That deep treatment mask is seriously the best DC I've ever used.

MissyCee wrote:Sorry about the camera, hope it's repairable........ The compliments do help at that perfect time......

So excited to meet you and the others this Saturday....

Hey MissyCee! Thanks but I don't think that camera can be saved. My pooch had a ball and really sunk her teeth into it. Luckily though I have my memory card. All of my hair pics are on there.

I'll be looking forward to meeting you tomorrow at the meetup. See you then!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th February 2011, 7:40 pm

Dva, Dva, Dva, you outdid yourself today! Thank you for planning such a wonderful event. There were so many natural hair ladies. It was a tremendous turnout.

I absolutely I love you my Georgetown cupcake. It was moist and the frosting was oooh so good.

I look forward to seeing the pictures. How funny how things worked out re: your camera and Pam.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 12th February 2011, 7:51 pm

Hey Chrs,

Thanks so much! I'm glad it turned out well and that people enjoyed themselves. It exceeded any expectations I could have had. It was awesome to see so many natural ladies and so many new people who had never attended meetups before.

I'm glad you enjoyed the cupcake....G'town Cupcake is my place for a special treat....YUMMY!

And God is so good. Pam ended up with my camera; her battery died so she snapped pics while I worked the giveaway. YAY! woot! I just regret not getting a group photo of all the lovely ladies.

Thanks so much for doing your hairtalk presentation. I can't wait til the next one.

I didn't even get a chance to ask you about your hair. It looked fantastic...your curls were really clumped and it had so much volume. Also the color, did you recently color with henna/indigo? It was so black and shiny. Looked great!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th February 2011, 2:18 pm

Hi lady! I did three henna treatments (once a week) in early January. I have not done an indigo treatment in a while. I need to because I love dark/black hair.

For my hair Saturday, it was a wash and go. I clarified with Curls clarifying shampoo, did a 15 minute protein treatment with Joico Reconstructor conditioner and DC with Darcy's Botanical, added some agave nectar, for about 45 minutes (25 minutes with steam). For moisture, I used CJ's leave in and deep fix (only had a little of each) and Oblifica's Spiral Curls for hold (received in swap last summer).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 14th February 2011, 6:30 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hi lady! I did three henna treatments (once a week) in early January. I have not done an indigo treatment in a while. I need to because I love dark/black hair.

For my hair Saturday, it was a wash and go. I clarified with Curls clarifying shampoo, did a 15 minute protein treatment with Joico Reconstructor conditioner and DC with Darcy's Botanical, added some agave nectar, for about 45 minutes (25 minutes with steam). For moisture, I used CJ's leave in and deep fix (only had a little of each) and Oblifica's Spiral Curls for hold (received in swap last summer).

You pamper your hair so welll and it shows....gorgeous.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next