CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DvaAuNaturel

+47
Mom2KurlyT
Ebbz
wyldhoney
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
iri9109
Buttercup76
jlowman1
QuietButterfly
NaturallyCLD
priceless
coilykinks
CocoEuro
swoodward
dajewel
poeticlyspkng
Karyn
TMS
Notthecoolmom
CurlsGalore
LadyMika
AfrikanLatina
krazy coils
TheRYL1
Curly_Aquarius
CocaColaCutie
Muz
ktoliver5303
jcanalena79
newcurlieque
ChrsLvsBks
neethair
BlondeByDesire
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
NubieNatty
LaToya28
MellowOne
NhappyJackie
KinkyNappyHappy
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
SheeTacular
mstokes2008
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
51 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

DvaAuNaturel Empty DvaAuNaturel

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th March 2010, 9:43 pm

So after reading so many of the other posts on the BnB challenge thread I figured I would get in the game, albeit late. I guess that is better than never right. DvaAuNaturel Icon_biggrin I have learned so much and figured this is an even more exciting way to learn aboout my hair and from the curly vets on CN.com.

First up is my twistout on my TWA. I BC'd on 2.25.10 and have been doing wash n go's primarily. I am still trying to perfect those as well but thought it would be nice to try something new hence the twists and twistout.

DvaAuNaturel 104_0427

DvaAuNaturel 104_0428

I'll post the actual twistout pics tomorrow since I don't plan to wear the actual twists into the office. I think I need a little more fullness for that.

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 10th September 2010, 6:51 pm; edited 33 times in total
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

DvaAuNaturel Empty Re: DvaAuNaturel

Post by Lynnieluve 28th March 2010, 9:44 pm

DvaAuNaturel 879602 Welcome to the challenge!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 28th March 2010, 9:46 pm

Welcome to the BnB side!! Those twists are going to lead to an amazing twist out!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th March 2010, 9:54 pm

Thanks Ladies!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 28th March 2010, 11:32 pm

Welcome!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th March 2010, 12:35 am

Welcome to the challenge!!!! I can't wait to see the twist out Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th March 2010, 2:05 am

Welcome to the challenge!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th March 2010, 7:45 am

Good Morning Dva~

I saw your twists on Lynn's thread, and I think you did a great job!!! I can't wait to see your twist out!!! I can't wear twists to work just yet, because 1) I haven't perfected my technique and 2) I don't think it would be appropriate for my work environment. Ohhh, but when I get some length it will be on!!!

Glad you started a thread...welcome and enjoy!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th March 2010, 6:27 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Good Morning Dva~

I saw your twists on Lynn's thread, and I think you did a great job!!! I can't wait to see your twist out!!! I can't wear twists to work just yet, because 1) I haven't perfected my technique and 2) I don't think it would be appropriate for my work environment. Ohhh, but when I get some length it will be on!!!

My twistout did not come out so great. I'll post pics as soon as I leave the office. I'll stick to my curly TWA for now...lol. My co-worker who is a friend, when I said stopped staring at my hair I am having a bad hair day, said I just figured you were trying something new.

I looked like I've been electrocuted. DvaAuNaturel Icon_biggrin It's funny to me. Luckily I didn't have any customer meetings and was able to stay in my cubicle most of the day. I think I need to let it grow out some.

And I am also realizing that when I got my hair professionally BC'd the cut isn't that great. I need to go back so they can define the cut/shape of my hair better.

Oh well! Until next time. DvaAuNaturel Icon_cry
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 29th March 2010, 6:35 pm

With practice comes perfection. I bet they don't look as bad as you think. Welcome to the challenge!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th March 2010, 6:39 pm

I cant wait to see the pics. I will see if I can help you. But like NHJackie said, practice, practice, practice.

I have been wearing twist outs since my BC and I had less hair than you. You can check out my fotki in my signature to see pics.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th March 2010, 6:40 pm

Hello Dva

If your hair wasn't long enough for the twist out have your ever tried bantu knots? That is great that you have a little humor about the situation. Can't wait to see the pics sometimes we may think our hair isn't that great but to others it might be cute and new lol.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th March 2010, 7:20 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Good Morning Dva~

My twistout did not come out so great. I'll post pics as soon as I leave the office. I'll stick to my curly TWA for now...lol. My co-worker who is a friend, when I said stopped staring at my hair I am having a bad hair day, said I just figured you were trying something new.

I looked like I've been electrocuted. DvaAuNaturel Icon_biggrin It's funny to me. Luckily I didn't have any customer meetings and was able to stay in my cubicle most of the day. I think I need to let it grow out some.

And I am also realizing that when I got my hair professionally BC'd the cut isn't that great. I need to go back so they can define the cut/shape of my hair better.

Oh well! Until next time. DvaAuNaturel Icon_cry

ROTFL......for real!!!! DvaAuNaturel Lol

I am so challenged with twists...that's how I ended up in braids. You got Lynn who is the twist queen, and Tia, Sweet, Chrs, CC1121, MC, JCurl and several other ladies with these mad styling skills (and beautiful hair) I was going crazy!!! DvaAuNaturel Fresse

I realized NOW that when I did my bc my hair was a prefect shape, but noooo I thought that it was all suppose to be even. So I let my mother even it up...big mistake cause she was pist that I went natural. DvaAuNaturel Icon_biggrin

That's why we are here to learn...I agree practice, practice, and more practice is what it will take to prefect new styles while we are in our TWA phase!!! Some people like MC and BBD just have a nack for transition from relaxed to natural hair.

Hang in there, and thanks for the best laugh I've had in a week!!! Love it!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th March 2010, 8:16 pm

Okay, so here I was all excited this morning about my twists. This is my second time natural. The first time I transitioned I dealt with the two different textures and retained some length.

This time around I'm thinking just go ahead and let it go and did my BC. My hair wasn't that long anyway since I had cut it into a short pixie style.

Anyway, this morning as I was taking out my twists I was thinking WTH!? have I done to myself...my hair looked a HAM! No I kept thinking just wash it and wear it curly. But oh no, I was determined to rock the twists. I kept unraveling thinking it would look better but that didn't happen.

Here are the results of my twistout...not so good. I think I need more length. Maybe it's the weather too becuase I was not feeling my hair AT ALL today. I dont' regret going natural again, just doubting the length today.

I felt like the little 13 year old girl in 8th grade all over again who had to cut off her hair to get rid of a jheri curl (I know, I know...why, right would anyone wear that...but I did) rocking braces, conrows my mother did, and acne. WOW! My mother, bless her heart thought she was helping. I looked so pitiful.

DvaAuNaturel 104_0430

DvaAuNaturel 104_0431
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th March 2010, 9:04 pm

Doesn't look bad to me at all! I like it. What are you using for moisture? Whatever it is, it's definitely getting the job done.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th March 2010, 9:10 pm

dva u trippin! aint nothin wrong wit that twist out. all i see is plenty of curls and definition. its beauuuutiful. you got a better shape than me DvaAuNaturel Icon_rolleyes . i need to work on my shape! and it definitely looks moisturized.

im still in practice mode, sometimes my twistouts come out how i like it and sometimes they dont. its just all in the game!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th March 2010, 9:20 pm

Nubie, maybe you're right. Today was not a good one for me. First of all I DID NOT want to go to work but had so much to do and on my plate I had to. Like I said, blame it on the rain... Laughing
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th March 2010, 9:21 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Doesn't look bad to me at all! I like it. What are you using for moisture? Whatever it is, it's definitely getting the job done.

I followed what Lynnie does and used some oil on my hand while separating the twists. It was coconute oil. That definitely cut down on them being frizzy. They separated very easily.

Thanks for that tip Lynnie. Wink
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 29th March 2010, 9:28 pm

yeees, i SO did not feel like comin to work tonight so i know how u feel. if your not feelin good u look for everythin else wrong!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th March 2010, 10:22 pm

DVA, I am going to say this, I think you did a great job, however, I know how it important it is for YOUR curls to look the way YOU want. All the curlfriends will tell you that I have been on an endless search for the perfect twist out! Like everyone said practice makes perfect. Lynn is the Queen so I am sure she can help. Heck you let me tell it I still have room to grow. So don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone hear will help you out..trust me!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 29th March 2010, 10:29 pm

Your twist out looks amazing!!! I defiantly need to get me some coconut oil so I can have amazing shine like you lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 29th March 2010, 11:42 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:DVA, I am going to say this, I think you did a great job, however, I know how it important it is for YOUR curls to look the way YOU want. All the curlfriends will tell you that I have been on an endless search for the perfect twist out! Like everyone said practice makes perfect. Lynn is the Queen so I am sure she can help. Heck you let me tell it I still have room to grow. So don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone hear will help you out..trust me!

Thanks SweetDrk1. I wasn't comfortable with how they looked so I'll just keep on tyin' til I get them right.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th March 2010, 12:11 am

You're welcome Dva!!

I think your twist out look great!!! The only thing I see you could have done was lightly lift at the roots with a pick (dont pull the pick all the way through your hair). It gives you more volume. I love it!

The longer your hair gets, the more define your twist outs will be.

This was my 1st twist out....as you can see I was happy. LOL!

DvaAuNaturel Hair_p11
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th March 2010, 1:15 am

I think for the first time you did a great job too, DVA.
I also see curls and definition.
Sometimes we are our worst critics. That is why I love this community and forum because you can get real opinions, advice and suggestions. DvaAuNaturel Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th March 2010, 8:22 am

NubieNatty wrote:dva u trippin! aint nothin wrong wit that twist out. all i see is plenty of curls and definition. its beauuuutiful. you got a better shape than me DvaAuNaturel Icon_rolleyes . i need to work on my shape! and it definitely looks moisturized.

im still in practice mode, sometimes my twistouts come out how i like it and sometimes they dont. its just all in the game!

Okay Dva...I agree with Nubie!!! But thanks for the laugh yesterday anyway. I like it!!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum