CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna vs Cassia

3 posters

Go down

Henna vs Cassia Empty Henna vs Cassia

Post by Curlock Holmes 19th September 2010, 2:57 pm

If you have used both of these, which do you prefer? I have been using henna for a while, and while I like some aspects like curl loosening and ease of detangling, and even the color, I really hate how cautious I have to be when applying it. I also dislike the fact that it always stains my hands and nails, which takes months to fully grow out. Most of all, I dislike how straw-like my hair feels after I apply it. I was wondering: does cassia cause the hair to feel like straw as well? I'm considering switching over. Also, for those who use cassia, do you generally have to buy it online, or can you find it in Indian stores like you can with henna?
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Henna vs Cassia Empty Cassia and the straw feel

Post by curlybrwnbaby 20th September 2010, 1:32 pm

The first time I used Cassia I bought it online and found out later that at most indian stores they will have it in stock..but I digress. I did my cassia treatment a week after a bentonite clay treatment and my hair did feel like straw, like it was stripped of all moisture. But talking to a friend she told me my mistake was not DC after the treatments. I have used Cassia since then and added olive oil and banana to the mixture and let it sit on my head with a plastic cap for about 4h. Once I washed it out with conditioner I did a DC with honey, olive oil, and conditioner. After all of that my hair felt very moisturized and thicker. I was told that it takes a few treatments to have the full conditioning effect but I'm happy so far, next I think I want to try henna but am a little fearful about the color. I hope this helps.
curlybrwnbaby
curlybrwnbaby

Back to top Go down

Henna vs Cassia Empty Re: Henna vs Cassia

Post by Curlock Holmes 20th September 2010, 3:08 pm

Yes, that does! I'm glad to know that if I switch, I'll still have to reckon with dryness, even though I've rid myself of the stained hands Smile
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by apatte4975 9th October 2010, 8:09 pm

CurlyDee wrote:If you have used both of these, which do you prefer? I have been using henna for a while, and while I like some aspects like curl loosening and ease of detangling, and even the color, I really hate how cautious I have to be when applying it. I also dislike the fact that it always stains my hands and nails, which takes months to fully grow out. Most of all, I dislike how straw-like my hair feels after I apply it. I was wondering: does cassia cause the hair to feel like straw as well? I'm considering switching over. Also, for those who use cassia, do you generally have to buy it online, or can you find it in Indian stores like you can with henna?

In my case, henna dries my hair to the bone. It leaves my hair feeling very brittle. I've tried henna glossing and I will say that works betters for me. BUT I notice that I experience lots lots and lots of shedding after henna. I don't know what's up with that. I even deep condition and moisturize after using henna.

I find that cassia is best for me. It leaves my hair strong and not brittle or breaking or shedding.

I order my henna and cassia from www.hennahut.com

apatte4975

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 9th October 2010, 10:04 pm

Thanks, that was really helpful! My hair feels very dry after henna too, and I think I'm going to just do henna glosses until I've used up what I have left and maybe do a giveaway on my blog or something... I honestly have tried so much stuff that right now I just want to solidify a basic routine and build up from there. I may just lay off of henna for awhile and see how m hair reacts.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down