CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna or Cassia and Detangling?

3 posters

Go down

Henna or Cassia and Detangling? Empty Henna or Cassia and Detangling?

Post by Ms.Fenty 3rd August 2010, 8:56 pm

Hey ladies, I just posted a question about detangling in the transitioning forum, and somehow I found my way to this Forum.....Anyway, I see that that there are some women who use henna on their transitioning hair, so I'm considering using it. I'm not really interested in color or curl loosening (even though I wouldn't mind either one), I just want to know if it has helped with detangling.
Also I'm not too familiar with Cassia, I read about it strengthening and conditoning the hair, but has anyone experienced easier detangling after doing a Cassia treatment?
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Henna or Cassia and Detangling? Empty Re: Henna or Cassia and Detangling?

Post by R2D2 6th August 2010, 4:13 am

Yes, I've definitely noticed that it is easier to detangle my hair in general since using henna. This is probably a by product of the curl loosening effect that you've already read about.

Not sure about cassia since I have never used it. However, I've heard that cassia doesn't have the same curl loosening effect that henna does, although I'm not entirely sure why. Perhaps it doesn't coat the hair strand to the same degree that henna does and therefore doesn't weigh the strands down as much?

By the way, not everyone experiences looser curls with henna.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 7th August 2010, 11:47 am

thanks for your response, I will definitely give it a try after some more research. I feel like detangling has taken over my life (lol) and I need a break, even if its just for a while..
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyscot 17th August 2010, 8:00 pm

I use cassia on my daughter's hair (check out pics @ http://basicwoman.blogspot.com/2010/08/hair-basics-cassia-treatments.html) and found that it definitely strengthens and conditions. I did not notice much curl loosening however her hair was easier to detangle.
curlyscot
curlyscot

http://basicwoman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down