CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Anyone Tried Black Strapped Molasses in Henna Mix For Darker Color On Greys??

3 posters

Go down

Has Anyone Tried Black Strapped Molasses in Henna Mix For Darker Color On Greys?? Empty Has Anyone Tried Black Strapped Molasses in Henna Mix For Darker Color On Greys??

Post by envizionj 25th August 2010, 7:15 pm

Some of the ladies on the Long Hair Care Forum are using black strapped molasses for conditioning as well as hair darkening. Has anyone ever used it in their henna mix and achieved darker hair on their greys? Since molasses is used to make brown gravy and sauces, I was curious to know if it would have the same effect on grey hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I didn't want to make an entire mix to find out I can't get it to wash out of my hair. If it does work, I would like to know what measurements to use.

I need to henna again soon and want to shift away from the dark auburn roots to dark brown. I like to change up my hair color every now and then.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327067

Thank you in advance.
flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Tried Black Strapped Molasses in Henna Mix For Darker Color On Greys?? Empty Re: Has Anyone Tried Black Strapped Molasses in Henna Mix For Darker Color On Greys??

Post by Estiscurls 2nd September 2010, 2:51 am

Someone mentioned that they used cocoa powder in their mix and it came out a nice brown but molasses, no.
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Has Anyone Tried Black Strapped Molasses in Henna Mix For Darker Color On Greys?? Empty Re: Has Anyone Tried Black Strapped Molasses in Henna Mix For Darker Color On Greys??

Post by gemofacurlgirl 2nd September 2010, 5:01 am

I have used molasses in a henna mix and did not notice that it made my grays come out darker than they would have with just henna. I did however notice stronger strands and a more moisturizing mix .
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 2nd September 2010, 10:31 am

Estiscurls wrote:Someone mentioned that they used cocoa powder in their mix and it came out a nice brown but molasses, no.
[b]Estiscurls, adding the cocoa powder did not work for my stubborn greys although I followed the mixture instructions step-by-step. My grey roots were still auburn days later. flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 2nd September 2010, 10:44 am

gemofacurlgirl wrote:I have used molasses in a henna mix and did not notice that it made my grays come out darker than they would have with just henna. I did however notice stronger strands and a more moisturizing mix .
[b]GemOfACurlGirl, how much blackstrap molasses did you add to your mix? sunny I'm planning on using 3-4 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses in my henna mix. Jamila Henna mixed with 2 tablespoons Amla powder, 1 tablespoon Brahmi powder and 1 tablespoon Maka powder in spring water gives me stronger strands. flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 2nd September 2010, 12:31 pm

envizionj wrote:
gemofacurlgirl wrote:I have used molasses in a henna mix and did not notice that it made my grays come out darker than they would have with just henna. I did however notice stronger strands and a more moisturizing mix .
[b]GemOfACurlGirl, how much blackstrap molasses did you add to your mix? sunny I'm planning on using 3-4 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses in my henna mix. Jamila Henna mixed with 2 tablespoons Amla powder, 1 tablespoon Brahmi powder and 1 tablespoon Maka powder in spring water gives me stronger strands. flower

I did not measure I just eye balled the amount and it was about 1/4 a cup. I have also made a mix with Alma and the color results were slightly less auburn on the grays I used about 2 tbs of Alma.
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down