CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Year New Resolutions New ME

+15
NubieNatty
krazy coils
CrissyQ
queenshakirah
priceless
freckledmom4
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
KinkyNappyHappy
WhosThatRedHead
poeticlyspkng
MellowOne
nattyblog
sweetdrk1
cyclingchick
KeAnia
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year New Resolutions New ME

Post by freckledmom4 20th October 2010, 10:58 pm

Hey girl, sorry to hear you are feeling worn out. I hope you get some time to relax and take care of yourself first, hair second, this weekend.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 4 Empty Re: New Year New Resolutions New ME

Post by KeAnia 22nd October 2010, 10:48 pm

Freckle
Girl I know I am trying to get me some R&R. But it so hard. I still have to watch after Ania and the Husband who is bigger and more needy then my baby. I am just going to do something simple with my hair this weekend. She is showing her neglect a little and I don't want it to get out of hand. But I do promise I will sleep in atleast until 9:00 tomorrow Laughing
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 26th October 2010, 10:26 pm

Sugababe looks healthy. Ania's twists look great!

Please take time for you. You do not want to burn out and end up being no good to anyone Neutral . Hope things at work slow down soon--2,000 miles, wow.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 26th October 2010, 10:30 pm

Hi Ladies

So this week I washed and conditioned. I decided to try some new products. I tried mozeke almond butter, avacodo cream and the capacu butter. I don't have many complaints about the products but the almond butter has a really strong smell. I like the way my twist came out and the twist out was really nice. I did do something that I said I would never do again. I was only planning to let my hair dry some but after cleaning it dried all the way and that's how I twisted it. I will say it elongated my twist but it was so tough to comb. The capacu holding butter is very good in my opinion. it has a nice hold but it does not make my hair hard. I will be using this again this week and I will let you guys know how it works.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 26th October 2010, 10:37 pm

Chrs

Thanks I am trying hard to keep SugaBabe healthy and striving. I am trying to slow down but its the nature of the job. I honestly have to say that I love it at all other times.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 7:05 am

Hi KeAnia

Just stopping by to catch up. I see you've been busy as well. Hang in there and set aside sometime for you. Let me know when you figure out how to do that...LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 28th October 2010, 9:26 pm

Hi Ladies

Thanks for the concern. I think this week has been the breaking point. I had a crazy dispute with with my husband on yesterday (tears and all) because he wanted to cook dinner. Yes crazy I know, but that's what stress will do to you. It has been a long week and a long couple of weeks. Needless to say he made me get in the bed yesterday and today after I came in from work. I tell you stress is not good for any of us. I tell you my whole body has been acking and my neck has been so tense. I promise to take better care of my self but I am the only one. We have no family her or atleast I don't have any family here. Things with Ania has been getting busier she started TaeKwonDo this month and that is 3 times a week. I think since I got a big burden off my mind this week alot of things will get better.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 29th October 2010, 11:19 pm

Hey Lady,
I'm glad that hubby sat you down for a few. I know it's hard feeling like you have to do everything. I get like that a lot but then I realize that I'm trying to accomplish things in my own strength then I have to sit down and let go know that His strength is made perfect in my weakness. That's when I begin to let certain things go because at the end of the day some of those things that I'm stressing over really don't matter. I am praying that you will have better week dear and find time to rest this weekend.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 2nd November 2010, 11:05 pm

Hi Ladies

So I finally decided to wash my hair today. I usually do it on the weekend but I really wasn't feeling it. I hung out with the little on Saturday with some friends and Sunday after church and cooking dinner and cleaning up I sat on my sofa and did nothing for the rest of the night. Back to the hair I washed this evening and dc'd with YTC masque. I used the kimmaytube leave in used Mozeke avacado cream and flat twisted with Mozeke mango cupuacu holding butter and sealed with Vatika Coconut oil. I think I am really liking these Mozeke products. I really like the way my twist look.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 7th November 2010, 8:28 pm

Hi Ladies

This weekend I decided that I need to do a good treatment. I did an Alma treatment with a little condish for a couple of hours. I really wanted to do a henna treatment but with my schedule I haven't had the time to do that lately. I knew I had to do something because with the weather changing I am starting to shed a lot of hair and get those little knots on the ends. I have been contemplating what I am going to do with my hair since I will have to cancel my appt for my kinky twist since I will be in VA on my scheduled appt date. I have been trying not to comb and play in to much but I am not exactly sure what I can do to protect it at this length. I am going to start wearing more twist but that still leaves the ends out. I have been thinking about gettin a weave but I am just not sure. Anyways here are a couple of pics I've taken over the past week.

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 4 103_0710

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 4 103_0810

This is the style that I will be wearing this week. I can see the length but I still get a little aggrivated because I am not getting any thickness in the back of my head.

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 4 103_0811

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 4 103_0812

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 4 103_0813

I also let my neighbor warm comb Ania's hair again for her school pictures. It is amazing how much it has grown since August when she last had it done.

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 4 Img00010

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 4 Img00011
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 24th November 2010, 6:13 pm

Hi Ladies

So I've been MIA for awhile. I have been peeping through just haven't really felt much like writing. I am really enjoying seeing the pictures of everyone's hair. I have been playing in mine a little and really enjoying some of my outcomes.

I've been lying back and trying to relax. I have been trying to take care of my hair but with the weather changing it has been getting a little harder. I am starting to notice a few split ends and ties on the ends. I have continued to condition and I have also started to do some Ayuravedic hot oil treatments. I did some flat twist at the beginning of the week and I really enjoyed it. I tried to retwist and wear it for church but it was kind of a disaster. I have been wearing it all over my head.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th November 2010, 2:51 pm

Hoping all is well with you and yours!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 7th December 2010, 12:11 am

Hi Ladies

So it has really been a while since I came in a put some letters on this paper. I have been so busy that I really haven't felt like typing or for that part reading to much either. I guess since I write, drive, and read all day when I get home from work all I want to do is relax. Work is still not slowing down. I drove about 2200 miles last month and I think I am just really exhausted.
I really haven't had the time to love on my hair and I haven't really felt like it either. I usually henna twice a month and I think the last time I did was some time last month. I am coming up on six months this month and I have seen a lot of growth and I would like to see just as much or more over the next 6 month. The weather is really changing here so I am not able to do any wash-n-gos so that has really ment that I have to take out time to do twist or something to that matter and needless to say I really haven't felt like doing it at all. Well at least next month I will be getting my kinky twist.
Ok so enough of all of that chatter. This weekend I will be visiting Virginia for the NHSA yearly meeting. I am so excited to be getting away. I am always ready to travel give me a plane ticket and I'm Outtie. So with the travel coming up I really don't know what I'm gonna do to my hair. I know the weather is going to be different.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 21st December 2010, 11:40 pm

Hi Ladies

So it's been a while since I actually had something to write. I have been looking around at everyone's pages but really haven't felt much like writing. I got back for Virginia Beach last week and have been non-stop since.
I will make 6 months on the 26th and I am really excited that my hair has been doing some great growing even though I have not been having the time to properly take care of her. I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 22nd December 2010, 11:00 pm

Hi KeAnia,
I hope that you have a very merry Christmas too! Congrats on reaching 6 months. I will do the same on the 30th!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th December 2010, 3:31 pm

Happy 6 months!!! Merry Christmas!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 4 Empty New Year New Resolutions; Time for ME

Post by KeAnia 3rd January 2011, 2:38 pm

Hi Ladies

First and foremost Happy New Year. I want to wish you all much prosperity and success in this New Year.

Hair I must say that I made my 6 months but I still have not did any measurements. I know for some the measurements are really important but for me they are not. I know that I have growth so that is what makes me really happy. I have not been taking care of my hair as well as I used to but I promise for the new year a lot will be different. I am going to try to put myself first or atleast second this year. I know what I need to do and how I need to do it but I just have to settle down and do what needs to be done. I love you all like sisters and I find that when I don't have the time to sit and type or visit the blogs I don't take as much care of my hair as I need to.

I have a couple of goals for myself this year and I want to start the New Year off right. I am going to take better care of my hair, my self by going back to the gym, and I am going to try to visit and keep you guys updated at least 2-3 time a week.

Ok guys so I put it out there now let's see how well I'm gonna do this year.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd January 2011, 6:37 pm

Happy New Year KeAnia...

Congratulations on making 6 months. I don't measure my hair a lot, but I know it is growing as well. Look forward to keep up with your journey....good luck with your work-out regiment. You can do it!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 3rd January 2011, 8:42 pm

Thanks KNH

I am looking foward to the new me. I just really have to find the motivation. I know its out there I just have to find it.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 6th January 2011, 10:21 pm

Hi Ladies

So I'm gonna try to do like I said I would. I haven't done that much with my hair this week. I have been wearing a twist outsince Tuesday. I wore twist for about 4 days and I will be wearing my twist out until I can't wear it anymore. I really like wearing it because it is kinda wild and makes a statement.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 12th January 2011, 11:08 pm

Hi Ladies

Just stopping in for a quick update. This is the week that I get my sisterlocks. I am so excited. I haven't had any since I was transitioning. I am loving my hair right now but I also need to give it a break from this unusual louisiana winter. So I think I will be doing some kind of DT tomorrow night and in that chail I will be on Friday.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 20th January 2011, 11:18 pm

Hi Ladies

I just wanted to check in to let you guys know that all is well on my end. I got my kinky twist last friday and I am enjoying every minute of it. I think that break is going to do my hair good. I am still spritizing nightly and puting castor oil on my scalp at least 2-3 time a week. I want to do an ACV rinse but I really need to get the know how because the smell of the ACV makes me sick to my stomach so I have to make sure I get it all out. On another not I think I am going to start a cleanse this weekend. I am suppose to do it for ten days but I am going to take one day at a time.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th January 2011, 11:27 pm

Hi KeAnia

I enjoyed my kinky twist when I had them, so I know how you feel. Remember to take good care of you hair even though you've put it away.

I did a ACV rinse once, and I don'd know why I haven't tried it again!!

Good luck with your cleanse...I need to do one, but I'll just keep eating my apples everyday. (that really works for me) LOL

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 21st January 2011, 4:19 am

heeeeey keke!! happy new year!! did u ever get my package scratch i cant remember u confirming it or not??? anyhoo, enjoy ur kinky twist. im sure ur gonna miss YOUR hair like i did.

when i do my acv rinse, i do it before i poo (its actually KBN's growth rinse) and its soooo soft.

good luck on the cleanse, i need to be doin one myself.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st January 2011, 2:24 pm

Hi Ke,
Happy New Year to you! I hope all is going well for you.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next