CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Year New Resolutions New ME

+15
NubieNatty
krazy coils
CrissyQ
queenshakirah
priceless
freckledmom4
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
KinkyNappyHappy
WhosThatRedHead
poeticlyspkng
MellowOne
nattyblog
sweetdrk1
cyclingchick
KeAnia
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 Empty Re: New Year New Resolutions New ME

Post by KeAnia 1st September 2010, 11:51 pm

Hi Ladies

I've been checking out everyone elses thread and haven't been looking in on my own. I made my 2 month anniversary last week and I am so exited about my growth. I did do a little measuring but no with an actual ruler. I just made some marks on an envelop. I have really been excited. I think this is the most I've ever taken pictures in my life.

I am planning to do a henna this weekend with the pepereka(?) added. I'll post some pictures for you guys. I'm also entering the 3 month challenge.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 Empty Re: New Year New Resolutions New ME

Post by priceless 2nd September 2010, 12:13 am

hello and welcome to the block I know i am a little late but decided to comment

I enjoyed reading your thread so far and think that you are off to a good start. I see you looking for oils, I started out with buying EVOO, avacado oil, castor oil, and EVCO (extra virigin Coconut oil). I mainly use the EVOO and EVCO to seal in the moisture in my hair. The castor oil and the avacado oil i always have used them in a mixture. The castor oil is suppose to help with growth so i was using that faithfully for a while and i got a little growth. You will find alot of mixtures you can do with these oils that will make them last.

Hope you enjoy your week
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 2nd September 2010, 6:33 pm

Hi Ladies
Just posting some new pics.

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 102_0010
Some twist I did Sunday Night

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 102_0011
The Results

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 Fro10
My First Chop

Some Pictures Of Growth @ 2 Months
New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 102_0012

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 102_0013

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 102_0014
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 2nd September 2010, 6:37 pm

@ Priceless

Thanks alot for the advice.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 2nd September 2010, 7:33 pm

love the chop pic and the headband pic!
good luck with the henna. i henna once a month, my hair LOVES it. afro
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 5th September 2010, 7:07 pm

@ Queen
Thanks alot. I try to henna one a month and with my left over's do a Henna gloss 2 weeks later.

On the other hand I was suppose to do my henna on friday night but i had a some family to come in town for the Gramblin/Tech football game so those plans went out the window. Since I have an extra day this weekend I will henna tonight and rinse in the morning. I don't know if I want to try the chunky twist tomorrow or do some smaller ones. Either way I have to be presentable for work on Tuesday Morning.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th September 2010, 7:49 pm

I was catching up and my honey uses my stuff AND complains that I buy to much! Lol I just tell him to sheddup and keep it movin!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 6th September 2010, 4:21 pm

Hi Ladies,

Well today we are just sitting around the house. I rinsed my henna this morning and washed with a new shampoo that I must have gotten from one of the agencies when we arrived here after Katrina. Anyways it is an Aloe-Jojoba Shampoo. I'm not sure how if I will continue to use it because after reading the ingredients there are parabens and sulfates in it. I then conditioned with YTT and used infusium and suabe naturals coconut as my leave in. Used a little Shea Moisture Curly Custard, Shea Butter and Olive Oil mixed.

I did have a little white fuzzies but since I was sitting around the house it really didn't matter. I am thinking about doind a protein conditioner. I think that may bee what it needs since it is a little dry. If any of you all any other suggestions I am open to them.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 8th September 2010, 12:07 am

Hi Ladies

So I have done 2 things since I last posted.
1. I made me a couple of orders this evening. I ordered me some henna, cassia, alma, and hibusus leaves and Vitaka oil. I also made me a purchase of some jojoba oil and castor oil.
2. I finally figured out a name for my hair. I think I'll call her "SugaBabe"
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 8th September 2010, 12:42 am

SugaBabe...great name! Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 8th September 2010, 3:56 pm

My hair feels dry a lot as well, but check out this article before you do a protein treatment. It also offers product recommendations. It was a little confusing at first, but it makes sense. I found that a lot of my products already contained protein and my dryness was a result of protein overload. Adding moisture has helped a lot over the last week or 2. Trying to find the right balance has been difficult for me so far, but I'm learning.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?cat=69
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 10th September 2010, 8:14 pm

Hi Ladies

Time for a reality check. I came into this Natural state honestly thinking it would be easier for me. SIKE!!!! I have to say that this has been one of the most challenging times I have had with my hair in a long time. I am not saying that I regret my decision in no way but I am saying I was not ready for all the work. I am still trying to find products that are compatible with my hair. Styles that I actually feel comfortable wearing with out people mistaking me for gay (I have nothing against gay's), or that I won't look crazy wearing.
I honestly thought this was going to be a walk in the park. I was going to be able to do wash-n-go's on a daily basis and it would be beautiful. I must have really not been thinking because I thought I was going to take my sandy brown fine textured hair and remove the perm and I would have these JUICY twist or fro that I could rock like really hard. REALITY CHECK My hair is much more healthier and growing really fast but it is still fine. I have not found the really JUICY twist I wanted to wear and I am really find that I am having the hardest time finding products that SugaBabe likes.
EXPENSIVE!!!! can we say. I have always known that organic and natural products cost more than the others but I never thought I would see and 8oz jar of product for $56.00. I also knew that I was living in one of the most unmarketable cities in the U.S., but I never thought I would have such a hard time finding products. I mean really if it were not for the few brands sold at Target I would have not natural product without ordering them.
WORK!!!! I have never spent so much time in my hair trying to make it do what I want it to do and look good. Back in the creamy crack days I could pulg up the flat iron and do my thing. Now it is totally different. SugaBabe is training me I am not training her. We fight constantly and she is killing my poor arms.
I hope we have not left you guys with the wrong impression I love her and I think she is learning to love me but it is ttakking longer than I could have ever thought. I am in no ways discouraged but I have foung myself having a serious REALITY CHECK. I am going to have to get my lazy butt up and do what I need to do. I know exactly what it is I need to do and I am going to have to do it. I am finding that SugaBabe is making me re-evaluate my whole life and how I need to make alot of changes. I mean mentally, physically and emotionally, especially physically.
I am still looking for some good products. I don't have the funds to fully indulge in PJism, but I do want to try some other thinks. Any suggestions?
Thank you guys for listening and I hope I haven't bored you all.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 10th September 2010, 11:28 pm

Hey Ke,
I totally feel you! I get tired of messing with my hair and watching yt vids on how to do this or that and I have never spent so much money on my hair in such a short time, but I look at it like this, it is like learning anything new. You are going to have to go through trial and error, research, & investing time and money. The reality is that even when a person is relaxed they have bad hair days, so too will natural beauties. I had to totally reprogram my perception of beauty and hair. This has definitely been WORK, but at the end of the day, I'm glad I did it. I'm sure you and Sugababe will figure this thing out.

As for looking for products, I try to find people who have hair similar to mine and complain about the same things I complain about-dryness, frizzies etc. Then I read all the reviews I can find. On top of that, I'm kind of snobby when it comes to ingredients-if it has more than 3 things I can't pronounce or readily recognize-I don't buy it. I also have a price cap for my products. I can't say that I have been disappointed in too many of my purchases. What kinds of products are you looking for?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 11th September 2010, 1:39 am

Hi Ladies I did it and I am liking it.

url=https://servimg.com/view/15509543/35]New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 102_0017[/url]

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 102_0018

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 2 102_0019
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 11th September 2010, 2:55 pm

You go girl (in my Sha-nae-nae voice)!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 11th September 2010, 4:25 pm

Freckle

Thanks girl I am trying hard girl. I think I will try to keep these for about a week. Product wise I really don't know what I am looking for. I may go and buy the Carol's Daughter Twisting Butter. I want to just try a few new things. I have only a few in my collection because I hate to pay shipping and handling and I like to see the consistancy of a product before I put it on my hair. I really just want to try to put a few new staples in my products. I only have a very few and I am finding that I need more. The really problem is that I can only get my hands on Giovanni, Shea Moisture, Carol's Daughter that I am familiar with. I have seen a few others like Jason's and Alba but I am not familiar with them.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th September 2010, 4:37 pm

Those twist look great, I am still trying to perfect mine.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 11th September 2010, 5:19 pm

Crissy

Thanks it has taken me a while also. This is the first time I have done them and I like them enough to wear them out of the house.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th September 2010, 5:38 pm

I like the twists. Can't wait until my hair is long enough to do that.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 12th September 2010, 1:26 am

Hey Keania,

Love the twists and I understand your frustration. I thought I was going to be a wash n go girl and wear my hair curly everyday but it didn't work for me No . If you are looking to try Carol's Daughter check the Marshalls or TJMaxx in your area because sometimes they have some of her products cheaper than you would find at other stores or online.

Here are some suggestions for products which don't cost a lot and can be found locally. Since you do twists I would suggest the ORS twist and lock gel which can be found at Sally's or your local BSS. Its not hard like a gel and and gives good definition. Also the Sheamoisture line at Target, the deep condiontioner can also be used as a leave-in and I've used this to do twists together with the ORS twist and Lock or it can be used by itself. Also Elasta QP Mango Butter can also be found at Sallys and the BSS. I haven't tried this one but I've seen good reviews from other naturals. I hope this helps Smile
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th September 2010, 1:41 am

Hi Keania...

Your twists look good. I admire the fact that you are still focused on your natural journey. It is a lot of work, and you will have moments where you get frustrated trying to find the right product for your hair. (cute hair name by the way) Anyway....I will tell you what one wise curly told me...when you find a product that works for your hair...stick with it!!

Did I listen...NO!! LOL but it's been fun trying different products!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 12th September 2010, 8:38 pm

@ Krazy

Thanks for the input I may look for the Mango Butter by Elasta QP. I have heard about it also but I haven't seen it.

@KNH

Thanks for the advice. Someone told me the same thing but I just feel like I need something else. I love the shea moisture products I have and a few of Carol's Daughter except they all smell alike and I have to be in the mood for that smell. I really need me a good leave in. I was going to purchase the KCKT but my target was out of it. I also saw that it is out online at a couple of places so I gather it is on back order. Anyways, I am enjoying my journey and I wouldn't change it for nothing.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 15th September 2010, 9:02 pm

Hi Ladies

Just a little of whats going on. I received my Jojoba and Castor oils that I ordered. I am still hoping that I get my order in from BNB before the week is out so that I can use it to Henna this weekend. I have been dealing with Ania's hair and her scalp. I have decided to continue the meds and shampoo from the doctor and stop putting rubber bands in her hair. I am still putting the castor oil and shea butter on her hair but I think I am going to buy some Tea Tree Oil for her scalp.
As for me I am still rocking my twist. I want to keep them in but this is also my week to do my Henna. I enjoy the freedom of the twist and all I have to do i place a headband on them and we are good to go. I really didn't think I was going to like it but the older they get the more I like them.
I am still looking for a good leave in conditioner. I haven't checked back at target for the KCKT but I will this weekend. I think I have used my surplus this month so I'll just be looking around for different items.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 17th September 2010, 11:15 pm

Hi Ladies

So tonight is my night that I am suppose to be doin g my henna gloss but since the hubbie is off tonight I decided that I would spend some quality time with the hubbie and Ania. I took out the twist and wore a nice twist out today. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Can't say I have many complaints I just wish it was a little bigger.
I don't know what I'm going to do with my hair for next week but I may do the henna gloss tomorrow for a few hours instead of over night. I may decide to do some wash n go's next week. Who knows.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 19th September 2010, 12:56 am

I am so proud of myself. I braided my daughter's hair tonight for the first time. Yah Me (London Tipton Voice)
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next