CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want a Big Sister too :'(

2 posters

Go down

I want a Big Sister too :'( Empty I want a Big Sister too :'(

Post by MelMelBee 3rd August 2010, 12:48 am

Ok, so I've been on my natural hair journey since January 2010. I'd stopped relaxing my hair (mainly in the crown) since about 2008 as my hair was so fine, it could be pressed to appear straight. When I was younger, my hair was very long and very thick. It would take an entire Saturday to get it washed detangled, conditioned and styled (God bless my mother). Got my first relaxer at 13. It was good up until I went to college. I bleached it, dyed it, weaved it, braided it...basically destroyed it. It began to literally fall out! I think stress added to the whole mix. I'd gotten it cut in the past and my recent cut has lasted for about 4 years. I'm finally ready for it to grow back.

I never considered myself natural or curly. I just knew I wanted healthy hair. As soon as I stopped relaxing my whole head and began using natural products (Carol's Daughter), the itching, brittleness, and breakage began to stop. It's actually growing!!! YAY! But Carol's Daughter doesn't really help the curl...3c.

The dilemma???? What products should I use and for what? My hair is very thin in the front. Wearing it in it's natural state often hides the fineness (for lack of a better word). I know it's very porous as well (did some strand test). Recently my stylist recommended Phyto products (I need a loan to buy this stuff). I'll admit I'm a bit of a PJ and will give a line of products a solid try. I don't like to mix them up very often though...so I'll use the Phyto until the bottles are empty. Does anyone know what combinations of ingredients will work with my hair type? I'm afraid that the heavy oils will weigh it down too much and that all the protein in the Phyto line will make it hard. In addition, I will be doing my first henna treatment (so excited), but I don't know what DC to use afterwards.... Can oils serve as a DC? Help Please!!!!!!!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

I want a Big Sister too :'( Empty Re: I want a Big Sister too :'(

Post by MEGAFAITH 3rd August 2010, 10:20 pm

I WOULD SUGGEST USING HENNA ITS HAS A LOT OF GOOD BENEFITS JUST CHECK OUT THE LINK THAT SAY HENNA ON THE MAIN PAGE OF THIS WEBSITE. I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST SHEA MOISTURE PRODUCTS READ SOME OF THE REVIEWS THIS BRAND IS SOLD AT TARGET I USE SHEA MOISTURES PRODUCTS ON MY HAIR I LOVE EVERYTHING FROM THE SHAMPOO TO THE CONDITIONER
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by MEGAFAITH 3rd August 2010, 10:26 pm

I WOULD SAY OILS CAN SERVE AS A HOT OIL TREATMENT WHEN USED WITH A HOOD DRYER FOR 20 MINS AND A DEEP TREATMENT WHEN LEFT ON HAIR OVERNIGHT WITH A PLASTIC CAP I DID THIS WITH EVVO AND THEN CO WASH THE NEXT MORNING MY CURLS WHERE SO DEFINE AND MOISTURIZED U SHOULD TRY IT AND TELL ME WHAT U THINK
MEGAFAITH
MEGAFAITH

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 3rd August 2010, 10:50 pm

Hi Megafaith!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm waiting for my henna in the mail, so once I henna, I will follow up with the EVOO trick. Thanks so much. I'll definately let you know how it turns out! Your hair is gorgeous, so I'll try it! Smile Unfortunately, the targets up here do not sell Shea Moisture, but I'll be looking around for it!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down