CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just BC and in need of a Big Sister

2 posters

Go down

Just BC and in need of a Big Sister Empty Just BC and in need of a Big Sister

Post by daniqueb 28th July 2010, 7:25 pm

hello all! With the help of my dad ( a barber) I big chopped on July 25th,2010. I have been transitioning since August 4, 2009 and I got tired of the two textures so I was ready to cut it all off. &&& I did I love it, I feel better and more confident. I ready dont see a curl pattern and I don't know why. Now Im am in the process of finding the right products for me and trying different styles no real success yet, thats why I am hoping for a big sister to help me out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

daniqueb

Back to top Go down

Just BC and in need of a Big Sister Empty Re: Just BC and in need of a Big Sister

Post by BellaLuna 28th July 2010, 10:13 pm

Hey! Congrats on your BC, it looks gorgeous! I just BC'd 2 weeks ago but the ladies on CN are great!!! I have learned that it is all trial and error. What is your routine as of now and what products are you using?
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Just BC and in need of a Big Sister Empty Re: Just BC and in need of a Big Sister

Post by daniqueb 28th July 2010, 10:26 pm

Thanks! right now I try to cowash 2-3 times a week because my hair is super dry I use Creme of Nature Chamomile & Comfrey Conditioner. I have yet to find a good leave in so now its bascially just water mixed with castor oil. And I moisturize with Organics by Africa's Best Shea Butter and Tea-tree oil. This is all new to me so Im kinda lost

daniqueb

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaLuna 28th July 2010, 10:43 pm

Trust me I know that feeling lol. I was on here every day religiously looking for help. I hear a lot of women on here love Giovanni's leave in conditioner, I tried it but it made my hair a little hard so I stopped using it. I use Kinky Curly Knot today leave in conditioner and I love it! Leaves my hair super soft, you can find at whole foods or order it online. I suggest just asking everyone as many questions as you can, the women on here are all at different stages and extremely helpful. Do you know your hair type? It often helps figuring it out so you can seek the advice of women with your hair type. Hope it I was helpful even though I'm new at this myself Smile
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by daniqueb 28th July 2010, 10:51 pm

I have heard a lot about Giovanni's my hair gets hard easily but I may try both and see what works best for me. I don't know my hair type i have a few very curly pieces in the middle but the majority is just "puffed" lol I was told that maybe because I just BC my pattern is not totally defined yet so I am trying to be patient. && thank you your are being helpful

daniqueb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down