CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch

+3
Niqui36
goombagirl
jlowman1
7 posters

Go down

Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch Empty Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch

Post by jlowman1 15th July 2010, 2:44 pm

Am I the only one that found this show UTTERLY boring? These reality shows follow the same pattern, there's always: the ditzy white girl, the angry black woman and the light skin/long hair vixen with the big boobs and butt. There has also been controversy about his choice or lack of black women on the show. I just find it weird that he chooses to date/be seen with only women of a lighter complexion but his three four beautiful children are the products of black women. I mean to each his own but...it sounds like a contradiction to me! Here's an excerpt from a recent interview he did with Essence:

ESSENCE.com: Your show "Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch" premiered
on Sunday and you've caught a lot of flack because you only chose two
Black women. How do you feel about that?

OCHOCINCO:
I don't understand why. Those who know me didn't
think twice about it because they already know how I am. I deal with all
types of women. My mind set is that I think outside the box. I'm all
over the place and I want to experience everything. There's nothing
wrong with [Black women] at all. If I did it the way they wanted
though, there still would have been something to fuss about. It's a
lose-lose for me because no matter how I do it, there's going to be an
argument. I did Wendy Williams yesterday and I said for those who are
offended about it, I apologize. But if you ever run into me, you'd date
me.

ESSENCE.com: Are you surprised that Black women feel
the way they do about your show?

OCHOCINCO:
I can't do anything about that. I've never heard other
races complaining about their men dating outside of their race besides
Black people. I hate that we continue to pull that race card. Experience
life in general. It's not that there's not enough of us because I'm
going to deal with y'all anyway, I always have. [People] make it an
issue because it's now on camera.

ESSENCE.com: Can you understand where some Black
women are coming from?

OCHOCINCO:
Yeah, but I still can't appease you. I have a preference.
I'm not trying to appease you on my show. I'm trying to find happiness
for me and it doesn't come from just dealing with one type of woman.

WEIGH IN LADIES! What are your thoughts?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch Empty Re: Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch

Post by goombagirl 21st July 2010, 12:36 pm

I had two thoughts on this that I posted on another thread. They are:

1. Why is it that when a successful black man wants a baby's mama, he picks us? You know, someone to get the stretch marks, someone who has to fight to prove paternity, someone who will experience single motherhood. Why now, since he's looking to potentially wife someone, wine and dine someone, provide for someone she's not black?

2. http://theybf.com/2010/06/01/chad-ocho-cinco-johnson-no-black-girls-on-my-dating-show

need I say more????????
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 21st July 2010, 12:54 pm

I remember seeing that post on TheyBF & I totally am on the same page with your thoughts. Its RIDICULOUS!

Obviously this hasn't always been his "preference" because he has kids by black women.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 25th July 2010, 2:56 pm

I can't believe he said Black people are the only ones who complain about dating outside their race! Does he not know there was a time he would have been KILLED for even looking at a white woman? If that's not a complaint, I don't know what is.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 27th July 2010, 1:20 pm

@ Niqui36 Agreed. My brothers have white female friends who openly admitted to them that they can't take them home if you know what I mean so it's not that far of a stretch for me to imagine that nice white men are discouraged from bringing a nice black female home for dinner.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 28th July 2010, 8:48 pm

This show is so so so ignorant. I couldn't get past the first 10-15 minutes. I couldn't believe how disrespectful he was during the opening show. Ethnicity aside, no woman should be marginalized and that's exactly what his show, along with the other crappy dating shows do to our gender.

VH1 just needs to stop...immediately.
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th July 2010, 8:58 pm

I saw Ochocino this weekend when I was in New York. I didnt know who he was. He was at Sylvia's in Harlem.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 29th July 2010, 4:47 pm

Is he as fine as he THINKS he is? lol
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th July 2010, 4:51 pm

I was gonna ask the same question @BajanPrincess82! As "HE" thinks he is because he is not cute to me at all. I think its probably because of his arrogance.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th July 2010, 5:24 pm

He had on a smedium, yes a smedium tshirt showing off his upper body. He looked good if you like small guys. He was nice too. He stopped to take pics.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 29th July 2010, 9:40 pm

LOL! I thought I was only once who aint think he was cute.like seriously...PASS! & I have to agree with him that either way it would have been a lose-lose situation.[ as vh1 reality show has proved to be] If he had more black women everybody would have resorted to complaining about how all the women were being portrayed as ghetto, and blah blah blah [ ect. Flavor of Love] He cant appease people. if that man has a preference let him have a preference! lol.the media is complaining like "oooooh why didnt you pick more black women to degrade on national television." lol,seriously, Im glad he didnt! I see where yall are comming from to, but in all honesty, id be angrier if he was dragging in black women and handing out stripper names like 'boots' 'new york' and 'deelishis' [Flava or love, For the Love of Ray J].If I had to pick between degrading our race or not including it....i rather he just not include it!! lol
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 30th July 2010, 12:31 am

Mangos&Bananas wrote:LOL! I thought I was only once who aint think he was cute.like seriously...PASS! & I have to agree with him that either way it would have been a lose-lose situation.[ as vh1 reality show has proved to be] If he had more black women everybody would have resorted to complaining about how all the women were being portrayed as ghetto, and blah blah blah [ ect. Flavor of Love] He cant appease people. if that man has a preference let him have a preference! lol.the media is complaining like "oooooh why didnt you pick more black women to degrade on national television." lol,seriously, Im glad he didnt! I see where yall are comming from to, but in all honesty, id be angrier if he was dragging in black women and handing out stripper names like 'boots' 'new york' and 'deelishis' [Flava or love, For the Love of Ray J].If I had to pick between degrading our race or not including it....i rather he just not include it!! lol
You made me actually laugh out loud reading the "stripper" names!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 30th July 2010, 2:54 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:
Mangos&Bananas wrote:LOL! I thought I was only once who aint think he was cute.like seriously...PASS! & I have to agree with him that either way it would have been a lose-lose situation.[ as vh1 reality show has proved to be] If he had more black women everybody would have resorted to complaining about how all the women were being portrayed as ghetto, and blah blah blah [ ect. Flavor of Love] He cant appease people. if that man has a preference let him have a preference! lol.the media is complaining like "oooooh why didnt you pick more black women to degrade on national television." lol,seriously, Im glad he didnt! I see where yall are comming from to, but in all honesty, id be angrier if he was dragging in black women and handing out stripper names like 'boots' 'new york' and 'deelishis' [Flava or love, For the Love of Ray J].If I had to pick between degrading our race or not including it....i rather he just not include it!! lol
You made me actually laugh out loud reading the "stripper" names!

M&B, I never thought of it that way. I totally agree.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down