CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics

+37
iri9109
CocoEuro
krazy coils
curly-me-naturally
TMS
jlowman1
LadyMika
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curlsunfurled
SheeTacular
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
Karyn
Juices-n-Berries
Curly_Aquarius
DvaAuNaturel
newcurlieque
CrissyQ
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
mstokes2008
CocaColaCutie
Intelligentbeauty
MahoganyCurls
Shauny
Lynnieluve
Muz
NubieNatty
LaToya28
tiashaunteé
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
ktoliver5303
41 posters

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

Go down

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Empty Ktoliver5303

Post by ktoliver5303 17th March 2010, 12:26 pm

DEEP BREATHE..... I have been in and out of threads and have been on this forum for sometime now. For those who do now know me here is my story...

I am 27 years old. I love reading and long walks on the beach... HA HA JUST KIDDING...

Ok **serious now** I am a 27 year old wife to a very supportive and loving hubby and mother of three beautiful boys. Their ages are 5 (will be 6 on the 30th) going on 30. I have a 10 year old, and a pre-teening, hormonal, Mr popularity, have to stay fly 12 year old (sigh). I am have been a permie for as long as I can remember. My mom is a beautician and as far as I can remember I have always been her lil guiney (?sp) pig. I NEVER had to do my own hair EVER!!! Well as most of you know I am currently stationed in Bag-h-dad Iraq as a Civilian Contractor. I am in my 4th year here and for the longest time I had to depend on my friends do give me a perm because.... I did not know what to do with my head.

2008 Family Vaca Orlando, FL.

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Fam_va10

I had a Super Sweet 26 Birthday party and the gift to myself was some hair extensions called hair locks. When I say I thought I was a whole new level of fly... But I did not think that because I could not but any grease in my hair it would have a lot of damage boy was I WRONG!! I ended up cutting my hair so that i can get all of the dead hair off. My hair was paper thin at the tips. So I put a perm in my hair so that I can get braids to go on my next vacation. That was June 3, 2009. It was also my last perm. I got braids so that I could go on a family vacation to Trinidad and would not have to worry about my hair at all. I came back to work and there was a natural sista that I thought her hair was banging. Even though most of the chics looked at her like wtf is wrong wit her head. I looked at her hair as being super healthy and pretty. Well after talking to her for a week or two I decided to go natural.

The Hair locks for my SS26

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Vactio15

Hubby and I on SS26

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Vactio17

The cut after damage

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Img_3211

**BACKLASH!! BACKLASH** As soon as I said I wanted to go natural my friends and boss ( he I can tell was made fun of as a child because he feels the need to point out everyone flaws in his mind). Well I stuck to it and took my braids down and said I will do transition styles until I got home for Christmas 2009... I took my braids down Sept 1 and I did the Braid out... Then rocked a wig. I am not a wig person AT ALL. So one day I got frustrated and got up.. walked across the street to the Beauty Shop snatched the wig off my head and in a trimbling voice said CUT IT ALL OFF!! AND I DID IT!! I was 100% Natural on September 10, 2009. Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics 678474

Braids (don't hate on my towel, I was rocking it)

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Img_0811

Me after BC (wearing my shower wrap.. Dont judge me..LOL!!)

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Img_0913

Since then I have been doing a lot of trial and error but I am loving every min of it. SOOOOOO here I am Natural Ktoliver5303. On a natural Journey to Rock out with my fro out in whatever city or country I am in. I figured I am on here everyday, all day, anyway.. Might as well start in the BNB wit the rest of you lovely ladies. I put a post on my FB page a couple of days ago stating... Baytown/Houston Texas ARE YOU READY!!

At work with my flower headband ( October 2009)

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Img_1011

Christmas Morning (2009)
Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Img_1312

New Year Hair ( I was sick like a dog and slept that night away)

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Img_1313

Whew.. That turned out long....

ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Empty Re: Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th March 2010, 10:57 pm

Welcome! Your hair grows fast. Whatever you are doing you are doing well. Have fun here!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Empty Re: Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics

Post by sweetdrk1 17th March 2010, 11:06 pm

welcome KT!! great story!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th March 2010, 11:09 pm

Welcome ktoliver!!! I've been seeing your posts around the site and I'm glad you're starting your own BnB thread Smile
OMG I loved your Christmas hair! Super cute!!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 18th March 2010, 7:14 am

Thanks bholmes87,sweetdrk1, ChrsluvsBk!! I am so happy to finally start a thread of my natural journey..
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 18th March 2010, 7:48 am

Today is the curse of the dust storm!! I wanted to wash my hair today but NOOOO!! There is dust kicking up and it is irritating. I was doing so much better last month and I could wash my hair with no problem.. I woke up this morning and was like hmmm I have to HAVE TOO wash my hair today. Well I get dressed and then get open my door to a dusty gloomy day.. Let me help you all understand what I mean and so you will have a visual of a Iraq dust-storm. Get Johnson n Johnson baby powder, twist it open, and then squeeze as hard as you can. That is what I am dealing with out here. Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Icon_sad

My hair is Itchy and I wanted to do my shampoo today. I leave for home next week Wednesday. This is really disappointing because if I do decide to wash my hair tonight it is a GREAT possibility that the dust will just get thicker outside when I wake up in the morning. I can't wear a cute hat because with my company it has to be a regular baseball hat or sun visor (I only do sun visor because a regular hat will mess wit tha fro). If I do wash tonight then I will have to Co-Wash Monday morning because I have an appointment to get my hair braided (have not figured out how yet) for my trip home, so that I can get off the plan looking Diva like fly for my hubby. Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Herz

Wish me luck ladies, and lets all hope and pray the dust settles and when I wake up in the morning it will be a BRIGHT SUN-SHINING DAY!!! Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Icon_sunny
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th March 2010, 10:16 am

Hi Ktoliver!!!

H-Town in the thread!!!! Welcome to the challenge...you are so going to love it hear!!!

Jump right in and enjoy!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th March 2010, 11:39 am

I think if I was over there I would be in cornrows all the time. Straight up "Set It Off" everyday! LOL

I hope that you will be back home before you know it.

A good friend of mine just landed in Afghanistan (probably yesterday) and it makes me sad to think about all of y'all over there.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 18th March 2010, 12:51 pm

H-TOWN BOUND in a week. I land back to reality.. I CAN NOT WAIT!! Then my hubby and I are going to VEGAS (Which I need a style for that... Hmmmmmm)..

Any suggestions ladies?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th March 2010, 12:56 pm

Vegas...You have to do some wild and funky!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 18th March 2010, 1:14 pm

@Tiashauntee - That is what I am thinking of!! My hair is longer and I think every time I go on vaca. I change my style of dressing and hair. Well more so since I BCd I am the BADEST CHIC ALIVE!!

So I am going for funky and creative. I got the cutest shirt that has a baby on their with two Afro puffs that says "Breaking Combs Since 1982".. I was like PURFECT, because that is when I was born.. Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Icon_cheers

SOOOO to go with that and ALL of the clothes I have purchase and will burn a whole in my card at the Galleria. I have to have BOMB hair.. My beautician was told me to think of something and she will do it. Soooo.... Wild and Funky it is?!?!

I have already done the Mohawk, but I was thinking this time with out the twist.. Or just something new period. I DON'T KNOW!! Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Icon_scratch I NEED HELP!! Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Icon_cry

CALLING ALL CURLY DIVAS... HELP ME OUT!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 18th March 2010, 4:26 pm

****UPDATE***

SUPER DUST STROM!! HARD WINDS!! DUST, DUST, AND MORE DUST!!!EVERY STRAND OF HAIR ON MY BODY THAT WAS NOT COVERED IS NOW COVERED WITH DUST!!

I am going to sleep with condish in my hair, took some sinus meds, and watching Americans Next Top Model.

SUPER IRRITATED ABOUT NOT WASHING MY HAIR!! Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Icon_sad
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 19th March 2010, 11:43 am

Today was just a puff day. I woke up and like a child running to the christmas tree on christmas day I ran to the door to see what was the condition outside.... WELL IT WAS SUNNY AND BEAUTIFUL. So I showered and washed the conditioner out my hair, put some Giovanni protein conditioner, rinse that out. Added some juices-n-berries, stay sof fro, Castor oil, and some Healthy Hair Butter from Carols Daughter. My hair feels great and looks even healthier.

I am kicking myself in the assets because I did NOT wash my hair. I guess I will wash it Sunday.

How are you lovely ladies today.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 19th March 2010, 11:51 am

Good morning lady! I enjoyed reading your story! Congrats on your natural hair journey. I was stationed in Bahrain so I remember the sandstorms well. I would go outside thinking I was cute and get to work with sand all in my hair and face and stuck to my lipgloss! LOL Glad that today is nice and sunny and that you are having a good hair day!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 19th March 2010, 12:05 pm

WHY THANKS HUN!! Yes the sand and wind was STUPID last night but today is a better day (it better stay like that because I leave in a couple of days). I think that your hair is cute and I just posted on your thread to let you know your BC is bomb.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 19th March 2010, 12:10 pm

Thank you so much! I just love your positivity and sense of humor! I will be following your blog.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 19th March 2010, 12:18 pm

***HUGS FROM AFAR***

I will follow yours too!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th March 2010, 12:26 pm

KT I am happy the sun is shining today for you. I agree with Tia get funky for Vegas!! latoya your avatar is beautiful!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 19th March 2010, 12:41 pm

Thanks SD1 I was really happy when I walked outside. My puff was on fluff and I was ready to go. But I am MORE SO ready to go to my house in Texas.

I really have to think about my hair for Vegas. It does have to be funky because I am dying to wear this one outfit with some RED LIPSTICK.. Still thinking...

Any ideas chicas?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th March 2010, 12:56 pm

hey kt, welcome! bout time u joined, lol. loved ur story! ur definitely got some great growth, now im totally inspired to have someone give me some braiding updo's or somethin cuz i know i cant do it myself Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Icon_rolleyes

i need to be makin my way to vegas so i can see my man wayne brady on LETS MAKE A DEAL!!! whatever it is im taking DOOR #2!!

i love ur fierceness, im totally afraid of red lipstick. i feel like a clown when i experimented at home but its on my "bucket list" to one day leave the house with it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 19th March 2010, 1:26 pm

I know, I know Nubbie I am pulling in late to the race. Thank you for the compliments. And me daring to wear red lipstick.. We had a Secret Valentines and my co-worker bought me some Eye-lashes with diamonds, some eye shadow and RED lipstick..

TRUST I have been scared of the red lipstick, but honestly my hair has given me a whole new sense of attitude. Trust I am going to take pics of it. I am SUPER EXCITED to hit Vegas I am going with my hubby, my friend that is/was a permie (she has not had a perm in 5 months, and she is
just goin to braid or do a full head sew in. Shhhhh she transitioning
and don't even know it. LOL!!) and her boyfriend. We will be there for the Roy Jones fight even though I am excited about the after parties and not seeing him take nap time on the floor.

***HAIR IDEA***

I am thinking to have her braid my hair up to the front, and coil twist OR two strand twisted forward. So one side and the back side will be braided, which will be good for more than one reason ( I have not seen my hubby since Jan.. yall grown.. and get the big picture). WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

Also, Wayne Brady has betrayed me and is not doing shows when I am there so he is getting my side eye for that one...

And where can I find those T-shirts wit the measurement on the back.. I like those... and will like to track progress as I go.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 19th March 2010, 1:36 pm

Ooh, I like that Christmas hair in the first post, did you do that yourself?

And it looks like we had our last perms around the same time, I'll have to watch your progress to steal your ideas when I BC Very Happy
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 19th March 2010, 1:42 pm

Muz wrote: Ooh, I like that Christmas hair in the first post, did you do that yourself?

And it looks like we had our last perms around the same time, I'll have to watch your progress to steal your ideas when I BC Very Happy

I wish I had the patients to do that myself. I have a stylist when I go home and she does the damn thing with my head. She is my Athena in the clutch.. Maybe as my hair gets longer I will not have to go to her to style my hair as much but for now.. I am going to be lazy and go to her. LOL!! I am watching yours also hun. I am super excited to continue with my growth. A lot of people ask me are you going to cut your hair again? I just answer nooooooo.. I am going to fro out and style nice!

Your roots are AMAZING though so you are doing very well. I can not WAIT to see your BC results I know they are going to be BANGING!!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 19th March 2010, 6:12 pm

went bowling wit my puff. Pics below:

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Img_1710

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Img_1711

Ktoliver5303- New Me! New Diva! w/pics Img_1712
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th March 2010, 11:03 pm

Hey lady, enjoy your husband, Vegas and your 'do. That tee shirt sounds great, the one with the afro puffs and 1982.

As for ideas, you can do flat twists to the side with twists. After a few days, you can take the twists out and rock the flat twists and twist out.

I will be back to check out pictures.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next