CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of tips and support!

2 posters

Go down

In need of tips and support! Empty In need of tips and support!

Post by BellaLuna 13th July 2010, 12:11 pm

Hello my name is Selena and I am currently 13 weeks post relaxer. I have been getting relaxers for 12 years, I am 25 now and do not even remember what my natural texture is [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I don't know whether I should do the BC or let it grow out. I am looking for a big sis to help me thru this time of decision making. If anyone could please respond with some advice I would be grateful. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

In need of tips and support! Empty Re: In need of tips and support!

Post by ChicagoChica 13th July 2010, 5:20 pm

Congratulations on your transitioning! I transitioned for 15 weeks before I made the decision to do the BC on May 26, and I haven't looked back.

The decision to make the BC is totally up to you. It comes when you feel that you're ready to make the move, or if you'd rather wait. You will know when it's time for you, and no one can tell you differently.

Until you decide to do the BC, the best advice that I can provide is to keep your hair moisturized, and always deep condition when you wash. Even deep-condition when/if you co-wash. This is so important with the line of demarcation between your natural and relaxed hair. Another piece of advice that I followed was to treat my hair as if it was already natural. I only used non-sulfate and non-parabens shampoos. I also continued to use natural conditioners. My favorites are by SheScentit, HairVeda, and AfroVeda.

Stay encouraged!
ChicagoChica
ChicagoChica

http://mynaturalstate.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BellaLuna 13th July 2010, 8:41 pm

Thank you soooooo much!!!! I have been talking to my friends and boyfriend about it and they are completely against it Sad. I've been looking online for shampoos and stuff to use for styling while wet, could you suggest some hairstyles I could do before the BC? I really appreciate your help Smile
BellaLuna
BellaLuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down