CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BC support

+3
traveljunkie08
Lynnieluve
BattleKat
7 posters

Go down

BC support Empty BC support

Post by BattleKat 18th January 2010, 12:34 am

I transitioned for 9 months and I couldn't stand it any more so I went ahead and cut it about 2 weeks ago. I went to a sylist that specializes in natural hair to get it cut. After she cut off the relaxed hair she started cutting to even it out. I thought that my heart was going to burst out of my chest. I hated it and she was cutting in even shorter. She put some kind of moisturizer in it an sent me home. On the way home my curls were hugging my head. I HATED IT. I just wanted to cry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My husband was very unhappy with me and when my mother saw she didn't say a word. I got a call later from my aunt letting me no that they did not approve. The cut has grown on me and I am looking forward to it growing out so that I can do different things with it. I still haven't been able to take my picture to post. I guess I'm still a little apprehensive. Did anyone else dislike the BC after it happened? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

BC support Empty Re: BC support

Post by Lynnieluve 18th January 2010, 12:45 am

I'm sorry you're not happy with your BC.

I would love to see a pic of your hair. I bet you look gorgeous. My experience wasnt the same as yours but I know you will grow to love it.

Here is a thread with a story similar to yours.

Check out my fotki. It's in my signature. Hopefully it can give you some inspiration. I attempted two strand twist with only a little over an inch of hair. Dont laugh when you see the pics.

When you get a chance, take and pic and post it so we can see it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 18th January 2010, 6:53 pm

@BattleKat: I felt very similar to you after I did my BC. I did it after 10 months of transitioning. It takes some of us a little longer to adjust and fall in "love" with our hair, but we eventually do. I think you'll find this site very helpful. You'll get a lot of the support and encouragement you need, especially if you aren't getting it at home. (I think your husband will come around too. It's an adjustment for him as well.)

It sounds like you did a wash n go after your BC and experienced a lot of shrinkage. I think if you wear styles to stretch your hair (i.e. twist outs, braid outs, roller sets) and show its length, that will help you. Visit some of the threads in the Butters n Bars challenge. There are several recent BCers that I think will serve as an inspiration to you.

Finally, don't be afraid to post a pic. Very Happy
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 18th January 2010, 7:29 pm

@BATTLEKAT-

Hello and welcome to CN.
Like you I recently BC'd after 8 months of transition (on 12/31/09)s. I think we all go through a period of adjustment afterwards. There's so much hype, and once its done it's like..."what have I done". Some people feel free, some feel elation, some feel regret...it's all part of the journey.

I know for me, I was so nervous, once it was done I felt calm, but I was then disappointed at how dry my hair was....Where was the lovely sheen I see on all my natural sisters? Embarassed

What I can say is it does get better, and like TravelJunkie said, experiment with styles that stretches the hair. I don't have enough hair for a wash n' gos...yet, it shrinks WAY to much for my liking. I'll be checkin' in on you as you progress, keep your head up girl cheers .

Lastly post some pics, I know it's scary...but you are supported here on CN Smile
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by Abisco 18th January 2010, 8:06 pm

BattleKat wrote:I transitioned for 9 months and I couldn't stand it any more so I went ahead and cut it about 2 weeks ago. I went to a sylist that specializes in natural hair to get it cut. After she cut off the relaxed hair she started cutting to even it out. I thought that my heart was going to burst out of my chest. I hated it and she was cutting in even shorter. She put some kind of moisturizer in it an sent me home. On the way home my curls were hugging my head. I HATED IT. I just wanted to cry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My husband was very unhappy with me and when my mother saw she didn't say a word. I got a call later from my aunt letting me no that they did not approve. The cut has grown on me and I am looking forward to it growing out so that I can do different things with it. I still haven't been able to take my picture to post. I guess I'm still a little apprehensive. Did anyone else dislike the BC after it happened? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi Battlekat

I know exactly how you feel, cos I felt like that almost ten days ago when I BC-ed. It took me completely by surprise and I just didn't know what to do or how I was going to go to church on Sunday or work on Monday. As the ladies have pointed out, everyone reacts differently after the BC and sometimes as excited as we were just minutes before the actual cut, the reality can sometimes be quite daunting and overwhelming. But I'm so glad that you say its grown on you. I really love my hair now and thanks to the ladies on this site who are full of so much support and encouragement, I'm learning how to look after my hair. As Lynnieluv and Traveljunkie said, check out their threads/fotkis as well as others and don't be afraid to ask for styling suggestions or advice cos everyone is more than happy to help out and support. Now change your avatar so we can see and appreciate the beautiful newly natural you!
Abisco
Abisco

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 19th January 2010, 2:57 am

Thanks ladies for all the support it helps a lot. It wasn't like my hair defined me and cutting my hair was tragic, it just changed how I look and it surprised me. I'm trying upload a picture.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Abisco 19th January 2010, 4:29 am

Try telling me that picture isn't fly! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It really looks good [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Abisco
Abisco

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th January 2010, 2:57 pm

Your hair looks good!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 19th January 2010, 4:53 pm

That hair is lovely. I miss my TWA a lot of days. Smile You look great sis.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mspla 21st January 2010, 3:05 pm

Hi Battlekat,

I know how you feel I too recently big choped in oct 2009. I had

sister loc's that I had been growing for seven years. My hair was

long and healthy. My husband was not happy He says he went to

work and I had beautiful loc's came home and your bald. I cut them

out myself and then the next day went to a baber to have it

shaped. When I was done cutting looking in the mirror I asked my

self what did you do? When I told Hubs i was going to a barber he

replied (for what) are you going to shave it. kind of made me feel

bad, but when I left the barber my confidence had risen(due to all

the guys in the shop giving me compliments) lol . when my mom who

is usually my biggest supporter saw me she said you had more hair

on you head when you were born, this will have to grow on me she

said. Now they both like my hair I think due to my confidence. I am

rocking my Twa with confidence I love my hair and you will too.
mspla
mspla

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 21st January 2010, 8:14 pm

I'm glad it worked out for you and I agree that you have to have plenty of confidence to wear a TWA and mine has been boosted. I feel more original with my new hair. I have a different type of energy. My husband had been complaining that I hadn't been putting enough effort into my appearance now I'm wearing make-up and really going the extra mile. So the hair cut could be a plus for him. I will have to remind him of that. The other day my 4 year old said mommie I like your little hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thanks for the support.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 22nd January 2010, 2:43 pm

@BattleKat, your TWA looks great! Glad the look is growing on you. Smile
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by mspla 22nd January 2010, 5:21 pm

@Battlekat,
awww how sweet of your 4 year old, and thanks for the kind words. BTW Your TWA looks good.
mspla
mspla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down